Redesigning the AHL

chickenfish13

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah, but there are certain franchises that shouldn't move and Rochester is one of them. I don't care who they are affiliated with, they need to stay and keep their name. So, I guess I oppose his taking and moving of Rochester.

Thank You, Oddball! And a little grandfatherly advice to you kiddies. Before you go hog wild with your Photo Shop and Illustrator talents consider these facts. Hershey and Rochester are the seventh- and eighth-oldest continually-operating professional hockey clubs in North America. Between them they have been in the A.H.L. a combined 125 years! For you Obama voters that's a full century-and-a-quarter of UNINTERRUPTED operating in the same city with the same nickname. You can total up all the total seasons, records and championships of all the rest of the current A.H.L. line-up and you STILL couldn't catch the Bears and the Amerks. As I said in another post on this thread I KNOW this is a "fun" project.

But as a lifelong A.H.L. fan (I'm in my 52nd season and have seen more A.H.L. games live than all you guys conbined) I'm not in favor of messing with these two truck-horses of the league in any way, shape or manner. If these two cities were to ever lose their teams you might as well kiss the rest of the league goodbye! I'll say no more on this subject! :mad:

Someone's grumpy. Must have missed the early bird special. To use a phrase that might not have made it to the retirement home circuit yet: chill out, bro. It's a concept.

Yeah, but there are certain franchises that shouldn't move and Rochester is one of them. I don't care who they are affiliated with, they need to stay and keep their name. So, I guess I oppose his taking and moving of Rochester.

Thank You, Oddball! And a little grandfatherly advice to you kiddies. Before you go hog wild with your Photo Shop and Illustrator talents consider these facts. Hershey and Rochester are the seventh- and eighth-oldest continually-operating professional hockey clubs in North America. Between them they have been in the A.H.L. a combined 125 years! For you Obama voters that's a full century-and-a-quarter of UNINTERRUPTED operating in the same city with the same nickname. You can total up all the total seasons, records and championships of all the rest of the current A.H.L. line-up and you STILL couldn't catch the Bears and the Amerks. As I said in another post on this thread I KNOW this is a "fun" project.

But as a lifelong A.H.L. fan (I'm in my 52nd season and have seen more A.H.L. games live than all you guys conbined) I'm not in favor of messing with these two truck-horses of the league in any way, shape or manner. If these two cities were to ever lose their teams you might as well kiss the rest of the league goodbye! I'll say no more on this subject! :mad:

Dude before you go and babble on and on about how they're the oldest teams and have all these records and are the oldest teams and have all these records, consider these facts: this is a sports logos message board where creavitivy is laudable and although it isn't required, in this project relocating and/or rebranding is encouraged. Contrary to popular belief-- everything you see on the Internet isn't reality, some of it's just people being creative and having fun with it

And what's with that unpreempted (sp?) shot at my hero and roll model who just happens to be your commander-in-cheif.

Oh, and any CnC on Brooklyn?

~?~

You have been warned before about your unnecessary political comments. Get over yourself. Go rain on someone else's parade.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

So as I said when I took my team, I am making a move that is being discussed. The Blue Jackets' affiliation with the Crunch expires at the end of the season, as does the Cincinnati Cyclones deal with Nashville and Montreal. I have a former co-worker who works with the Cyclones and he has told me that there is a possibility that the Clones will be moving up to the AHL to become the Jackets affiliate. I would love to see that happen and logistically it makes sense. So in my concept I have made this move happen. Even though the Cyclones have been around for a while I decided to change their identity with the move to the AHL. So I present the Cincinnati Crusaders.

CrusadersIdentity.png

CrusadersHomeUniform.png

CrusadersRoadUniform.png

roqymbou.pngfx32axau.png

Yeah, but there are certain franchises that shouldn\'t move and Rochester is one of them. I don\'t care who they are affiliated with, they need to stay and keep their name. So, I guess I oppose his taking and moving of Rochester.

Thank You, Oddball! And a little grandfatherly advice to you kiddies. Before you go hog wild with your Photo Shop and Illustrator talents consider these facts. Hershey and Rochester are the seventh- and eighth-oldest continually-operating professional hockey clubs in North America. Between them they have been in the A.H.L. a combined 125 years! For you Obama voters that\'s a full century-and-a-quarter of UNINTERRUPTED operating in the same city with the same nickname. You can total up all the total seasons, records and championships of all the rest of the current A.H.L. line-up and you STILL couldn\'t catch the Bears and the Amerks. As I said in another post on this thread I KNOW this is a \"fun\" project.

But as a lifelong A.H.L. fan (I\'m in my 52nd season and have seen more A.H.L. games live than all you guys conbined) I\'m not in favor of messing with these two truck-horses of the league in any way, shape or manner. If these two cities were to ever lose their teams you might as well kiss the rest of the league goodbye! I\'ll say no more on this subject! :mad:

You have been warned before about your unnecessary political comments. Get over yourself. Go rain on someone else\'s parade.

FYI- I removed my \"unnecessary political comment\" from the thread. Does that make you feel better?

Dude before you go and babble on and on about how they're the oldest teams and have all these records and are the oldest teams and have all these records, consider these facts: this is a sports logos message board where creavitivy is laudable and although it isn't required, in this project relocating and/or rebranding is encouraged. Contrary to popular belief-- everything you see on the Internet isn't reality, some of it's just people being creative and having fun with it

And what's with that unpreempted (sp?) shot at my hero and roll model who just happens to be your commander-in-cheif.

Oh, and any CnC on Brooklyn?

Lighten up. I said that I knew this project was in fun from the get-go, didn't I? And if something is not broken, why fix it? Would you relocate the Yankees or the Mets? You people are too sensitive. And I removed my remark about your President, OK? :cry:

I would like to present my concept for the relocation of Chicago's AHL affiliate. The Rockford IceHogs will now become the Sioux Falls Warriors.

I wanted to tie the parent club to the farm team in a better way than just using the same jersey, as Rockford does now. I chose Sioux Falls because of the rich native american heritage of the area (Sioux, aka Dakota indians), and because I thought that area of the US could use some pro hockey love, since college hockey is a big hit in that area.

I decided to keep the uniforms basically as is for the home and road, based off the Blackhawks current unis. I took the feather element from the indian head and developed an initial logo for Sioux Falls (SF). The home sweater uses a yellow script to counterbalance the red of the sweaters, while the road and alternate use a red script. The Blackhawks primary logo is used as a secondary logo (as most AHL clubs do), as well as attached to the wordmark.

The alternate is the biggest change. I wanted to add a yolk to the sweater, but adding it to the home and road started looking too much like New Jersey. So I decided to add a red yolk with white trim to the black alternate sweater. It's a modern, yet classic touch to honor Blackhawks unis of the 1940's which included a red yolk, and excessive striping (which I chose to exclude).

Hope you like it! C&C as always.

Sioux-Falls-Warriors.png

good stuff DP, the only thing that's bothering me is the "holes" in letters like the 'U' and the 'R' in the wordmark, maybe its just me but...

and heres the Emperors, I added the alt and tweaked the wordmark from the post at the top of the page:

LOGOS

emperorslogos.png

UNIFORMS

emperorsuiforms.png

CnC please

~?~

The only thing I would change is the two different dark blues - they are too close and it's hard to see the primary logo details. The head blends in too much with the background.

You should also add sleeve numbers and shoulder logos wouldnt hurt (unless you don't want them of course)

Lebanon Warrior Football

LebanonWarriors3.jpg

This sounds interesting. What is the timeframe for submissions? I could take the Rochester Americans if I have a fair amount of time.

You can take the Americans, just don't relocate them, it will make a certain somebody mad ( I'm just kidding :P). There is no timeframe, so take as long as you want.

good stuff DP, the only thing that's bothering me is the "holes" in letters like the 'U' and the 'R' in the wordmark, maybe its just me but...

and heres the Emperors, I added the alt and tweaked the wordmark from the post at the top of the page:

UNIFORMS

emperorsuiforms.png

CnC please

Normally I'm against using the NHL All Star template in any way, shape or form, but this....I like!

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Throwback: Not a bad start but needs some work. The two tone blue doesn't work. I like the colors other than that but add some visibility to the logo, it's really hard to see. Don't use two different color backgrounds on the logos on home and away. And I think you can do better template-wise than the all star template.

D_Penalty: Overall solid, the primary logo is pretty cool. Not sold on the striping because it is really close to the parent club but I guess you were going for that.

CF: Why would you call it the final logo? It still needs some work. Listen to what I said because it is still really blocky, especially in the face, and the helmet is still awkward. I know this isn't the best you can do. Jerseys...Why don't the hem and arm stripe match?

Archived