Redesigning the AHL

chickenfish13

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Houston Aeros are now the Winnipeg Aeros.

After the 2008-09 season, the AHL's Houston Aeros announced they were relocating to Winnipeg and keeping the Aeros' nickname. The move was part of an experiment by the NHL to see if Winnipeg could once again support an NHL team.

Logo:

AEROSLOGO.png

Home Uniform:

WinnipegAerosHome.png

Road Uniform:

WinnipegAerosRoad.png

Alternate Uniform:

WinnipegAerosAlternate.png

The colours are Wild's red and a darkened Winnipeg Jets blue. C&C please. :D

g4104.png

My only problem with this is there is already a team in Winnipeg, so I don't understand that. But other than that, I think it's decent - not a lot of changes to the houston logo, not very original jersey design, but I think it looks good - solid concept (other than location)

Lebanon Warrior Football

LebanonWarriors3.jpg

SacRush.gif

I hope you don't mind, I took a shot at this, I'm just trying to help you out because the original had a lot of potential.

I dont mind, thats much better than mine. I dont really think the light looks like light though, it kinda looks like a horn or something. I wanted the features to be blocky, cause it made me think more of a miner, you know, like rocks are blocky, not curved and smooth. But you did a very nice job.

I present the Abbotsford Flames, I tried working with a A and F combined but nothing I drew looked good enough so I used the most likely logo the old Atlanta Flames logo.

Home

abbottsford-1.png

Away

abbotsfordaway-1.png

Alternate

abbotsfordalt.png

Yes they are the McDonalds of the AHL haha C&C please.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

I bring you the Manitoba Moose

moose1.png

The home jerseys look so bad ass! Great job on them. The away jersey is good as well but way to much black in it, don't use as much and you got a winner.

As for the alternate I think you should keep the same design just make it black, but what you did was fine.

BannerSigDallas.png

sig-5.png

My only problem with this is there is already a team in Winnipeg, so I don't understand that. But other than that, I think it's decent - not a lot of changes to the houston logo, not very original jersey design, but I think it looks good - solid concept (other than location)

If Winnipeg can support two teams then they will be able to have a NHL team for sure!

;)

BannerSigDallas.png

sig-5.png

If Winnipeg can support two teams then they will be able to have a NHL team for sure!

;)

Dang! I completely forgot about Manitoba. Aeros will be relocated......... again. :P

g4104.png

I was a bigger fan of the blocky. It needed work, yes, but it was much better than this IMHO.

I agree, the blocky look was more fitting for a logo of a miner. Chickenfish's hard hat needs some work but his light looks better than Elliott's. Elliott's looks like a mushroom stem.

bobschultz6

' class="bbc_url">@

bobschultz6

I can't say that I did a good job on the logo and/or jerseys. But here they are.

I had the idea for this concept for a while and wanted to do something with it on Adobe Illustrator once I got it. I did the logo on AI. But the unis are from Paint.

IndLogo.png

IndUni.png

The Houston Aeros have officially announced that they're calling off the move to Winnipeg and instead moving to Moose Jaw and becoming the Snowbirds.

Primary:

Snowbirdslogo.png

Secondary:

SnowbirdsSecondaryLogo.png

Home:

MooseJawSnowbirdsHome.png

Road:

MooseJawSnowbirdsRoad.png

Alternate:

MooseJawSnowbirdsAlternate.png

C&C please. I also want to add that this is my first ever attempt at a logo. I know it's not completely original because it is just the Aeros logo changed, but I'm proud of it. :D

g4104.png

The Houston Aeros have officially announced that they're calling off the move to Winnipeg and instead moving to Moose Jaw and becoming the Snowbirds.

Primary:

Snowbirdslogo.png

Nice! I did the same thing with my team.

Great choice of colors and patterns for the logo. It came out really well. I'd like to see you add something of your own input to the jerseys.

I'm working on the Rochester Americans, but they will still be the Rochester Americans. I would have liked to change the name, but I don't think that would work.

Just in case you need that for the first page, chickenfish.

Presenting the primary and secondary logo for the Milwaukee Muskies. The colors are adopted from parent team Nashville. Hopefully an even trade will be made soon and Milwaukee will become NHL leaving Nashville to the AHL.

Uniforms are in progress. Any C&C on these is very welcome.

MilwaukeeMuskiesM-1.png

milwaukeemuskies-1.png

These are wonderful! The only problem I have is that the yellow trim on the "M-Fish tail" logo is thicker than on the primary. Other than that its solid.

Archived