Jaguars getting new uniforms

thewhodat

While j'villejags has done a nice job in rendering his concepts, I still maintain that such a move by the Jaguars would be a DOWNGRADE. The lack of Gold anywhere on the uniforms besides the helmets is a MAJOR mistake in my opinion. It leaves the uniforms far too bland.

It's too bad, as the original Jaguars uniforms were, to my mind, perfect.

• Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply
While j'villejags has done a nice job in rendering his concepts, I still maintain that such a move by the Jaguars would be a DOWNGRADE. The lack of Gold anywhere on the uniforms besides the helmets is a MAJOR mistake in my opinion. It leaves the uniforms far too bland.

I think they're de-emphasizing the wrong color...they should make teal and gold the main colors and have black for highlights. If this is Weaver's idea for making the team look more distinctive, he's wrong. If they at least added teal pants to the road uni it may have some merit.

NorthernColFightingWhites4.GIF

No disagreement there, but short of rolling back to that -- which they clearly aren't going to do with this redesign -- I don't think this is a bad way to go. The concept (and eventual unveiled look) may not be an upgrade from the originals, but it certainly is an upgrade to this in my mind (and the road uni with no teal that complemented it):

mauricejonesdrew.jpg

(Also, I agree that teal socks would be better.)

Looks like merchandise with the new wordmark is already available at the online shop.

http://jaguars.teamfanshop.com/NFL_Jackson...Jaguars_Jackets

Which one of those 40 different fonts do you think is the new wordmark? None of them match the truck, from what I see.

Indeed, most are either generic varsity block fonts, fonts used by Reebok across many teams and leagues, or the old wordmark. Admittedly, the font that was on the truck did look like one of those fonts Reebok uses for apparel in many different leagues, but it's not exactly the same.

If you remove those Bronco stripes, I think the j'villejags concepts are perfect.

And no, I don't care about the gold. I never cared for it to begin with, and wouldn't miss it if it were gone.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Personally I liked the Jag's font because it had evolved over the years and with the serifs it looked great the way it kinda' flowed into the serifed points. The font used in the concepts j'villejags reminds me too much of Atlanta and the Arizona which by themselves have a similar look. I don't see why eliminating gold as a thrid stripe in the numbers makes the concept any better. Too much black is what destroyed their look minus a few small changes that they could have made to the existing set...I don't see the need for a complete overhaul!

If the Jaguars owner really wants to make the Jags look more distinctive on the field, maybe he should consider changing the helmet from black to teal. Nobody wears a teal helmet, and I think the logo would stand out better on teal anyway. Here's a concept from MG Helmets:

jaguars-cpt.gif

NorthernColFightingWhites4.GIF

how about the sacramento surge

kerwinbell.jpg

Way to pick a graphic to back up your statement.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived