Jaguars getting new uniforms

thewhodat

I dont understand how you can claim to be "standardizing" and creating a "distinct" image by removing one of your colors, and presenting a blander version of what they already had!!

the number font is terrible, the jersey design looks awful... and overall the teal on white and white on black scheme ... with the away jerseys feauturing now basically all black and no teal...is the same horrid concept they had last time,

• Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Huge downgrade. The elination of gold on the uniforms makes them look boring. I don't think the stripes look good at all. Road uniform is mainly black.

The helmets will be interesting to watch during a game. Right now, that is the only thing that might be an upgrade.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Yup. These are going to be gone in 10 years, if the Jags are still in Jacksonville by then (maybe they can move to LA and rebrand themselves within 5 years, cuz I don't know if I can last that long looking at these monstrosities for that long). A perfect chance to clear yourselves of the Black Plague, and you blew it bigtime!! You don't even look like the same team at home or on the road!! "Identity defined," my arse!!! More like "Identity lost!!"

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

Oh man. Seems like they had some decent ideas, but kept it too simple and forgot about making a cohesive brand. Here is what they should have done:

-Kept the old number font, or gone standard block.

-Made the helmet Teal.

-Went Teal on White at home and White on Teal on the road.

-Black and Gold should be trim colors only, and be equally represented in the uniforms.

-Gone with the college look they went with, but spiced it up a tiny bit more.

All in all it really isn't horrible, but they have some major issues. Black helmet at home looks out of place, they are missing Teal from the roadies, and their jerseys seem too plain right now.

It's not iridescent, it's just metal flakes. The 10% cooler isn't referring to "coolness" but rather not hot, more comfortable during the heat.

newjags1.jpg

newjags2.jpg

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

It's not iridescent, it's just metal flakes. The 10% cooler isn't referring to "coolness" but rather not hot, more comfortable during the heat.

newjags1.jpg

newjags2.jpg

No, I get that it refers to temperature, but what is 10% cooler & how can they determine that?

ujsignature.png

All I have to say is that these uni's suck! The Jags had one of the best sets last year minus the black pants. These are boring and plain, weak attempt by the Jags here. These might be the worst uni's in the NFL right now.

Grade: F

beLEAF

story(7787)720x320.jpg
You say you like teal jerseys at home? Well, you?re gonna like ?em eight games a year because team owner Wayne Weaver announced at today?s uniform unveiling that the team will wear teal jerseys and white pants for all home games.

What about the heat? No need to worry because the new fabric will make the uniforms 30 percent lighter and 10 percent cooler.

Do you think the Jags are wearing the new jersey type that the Packers were testing and we saw some of the Giants wear?

Yes, I do.

That would explain why the players look like overstuffed sausages.

Untitled-2-1.png

zzzzzzzzzzzzz. This is a shameless way for a dying franchise to try to squeeze blood from a turnip. Move them to LA already.

Your ignorance shows you know nothing about the situation.

Whats to know?

-Its the only team that can't sell out it's (beautiful, new) stadium.

-Its a smallish market (that has only one team that it fails at supporting.)

-They failed at hosting the Super Bowl.

I have nothing against the city of Jacksonville or the team, its just that there is no reason for the team's existence there, that's all.

Nothing personal, chap.

Besides, i'm just another homer wanting someone other than the Vikings to move there.

Why??? Teal and Gold was one of the best color combinations in the league, and this had so much potential... now the gold is awkward only on the logo, and the uniforms simply result in being boring, sort of like something created by a joint effort between the designers of the Miami Hurricanes and the Oregon Ducks uniforms.

So is this helmet iridescent teal & black? What does 10% cooler even mean?

newjagshelmet.jpg

Wow, I hate this helmet. Even the facemask got the flake paint treatment. What was cool about the old helmets is the logo faded into the background and it was large and powering on the sides of the helmet. Now you can clearly see the black outline and there is something so girls softball about teal flake paint that shouldn't be present on a men's sports uniform.

PvO6ZWJ.png

The worst thing for me, though, is that they are keeping the black socks with the black pants. It seems like teams just aren't going to realize how bad that looks.

You guys better get with the rest of the world, and get into this century.

These teams wear them, because that's what is in style. That simple.

Love the new uni's. Simple yet original. The helmet rocks and is something different. And, I love that so many here hate them too. That must mean, they kick ass.

Looks like the Raiders are no longer the only team with a boring uniform in the league now.

These look like a watered down version of the Broncos uniforms. And the only way that helmet will look cool is out in the sun. Who ever they hired to redesign these uniforms should give the money back and call it charity work.

wAj9T56.png

Archived