Jaguars getting new uniforms

thewhodat

The only way you can call this set hideous is if you're illogically and militantly anti-piping.

Or, you question the wisdom of combining a blocky, more "traditional" number font and wordmark with modern, "flashy" elements like the aforementioned piping. Or, you question the wisdom of eliminating the color Gold from the entirety of the uniform, save the logo on the helmet. Or, you question the wisdom of "simplifying" the uniform set to the level of boring.

HIDEOUS!!!

Agreed - there are many logical reasons to call this hideous. No miltancy required.

Personally, I am militantly anti-piping, but the piping is the thing on this set that bothers me the least. I barely notice it, in the middle of the overall catastrophic downgrade.

• Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've certainly seen worse uniforms before, and I wouldn't even put these in my own personal "top 10 worst uniforms" list.

Since when was the goal in sports branding to simply avoid the 'top 10 worst' list?

There is no reason to excuse mediocrity. The jags blew it...big time.

www.skyedesignstudios.com

The Jaguars just went from owning one of the most identifiable uniforms, to having one of the most bland sets in the NFL today.

The gold is all but gone. They picked out some sorta modern looking block numbers when the previous ones were 2384 times better. There is not one thing unique about it the new look at all (except for sparkly teal helmet which I don't even care for). And on top of all that, the Jags didn't even mix up the jersey color scheme (teal/white at home and white/black on the road). Really, why even attempt to change when you're going to drop the ball like they did?? <_<

6uXNWAo.png

i haven't looked through all the pages....

has anyone notice that "jacksonville" is above the team name on the front of the jersey? every nfl team just has the "team name" only, correct? with a "mesh" jersey and the fact that those letters are SO tiny, they will be falling off left and right.

footer_helmet.gif

i haven't looked through all the pages....

has anyone notice that "jacksonville" is above the team name on the front of the jersey? every nfl team just has the "team name" only, correct? with a "mesh" jersey and the fact that those letters are SO tiny, they will be falling off left and right.

It's true. If you look at it again, you will also notice that it's the only part of the jersey that has gold. There's a gold border around the teeny "Jaguars" wordmark.

Teams are scared to use "unique" colors on their uniforms. It's a damn shame.

Seriously at this point I don't give a damn anymore! I've tried to find favor for their new set opposed to the previous but even with a few things that bugged me with their old set, I hat these with a passion. The helmet is nice although I think they went to far by applying the same technique to the facemask. OVERKILL!! As others have stated, the Jag's had one of the better uni sets in the league until the addition of the black pants and 3rd jersey. I could forgive them for the pants considering their helmet was black...that is if they would have opted for teal numerals on the away jersey with a striped sock to break up the leotard look! ...Enough ranting....here is my final take on a set that I wasn't going to put out at first. Enjoy!

NFLConcept-JacksonvilleJaguarsaltAw.png

Or, you question the wisdom of combining a blocky, more "traditional" number font and wordmark with modern, "flashy" elements like the aforementioned piping. Or, you question the wisdom of eliminating the color Gold from the entirety of the uniform, save the logo on the helmet. Or, you question the wisdom of "simplifying" the uniform set to the level of boring.

HIDEOUS!!!

No, hideous is the Eagles' throwback set. Somebody already did a mock-up a couple pages back that basically changed a couple small details and suddenly the uniforms are absolutely stunning. I agree in principle with your point, but I'm not foaming at the mouth like a rabid dog over them.

cttdolphins2.png

i like it.

im probably one of the only people who were annoyed by the previous jaguars set, especially the heavy use of black out of nowhere.

Then how could you possibly "like it", when it uses exactly as much black as the previous set??? Black numbers, pants, socks on the road - just like before.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Also what annoys me to no end is the lack of color on the collar. A teal jersey really needs a contrasting collar to look good on a fan - otherwise, it looks like you're wearing a practice jersey.

I feel the same way about piping on colored-alts in baseball too - no piping - practice jersey.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Ok, heres my submation, Hate the black road pant combo. Numbers on the white jerseys need to be teal again. Wear white pants also on the road. Would love to see teal pants. Home teal jerseys are ok with design. Simple, no need of wild ass. arena league stripes or piping. Need some sort of gold trim. Helmets, I need to see them outside in bright sunlight to see just how much teal you can see in them. Do the helmets seem to turn completely teal in the sun or just on the sun hot spot reflection ? Overall, uniform combos need balance in color distribution between the two. Still way too much black on the road.

Ok, heres my submation, Hate the black road pant combo. Numbers on the white jerseys need to be teal again. Wear white pants also on the road. Would love to see teal pants. Home teal jerseys are ok with design. Simple, no need of wild ass. arena league stripes or piping. Need some sort of gold trim. Helmets, I need to see them outside in bright sunlight to see just how much teal you can see in them. Do the helmets seem to turn completely teal in the sun or just on the sun hot spot reflection ? Overall, uniform combos need balance in color distribution between the two. Still way too much black on the road.

Wild ass? Is this what we're calling striping around the rear end from now on? :P

Archived