Missouri Gold Uniforms

TrueYankee26

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't know what qualifies a team for getting SoD uni's, but Mizzou should definitely get on the SoD train after this season. I know you don't have to be a prestigious school to get them, so I'm guessing it's all on the coach/A.D., but regardless, they need them.

Looks like the true form of Old Gold. I think it's a cool color that is rarely used anymore.

Before anyone will say it I will walk right into it....It's rarely used because it's UGLY!!!!!!!!!!

Okay I can regroup.

PersonDivided-2-1.png

I don't know what qualifies a team for getting SoD uni's, but Mizzou should definitely get on the SoD train after this season. I know you don't have to be a prestigious school to get them, so I'm guessing it's all on the coach/A.D., but regardless, they need them.

I thought the majority of people didn't like the new SoD uniforms? I know I don't like them, mostly because of the tight shirts. The shorts don't bother me that much. It just looks goofy to me to go skin tight on the top and baggy on the bottom.

For the record, I kinda dig those gold jerseys.

When those gold's first came out, I got a pair of the shorts. At that time the side panel was white. The piping around the side panel was still black.

I would like to see Mizzou standardize the gold throughout all sports. I kinda liked this gold at first, because it wasn't vegas or athletic gold, but kind of an in between. I think now, I'd like to see them go athletic gold, like the football team.

And yeah, I wouldn't mind seeing them in SOD, or at least something new. I loved this style for a long time. They were the only ones using it, and even now, the new Pacers uniforms seem to be modeled after these. But they could use an update now.

I thought the majority of people didn't like the new SoD uniforms? I know I don't like them, mostly because of the tight shirts. The shorts don't bother me that much. It just looks goofy to me to go skin tight on the top and baggy on the bottom.

For the record, I kinda dig those gold jerseys.

Oh, I love SoD uni's. The majority of them are clean and simple, and don't over-do it. There are a few sets that I really don't care for, but for the most part they're great.

sportscarfskczps1d52136.png

Well our basketball gold is better than our football gold. But as you guys said, Nike is really the problem, they can't match their own products.

I personally disagree.

I think Mizzou would be better served to stick with a yellower shade of gold.

That's what they were for much of their history, and that's the shade most of their fans own in the crowd.

Well our basketball gold is better than our football gold. But as you guys said, Nike is really the problem, they can't match their own products.

I personally disagree.

I think Mizzou would be better served to stick with a yellower shade of gold.

That's what they were for much of their history, and that's the shade most of their fans own in the crowd.

You definately see more yellow than the gold being worn by Mizzou fans. I definately prefer my athletic gold tees to the shade of gold of my replica basketball shorts.

I'm a Mizzou J-School alum, so I might be biased. But I liked the uniforms. "Old gold" is the official color, even if you do see more yellow than gold.

It's a different color that you don't see on every other team. The wordmark was bright and crisp.

If you want to see the true old gold, or the proper use of it, check Mizzou's football helmet. If they do se SoD's next year, I'm hoping that they use the traditional stripes instead of the ones from the back. For the SoD shorts, could they be shortend a tad. The shorts and jersey don't seem to go together stylewise.

I'm a Mizzou J-School alum, so I might be biased. But I liked the uniforms. "Old gold" is the official color, even if you do see more yellow than gold.

It's a different color that you don't see on every other team. The wordmark was bright and crisp.

What year?

Anyhoo, the wordmark might have been bright and crisp, but it was still MIZZOU. Ugh.

That's why I like the black set the most.

Missouri_Texas_Basket_Hodd_t_w300_h600.jpg

What year?

Anyhoo, the wordmark might have been bright and crisp, but it was still MIZZOU. Ugh.

I agree here... I despise it when teams put unofficial nicknames on the jerseys. Gonzaga has a set that says "ZAGS", and Missouri has this one. The wordmark should've said MISSOURI.

Another thing, the white paneling should've been carried down to the shorts, but that's already been said.

Finally, my ignorance... what does SoD mean??

GoldenPanthers.png
RiverHawks.png

What year?

I agree here... I despise it when teams put unofficial nicknames on the jerseys. Gonzaga has a set that says "ZAGS", and Missouri has this one. The wordmark should've said MISSOURI.

Another thing, the white paneling should've been carried down to the shorts, but that's already been said.

Finally, my ignorance... what does SoD mean??

System of Dress. The ultra-tight jerseys with extremely baggy pants and usually minimal striping.

Designed by Nike, of course.

1892050513_7549ea7017_o.jpg

I know System of Dress is the vogue uniform set, but their is another one that seems to look much better. What does Oklahoma wear? Their shorts are not as long and baggy, and their jerseys seem to be a bit more relaxed. SoD seems to take both ends to the extreme, but whatever OU has looks better proportionally.

I know System of Dress is the vogue uniform set, but their is another one that seems to look much better. What does Oklahoma wear? Their shorts are not as long and baggy, and their jerseys seem to be a bit more relaxed. SoD seems to take both ends to the extreme, but whatever OU has looks better proportionally.

Oklahoma is SoD. There is another style out there, though, cuz it doesn't appear that Villanova, Washington or Florida State are SoD's. There looser jerseys, and there is no collar, if you look. I would actually prefer that over the SoD.

I for one like seeing Mizzou on the jerseys, though I do like that Missouri is on one, too. Leave Mizzou on the home whites, where everybody refers to them as Mizzou, and Missouri on the road blacks. Gold could have either one. But if they were to go to SoD, I wouldn't mind seeing them switch to the font used with the logos and the football team:

Mizzou:

b2fsafktm2lh7a9tpphnenlzf.gif

Missouri:

2544.gif

And go to the slightly thinner, more veritcal block numbers used by the football team. I did a concept like this, seen here.

Archived