Jaguars getting new uniforms

thewhodat

I'm holding out hope that black will be the relegated color, although that doesn't make sense if leopard spots will be a new wrinkle (unless they're teal and gold?). But how stupid would they be to go to just teal and black, and look so similar to their expansion mates, Carolina?

• Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Something I think a lot of us are looking over is that it's quite possible that Teal is this "relegated color". As it is it only appears on the helmet as the Jag's tongue. I know we are all hoping one of the jerseys is Teal, but has that been made definite yet? All I heard to be definite is same Black helmet, White road jerseys with Black numbers, and Black pants. It is more than possible that the jerseys are mostly Black and White with Gold trim while the Teal tongue is all that we see of the Teal. Think about their helmet, you barely notice the Teal. What sense would it make to have Gold very prominent on the helmet, then not appear in the uniform? My bet right now is that Teal has been relegated.

Something I think a lot of us are looking over is that it's quite possible that Teal is this "relegated color". As it is it only appears on the helmet as the Jag's tongue. I know we are all hoping one of the jerseys is Teal, but has that been made definite yet? All I heard to be definite is same Black helmet, White road jerseys with Black numbers, and Black pants. It is more than possible that the jerseys are mostly Black and White with Gold trim while the Teal tongue is all that we see of the Teal. Think about their helmet, you barely notice the Teal. What sense would it make to have Gold very prominent on the helmet, then not appear in the uniform? My bet right now is that Teal has been relegated.

If I recall correctly, a while ago, both CW and AsM stated that these "new" uniforms would emphasize teal much more.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

EDIT** I would actually say that the emphasis of teal remains about the same. I would like to hear colorwerx's opinion on this statement to verify that I'm not crazy though.

Unfortunately, I'm not that familiar with their previous uniforms. Did they wear teal jerseys? What about teal pants?

I'm holding out hope that black will be the relegated color, although that doesn't make sense if leopard spots will be a new wrinkle (unless they're teal and gold?). But how stupid would they be to go to just teal and black, and look so similar to their expansion mates, Carolina?

The Lions and Panthers look more alike than the Panthers blue and Jags teal. I'm OK with a switch to just teal and black even though I'd prefer they still include beyond the logo and wordmark.

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

If I recall correctly, a while ago, both CW and AsM stated that these "new" uniforms would emphasize teal much more.

I holding out hope that the road jerseys have teal numbers to emphasize the teal. They look too much like the Ravens right now.

plus u got to think about having to paint 73000 stadium seats if they got rid of teal. not going to happen

It could happen. They replaced all the seats in the Georgia Dome (from teal to black & red).

i hate to talk bad about my team but the only thing they would do to the seats is cover more of them up because attendance is not looking good. if its true about no gold on the jerseys that will suck. if i could only pick 2 of the 3 colors though i would have to go teal and black but we will see

Wonder if the new jerseys will have "Los Angeles" written under the collar?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

plus u got to think about having to paint 73000 stadium seats if they got rid of teal. not going to happen

It could happen. They replaced all the seats in the Georgia Dome (from teal to black & red).

That was part of a planned move by the city to appease the Falcons. Good thing, too. I hated the peach, blue, and teal decor of the place.

If the Jaguars base their design off some widespread, goofy-looking college template, I'll crap in Najeh Davenport's hamper.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

And I know well enough to trust you on such matters. Thus, my ridiculous proclamation.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Archived