Jaguars getting new uniforms

thewhodat

Although I really don't mind the home jersey, I do not like the solid black numbers on the away jersey. Way too plain. I definitely think that this set is much better than the Lions set... which I hate.

Here is my update to the new set... kind of a mix between old and new.

28bwg20.jpg

10x better.

Just a couple of tweaks you made, and it looks... amazing.

• Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is disappointing. Not only because the uniforms are completely boring. But because the Jags (along with the Panthers) were the two newer franchises that had the new-aged flashy uniforms and logos. Now the Jags have almost the same uniform design as my old high school... WTH is that about.

More gold. Boring numbers. Helmet decals look off. Bleh. Downgrade.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

E! A! G! L! E! S! EAGLES!!!

wait...this is the Jaguars? heh, coulda fooled me. isn't the general idea of a uniform overhaul to improve upon your look, not regress? I mean shoot, these look like practice rags.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

I like the simplicity of them. To put the Jag and stripes on the small sleeves just seems pointless. There's something about the simplicity of the uniforms that works for me. As one who hates piping, there's just the right amount of it that it works. Heck, they could've gone the Buffalo Bills route and just threw everything on the uniform that they could think of. Good job on the uniforms.

The wordmark is nothing to write home about. It just seems confused. Is it block letters or is it stylistic? They needed to go one way or the other, keep last year's wordmark or go with the arched blocks, not both in one design.

I agree the uniform is bland and probably needs more gold, otherwise I think it's fine. The helmet deal really bothers me. I don't mind creativity, but teal "flakes" on a black helmet sets a bad precident. We all know how copycat the NFL is...and this could get really horrific in the coming years.

newsig.jpg

Although I really don't mind the home jersey, I do not like the solid black numbers on the away jersey. Way too plain. I definitely think that this set is much better than the Lions set... which I hate.

Here is my update to the new set... kind of a mix between old and new.

28bwg20.jpg

10x better.

I second that.

You've got to be kidding........that is the best you could have come up with ????? I've seen better concepts from people on this board than the team came up with. Where's the gold ? And your happy with the Ravens road look ????? Can't tell the difference between the Jags and Ravens. Where's the teal on the road, thought there was supposed to be "more" teal in the road look. Black numbers and thoses awful looking black pants. Please...................................................

10x better.

I second that.

I third it.....

spacer.png  5-time Defending NL East Champions spacer.png 

Okay, this is my take, now that I'm seeing the real thing...

...Someone from Nike Inc. infiltrated Reebok's design group (or whatever team did this), mapped this design out, and snuck back out the door before he or she had a chance to be identified and/or captured.

Why do I say that?

Notice the jersey "template" (and make no mistake...this cut pattern WILL become a template here very soon). You see how it has the back bib, just like Nike's college jerseys? Notice the two different types of fabric (or what at least appears to be two different types)? See the swooshes in the jersey and the pants? (And make no mistake--those are not "stripes", since stripes are normally a consistent size; and they are not piping, which normally runs along a seam. No--these are "swooshes", through and through.) Tell me that isn't Nike-fied. To even further my theory, the pants are flat black. Tell me how many college teams you've seen over the past three or four years go with flat fabric rather than the sheen.

Now that I say that, here's my overall synopsis...while I wish they'd never changed from what they had, the idea behind this new design isn't all that bad at all. The execution of it, however, while not of "epic" proportions, is still a BIG-TIME fail.

Let me break this down in points:

I DO like the idea behind that helmet. I think that only works for darker, cooler colors, though. Teal, blue, and maybe purple/violet might be the only colors that kind of application works with. Definitely unique. I don't think it was necessary to apply that to the actual facemask, but I ain't mad about that either. I'll give that a go.

The jersey...oh boy here do I start? First off, the Jaguars shoulda NEVER scrapped the numerals they had. Those were probably the best-looking numbers in the whole league, in my opinion. If they had to change, I'da rather they went back to the old-style blocks they had in their inagural season (and as i type that I look at this inagural season autographed Mark Brunell authentic teal jersey, manufactured by Wilson, hanging on the wall behind me). This new one looks like a hackneyed conglomerate of the Falcons and Patriots, as someone else said. Even still, had the Jags went with a GOLD outline sorta akin to thhat mockup someone posted, I could stomach these. Hell, for that matter, had those swooshes included gold, that also woulda worked. That collar, however, is all kinds of messed up. (I really wish teams would stop using collar designs like that...what's wrong with a simple v-neck?) And...I still believe the collar and armhole cuffs need some kind of trim...hell, solid black would work.

The pants...I can't tell if there's any teal on those pants or not, but nevermind that...they're STILL going with the black pants on the road. With BLACK numbers. and black socks. Right...really identifiable there, Wayne Weasel. It is for that reason the home version definitely works better.

Overall, the idea behind this supposed "upgrade" coulda been a lot better...instead, they decided to do something different without fixing their most glaring issue...the disparity between home and road. Teal and white at home...and might as well be BLACK on the road. Nice cohesion there.

Guess it's a good thing I still have this Brunell original and two of the most recent version, cuz I can promise you I will NOT be spending no change on any of this new stuff, at all.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

bad ass:

newjagshelmet.jpg

sucks ass:

FF_256564ALT1_xl.jpg

the perfect jags set would be the new helmet, last years home uniform (teal on white), and this road set:

stroud.jpg

this new set.... is just brutal. those numbers look chunky and awkward, and the lack of gold is preposterous.

this new set.... is just brutal. those numbers look chunky and awkward, and the lack of gold is preposterous.

Exactly! I know Del Rio wants a 'tough football team' image but by going with this new font it throws off the rest of the identity. Jaguars themselves are smooth, agile cats, as the original font and wordmark reflected...what a shame.

And no gold? That is the most prominent color on jaguars for goodness sake. It's role as an accent color was perfect in the previous set. Now the uniforms look washed out.

www.skyedesignstudios.com

Exactly! I know Del Rio wants a 'tough football team' image...

Yes, and sparkly teal helmet highlights just SCREAM toughness! :rolleyes: (Emoticon is for the Jags, not you.)

In that helmet pic the logo looks like it was cut out of a poster or something and pasted on. Horrible! Can this possibly be what a game helmet will look like?

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

FROM STUD

800px-AFCS-Uniform-Combination-JAX.png

TO DUD

AFCS-Uniform-JAX.png

The two far left in the old set are "stud", or maybe use the white/white insead of white/black, but no uniform set that uses five mix and match combinations can ever be good.

The best thing they did with the new set is to have only two uniform combinations. I don't like a lot of the actual design, but I do applaud the team's desire for a simpler uniform set.

Maybe this is all Weaver's plan to make the team look more bland...so he can move the team to LA. :blink:

Seriously, WTF were they thinking???? They look LESS distinct now, and look like the Jacksonvilladelphia Eagles.

More like the Stupidville Stupids.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived