Jaguars getting new uniforms

thewhodat

• Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Are you sure that's the new wordmark? It looks a lot like the Reebok NFL font used on apparel.

There's no reason to think it's not. Its placement matches the placement of other teams' wordmarks on these toy trucks.

I heard that the numbers will "mirror" the letters in the new wordmark according to a guy at a Jags forum. He also calls the design "plain and simple" as we've heard a couple of people who've seen it say the same thing.

16 NBA Titles

1949, 1950, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1972, 1980, 1982, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2009, 2010

I heard that the numbers will "mirror" the letters in the new wordmark according to a guy at a Jags forum. He also calls the design "plain and simple" as we've heard a couple of people who've seen it say the same thing.

Exactly what I was afraid of.

As for the story link posted above...

The Jaguars' offseason of change will apparently include the team's uniforms.

The team plans to do some tweaking of its uniforms this season, according to a report on the team's Web site. Owner Wayne Weaver wants to standardize the uniform design because he believes the team was using too many combinations. The result was that the Jaguars were losing identity to fans.

When teams such as the Packers, Giants and Steelers appear on highlight shows, it's obvious which team is playing because those teams tend to have standard home and away uniforms. The Jaguars sometimes play in all-white uniforms, all-black uniforms or various combinations of teal, white and black.

The team's official colors are teal, black and gold. The new uniform design is likely to be more of a tweaking than a radical departure.

According to the team, the design is going to define the team's colors while providing distinct home and away combinations.

Weaver is at the owners' meetings in Dana Point, Calif., this week and was not available for comment. Team spokesman Dan Edwards declined to confirm the Web site report.

So...the team's done lost identity, huh? IT'S BECAUSE Y'ALL OVERSATURATED IT WILL ALL THAT UNNECESSARY BLACK!!!

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

When teams such as the Packers, Giants and Steelers appear on highlight shows, it's obvious which team is playing because those teams tend to have standard home and away uniforms.

Truer words were never spoken. I'm one of the many who have been hammering certain teams for failing to have a distinctive look, especially with their road/white uniforms. WAY TOO MUCH BLACK on the uniforms and the helmets. If the Jags want to look more distinctive, they need to emphasize the teal and gold more than the black...teal road pants would help.

NorthernColFightingWhites4.GIF

Exactly what I was afraid of.

As for the story link posted above...

The Jaguars' offseason of change will apparently include the team's uniforms.

The team plans to do some tweaking of its uniforms this season, according to a report on the team's Web site. Owner Wayne Weaver wants to standardize the uniform design because he believes the team was using too many combinations. The result was that the Jaguars were losing identity to fans.

When teams such as the Packers, Giants and Steelers appear on highlight shows, it's obvious which team is playing because those teams tend to have standard home and away uniforms. The Jaguars sometimes play in all-white uniforms, all-black uniforms or various combinations of teal, white and black.

The team's official colors are teal, black and gold. The new uniform design is likely to be more of a tweaking than a radical departure.

According to the team, the design is going to define the team's colors while providing distinct home and away combinations.

Weaver is at the owners' meetings in Dana Point, Calif., this week and was not available for comment. Team spokesman Dan Edwards declined to confirm the Web site report.

So...the team's done lost identity, huh? IT'S BECAUSE Y'ALL OVERSATURATED IT WILL ALL THAT UNNECESSARY BLACK!!!

Word. They had what I would consider a "contemporary classic" look with their teal tops and white pants, and blew it by mixing and matching all the black in there. No other team has black helmets and teal (or blue, or green, or any element that makes up teal) jerseys. Had they either worn the alleged teal pants on the road, OR gone with black pants full time (home and road), they would eventually be instantly recognizable. They have to remember that they're not nearly as old or storied as the Giants, Packers, and Steelers.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived