Jaguars getting new uniforms

thewhodat

• Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply
dennisbergan is a raving lunatic who struggles with constructing sentences, but he's right about those old Falcons jerseys. Man, were those dull. They're certainly allowed to try being modern.

For a raving lunatic (a label that I'm not going to dispute or endorse) I happen to agree with 90% of his opinions. Seems like people see the name and go on the attack without actually considering the point of the post.

I do as well, for what it's worth.

I think too many people on this board want the entire NFL to look like they did in 1965 - everyone uses varsity block lettering, two color unis (plus White), and some sort of variation of Northwestern striping on the sleeves. Oh - and they should all wear elbow-length sleeves as well. Regardless of the practicality of that. And...striped socks. Gray masks.

Now, I'm no fan of some of the current trends...I tend to hate the "leotard" look so prevalent these days, and I'm not really a fan of overly designed unis - excessive piping, side panels, etc. But I do like designs that move forward but still keep SOME of the elements that made the overall look popular in the first place.

Which is why I like the new Lions' unis so much.

The new Jags' unis? Jury's still out for me. These are not traditional uniforms, but they're not excessively over-designed either. They certainly won't resemble any other team in the NFL...and no, they DON'T look like the Pats.

I think too many people on this board want the entire NFL to look like they did in 1965 - everyone uses varsity block lettering, two color unis (plus White), and some sort of variation of Northwestern striping on the sleeves. Oh - and they should all wear elbow-length sleeves as well. Regardless of the practicality of that. And...striped socks. Gray masks.

Now, I'm no fan of some of the current trends...I tend to hate the "leotard" look so prevalent these days, and I'm not really a fan of overly designed unis - excessive piping, side panels, etc. But I do like designs that move forward but still keep SOME of the elements that made the overall look popular in the first place.

The new Jags' unis? Jury's still out for me. These are not traditional uniforms, but they're not excessively over-designed either. They certainly won't resemble any other team in the NFL...and no, they DON'T look like the Pats.

Coming from someone as knowledgable as you, I appreciate your thoughts.

Lot of people here, like you said, think all uniforms should be the same. Everyone should look like they did, when they were growing up or their dad was growing up. Times change, and thankfully, many teams understand this. Teams should wear one home uniform and one road uniform and that's it. Teams should NEVER, EVER wear monochrome. Grey facemasks are cool. Striped socks are "traditional" and always look good. Teams should have sleeves again, because all jerseys' need sleeves and sleeve stripes.

Old-school uniforms can look good. They can also look bad. Same with new designs. Some (like the Rams, Bucs, Falcons, Cardinals and Lions) get it right. Some (like the Bengals and Bills) get it all wrong.

Your thoughts about the new Jags uniforms are intriguing. My thoughts are, that they will be UNIQUE (which is good) with their own unique colors and design (which means some here will hate them), but aren't in the Bengals/Bills category of "over-the-top" garishness. They sound like they will be fairly clean, but not as clean as traditional uniforms.

Doesn't sound too bad to me.

how do u know about the jags unis? u seen them? can u describe them then

cant u just wait? whats it to u? do u kno wot i mean? question marks?

im using my phone to type so im just trying to get my questions in fast. not a big deal is it.this is a site about uniforms right?????? so if somebody wants to find out about uniforms that are coming out wouldnt this be a good place to get some info???? ? ? ?

how do u know about the jags unis? u seen them? can u describe them then

cant u just wait? whats it to u? do u kno wot i mean? question marks?

im using my phone to type so im just trying to get my questions in fast. not a big deal is it.this is a site about uniforms right?????? so if somebody wants to find out about uniforms that are coming out wouldnt this be a good place to get some info???? ? ? ?

Do you honestly not think that if someone had info that they were allowed to post, or if there was a leak that someone found, that it wouldn't be posted already?

Do you think that someone on this board is sitting at home looking at a NFL.com page that accidentally shows the new uniforms, and wouldn't even have thought to post them until they read your post and were like "post the leak? Why didn't I think of that?"

Chill out, sit back, have a drink. When public info is out there, it'll be on here.

i realize that people might get in trouble i just see people talking about they are unique they are not fancy this and that, i was just asking if someone has seen them can the describe them. they dont have to post anything that would get them in trouble

Some sports talk moron in Detroit is raving that the Lions new unis look like they belong in the CFL or Arena League. He obviously knows nothing about uniforms.

Or he's right. It could go either way.

Really? Where are the side panels, yokes and piping then?

Anyone who's seen the new CFL unis wouldn't say the Lions are like them.

i realize that people might get in trouble i just see people talking about they are unique they are not fancy this and that, i was just asking if someone has seen them can the describe them. they dont have to post anything that would get them in trouble

CW sees everything ahead of time but can't reveal anything or he loses the right to see more new stuff ahead of time. Got it? :D

CW, is it safe to assume that the Jags are getting teal pants finally? You can nod 'yes' to your computer screen... ^_^

CW sees everything ahead of time but can't reveal anything or he loses the right to see more new stuff ahead of time. Got it? :D

CW, is it safe to assume that the Jags are getting teal pants finally? You can nod 'yes' to your computer screen... ^_^

Here's all I will say:

The infamous Teal pants (the two iterations of which were never worn), are NOT in the new design.

Which means that they'll probably wear them.

^_^

One of the Jaguars primary colors (Teal, Black, Gold) is being relegated to only appearing in the logos and wordmarks. Not in the uniforms per se.

dennisbergan is a raving lunatic who struggles with constructing sentences, but he's right about those old Falcons jerseys. Man, were those dull. They're certainly allowed to try being modern.

For a raving lunatic (a label that I'm not going to dispute or endorse) I happen to agree with 90% of his opinions. Seems like people see the name and go on the attack without actually considering the point of the post.

And now I'm even more intrigued by these new unis. Hopefully we are not the Oregon Ducks of the NFL.

Here's all I will say:

The infamous Teal pants (the two iterations of which were never worn), are NOT in the new design.

Which means that they'll probably wear them.

^_^

One of the Jaguars primary colors (Teal, Black, Gold) is being relegated to only appearing in the logos and wordmarks. Not in the uniforms per se.

Well since we know that the helmets are black, and the home jerseys are teal, that only leaves gold as the odd-man out.

The "per se" part probably just means that since the logo is on the helmet, it will "technically" be part of the uniform, even though the logo is the only place where the gold will appear.

You're getting too transparent.

Some sports talk moron in Detroit is raving that the Lions new unis look like they belong in the CFL or Arena League. He obviously knows nothing about uniforms.

Maybe he was really saying that the Lions themselves belong in the CFL or Arena League. If that's what he said, then he obviously knows a lot about football.

Maybe he was really saying that the Lions themselves belong in the CFL or Arena League. If that's what he said, then he obviously knows a lot about football.

Nah. If that was the case, he'd have said that the Lions belong in NCAA Division 2.

Archived