Jaguars getting new uniforms

thewhodat

• Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I actually like these as well. Modern and simple hasn't really been accomplished yet, so whereas so many people complain about boredom, I think it's a new style that hasn't been funny maximized yet.

VmWIn6B.png

Nope. According to the team, the point of this was to establish an identity, by having only one home and one road uniform, with no mixing and matching.

Yes, we wouldn't want to confuse people, when they turned into watching a Jags game, because they might have a different colored pant on. That would be just awful. :P

I find the owner, dictating that "we will only wear teal jerseys and white pants at home" pretty humorous.

This just in Wayne....mixing and matching is going on, at every level of football, with most teams. How many teams in the past 2 years, only wore one home uniform and one road uniform in the NFL? Lets see....

Colts, Packers and Raiders. That's it.

I wonder if those other 29 teams also had confused fans, with teams who didn't have an indentity? Or, was it just you? :P

No offense to ballinology, patsox, & few others...but if only ballinology, patsox, and only a few others like this, then this was not a good upgrade. :P

Obviously. But, that's not going to keep me from saying I like these. I don't love them. I just really like them. :D

One thing I do wish is that the uniforms had a little of the shine that the helmets have. It looks weird having what appears to be matte jerseys paired up with glossy helmets.

Nope. According to the team, the point of this was to establish an identity, by having only one home and one road uniform, with no mixing and matching.

Yes, we wouldn't want to confuse people, when they turned into watching a Jags game, because they might have a different colored pant on. That would be just awful. :P

I find the owner, dictating that "we will only wear teal jerseys and white pants at home" pretty humorous.

This just in Wayne....mixing and matching is going on, at every level of football, with most teams. How many teams in the past 2 years, only wore one home uniform and one road uniform in the NFL? Lets see....

I wonder if those other 29 teams also had confused fans, with teams who didn't have an indentity? Or, was it just you? :P

I don't think the point is fans turning up at a stadium- its people watching on TV. I think that the owner is completely within his rights to feel that a pretty young franchise doesn't have a clear indentity yet. And lets face it the Colts, Packers and Raiders are not bad franchises to take a lead from in terms of building an identity.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Don't the Chiefs only have 1 home/1 away uniform? What about Seattle? Last year, the Patriots ditched the silver alt to give themselves 1 home/1 away.

I don't think there is anything wrong with some consistentcy.

Some people just will not be happy until every team is the '79 Pirates.

nl_1979_pittsburgh_01.gif

Don't the Chiefs only have 1 home/1 away uniform? What about Seattle? Last year, the Patriots ditched the silver alt to give themselves 1 home/1 away.

I don't think there is anything wrong with some consistentcy.

The Chiefs mix and match red pants with their white jerseys a lot and Seattle has done pants mixing with both their home and away jerseys (although not recently).

Chargers.

I will say MAJOR fail. Not epic, but major.

I hate the black road unis. Since they were concerned with identity, I can understand why black pants versus teal, because the Dolphins have aqua pants and they want to be different. No problem.

But the black socks and black numbers make it too much. Teal is almost gone from the road uni, and IMHO, I just think "Ravens" when I see the colors in that set.

The home unis are okay, but the jersey does remind me of the Eagles now.

I think that dropping the old numbers for the current ones was also a bad idea: the old numbers help give the Jags a unique identity, but these new ones are just bland and bad. I also am part of the piping-hating crowd.

What I like about the set: simplied look and now consistency in the pant design/striping.

This could have been a great update if they'd kept the numeral font, left in some gold trim around the numerals and gone with teal on the road unis.

I say this is a major step backward. Their look has gone from something I thought needed a little tweaking, to something that needs a total redo.

The Jaguars could have very easily met Mr. Weaver's goal of having just one home uniform combination and one road uni combo without trotting-out these sorry excuses for on-field wear. Simply wearing their old teal jerseys with their old white pants at home, while wearing their old white jerseys with their old white pants (or, similarly-striped black pants) on the road would have accomplished the same thing.

Further, staying with the older jerseys and pants would have allowed the team to maintain what tradition the team already had, rather than simply lamely trying to launch another new "tradtion". Memo to Wayne Weaver: jumping on the trendy "black jerseys will be intimidating" and "let's roll-out a unitard look" bandwagons caused your problems in the first place, so why simply hop on the equally questionable "modern piping" and "blocky Cardinal-like numbers" bandwagons? Far better to stick with the aspects of your older, traditional uniforms that were unique and attractive.

Instead, the Jaguars' brass introduced these new uniforms because they're looking to make a buck off of the sale of new jerseys... pure and simple. That the new uniforms feature a wordmark and numeric font that isn't nearly as unique as their old wordmark and numeric font doesn't bother the suits. It doesn't bother them that the new jersey numerals come across as being, in point of fact, little more than a hybrid of numbers that the Atlanta Falcons and Arizona Cardinals have recently unveiled. It doesn't bother them that for all the talk of sleeve logos being eliminated on these new jerseys because modern NFL players shorten their sleeves so much that the logos are often removed, the trend toward tightening NFL jerseys similarly - and awkwardly - truncates the too-trendy piping that has been introduced on the new Jags jerseys.

Bottom line? In this man's opinion, the Jaguars' 2009 uniforms will be new... but, they most definitely won't be improved.

the jags new unis look nice, but i hope they add a black one in the future. their old black one was good.

I too would like to see a black alternate.

The argument for making a change was that they had too many combinations. Adding an alternate jersey would water down the identity.

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

the jags new unis look nice, but i hope they add a black one in the future. their old black one was good.

I too would like to see a black alternate.

The argument for making a change was that they had too many combinations. Adding an alternate jersey would water down the identity.

I see...I agree with that idea, but I would still like to see an alternate.

Chargers.

Chargers have an alt.

Chargers.

Chargers have an alt.

Seahawks, Dolphins, Patriots, Giants, Titians, Saints, Lions, Vikings, Cardinals, Chiefs, Ravens, Browns

Archived