Jaguars getting new uniforms

thewhodat

i realize that people might get in trouble i just see people talking about they are unique they are not fancy this and that, i was just asking if someone has seen them can the describe them. they dont have to post anything that would get them in trouble

CW sees everything ahead of time but can't reveal anything or he loses the right to see more new stuff ahead of time. Got it? :D

CW, is it safe to assume that the Jags are getting teal pants finally? You can nod 'yes' to your computer screen... ^_^

Here's all I will say:

The infamous Teal pants (the two iterations of which were never worn), are NOT in the new design.

Which means that they'll probably wear them.

^_^

One of the Jaguars primary colors (Teal, Black, Gold) is being relegated to only appearing in the logos and wordmarks. Not in the uniforms per se.

I love following the clues.

It's like "Monk"...

only... you know...

with sports logos and uniforms...

and not boring.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

• Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I wonder if they will still have the logos on the hip and leaping jag on the jersey sleeve.

BTW someone on the jags board says that the team has a tenative date for the release as Monday April 13th or the 20th.

4/20, What are they high?

I wonder if they will still have the logos on the hip and leaping jag on the jersey sleeve.

BTW someone on the jags board says that the team has a tenative date for the release as Monday April 13th or the 20th.

well maybe everyone there will be high so no matter how bad they look, no one will know the difference lol

Sounds to me that someone over there is making an educated guess based on the past, hoping to look good if it is right. Picking two days a week apart doesn't sound like a 'tentative date for release'.

It's where I sit.

One of the Jaguars primary colors (Teal, Black, Gold) is being relegated to only appearing in the logos and wordmarks. Not in the uniforms per se.

I'd be surprised if that relegated color isn't black.

The gold is gone.

*It could be either black or gold. I just wanted to be different.

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

White jerseys and black numbers is what I heard so yeah gold is obviously gone with Teal piping on the White jersey and Black piping on the Teal jersey. Black pants with the White jersey and White pants with the Teal jersey all on a Clemsonesque template.

"Clemsonesque"??

That has to be the most awkward adjective ever.

Well we already got the confirmation that they don't look like the Pats but the rumor making the rounds now from someone who says he has seen the uni's is Clemson like uni's for the Jags?????

Clemson's unis? They have one thin line, on the pants that connects to the uniform. That's it. Everything else on that uniform is pretty standard. Not much "wacky" there. Clemson's uniforms would be considered pretty "boring", if you ask most people.

Maybe that thin line, is gold (that will appear on both the white and black pants), that connects to both the teal and white jersey's. White numbers, trimmed in black on the teal jersey's. Teal numbers, trimmed in black on the white jerseys (and yes, I know the rumor is that the numbers will still be black).

My thought is, if Mr. Weaver was so adament about having "recognizable" uniforms, when why not go with teal pants? I don't see many other teams (in any level of football) wearing teal pants. Talk about carving out your own niche. If you turned on a game, and saw the Jags playing on the road, you'd know immediatetly who it was (if that's such a big deal).

I'd be surprised if that relegated color isn't black.

The gold will be relegated, most likely. Take a look at what CW said, through in some common sense, and you get relegated gold with teal and black being the two primary colours on the uniforms.

If they truly want to be recognized as the Jaguars at first glance, then they need to rollback the changes they've made in recent years.

But it doesn't sound like they are doing that if they maintain a black helmet-white jersey-black numbers-black pants combo. If they brought back teal numbers and/or the teal pants stripe on black pants it would go a long way to avoiding the identity problems they claim they want to fix.

The old unis that used more teal and less black were more quickly identified as the Jaguars. I'm curious to see what's coming but they might be full of it.

well maybe everyone there will be high so no matter how bad they look, no one will know the difference lol

I honestly kind of hope that's not why they're planning on unveiling them that day haha.

If they truly want to be recognized as the Jaguars at first glance, then they need to rollback the changes they've made in recent years.

Agreed. Adding the black pants with the white jerseys and changing the numbers from teal to black made them too indistinguishable from the Ravens, Falcons, Texans, and just about every other team that wears monochrome.

I have a feeling the gold will get ditched too, and black and teal will remain.

Honestly, I wish they'd just adopt the maroon-orange-silver colors of the USFL's Jacksonville Bulls.

NorthernColFightingWhites4.GIF

i got a bad feeling about these new unis. i hope im wrong though. for those that have seen them 1-10 what u give them?

That is completely irrelevant, since it is so subjective. Just look at the Lions thread - both CWx and ASM gave it high marks, but in several opinions (mine included) it really missed the mark. Your taste might be similar to theirs... or it might not.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

i got a bad feeling about these new unis. i hope im wrong though. for those that have seen them 1-10 what u give them?

I'm hopeful. CW said they were modern, and unlike anything else in the NFL, but that they weren't over designed. That sounds pretty promising to me.

Archived