Miami Marlins Rebrand

elliott

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
very impressed. You stuck to your rebrand approach. The Logo, Wordmark and Uni's all have a sense of unity that is often lost on this forum. Very professional and feasible. Great, great job Elliot.

I have to disagree, since there's no orange in the wordmark on the logo. In fact, the tealish wordmark looks kind of drab against the black.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I like the new blue. It looks rather similar to the Hornets' Creole Blue. I have two nitpicks though:

1) I think the road cap should have an orange M, the white M doesn't match the roads because there isn't any white on the rest of the uniform aside from the sleeve patch, which isn't enough IMO to justify a white M on the road cap.

2) I think the sleeve piping on the alt. should also be orange. The white piping matches the home uniform alright, but I feel it would have the same issues as the white M on the road cap when paired with grey pants.

That's my two cents.

Beautiful update.

The first couple were just OK for me, but the update is just great.

At first I thought the orange brim would look weird, but I think it looks really nice.

I especially like the road set.

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

very impressed. You stuck to your rebrand approach. The Logo, Wordmark and Uni's all have a sense of unity that is often lost on this forum. Very professional and feasible. Great, great job Elliot.

I have to disagree, since there's no orange in the wordmark on the logo. In fact, the tealish wordmark looks kind of drab against the black.

Someday, BBTV, I will impress you. Someday. :)

To be honest, I didn't much like the concept in its first stages.

Fast forward to now - I love it. Fantastic job elliot, one of your best concepts.

Thanks, I appreciate that, especially when coming from an excellent designer like yourself.

I'm going to be honest with you here; this is PERFECT, exectly what they should wear when they move into that new stadium. I think numbers on the front might look better, and I also agree with an orange M on the caps. I also wonder if an orange wordmark would possibly look better on the alt. But again, excellent work.

ph_407812.jpgNickAdenhart.pngph_458675.jpg

Just offering my suggestions for improvement. There is room for improvement in every design, even "professional" designs. If I offer 20 suggestions, at least I'm giving you something to think about, which I think is far more useful than when people come on here and post things like "awesome!!! this rulez!!! I want to blow you!!!!" Flattery doesn't make anyone a better designer.

We're here to be critical - that doesn't necessarily mean that a concept isn't good, or even "impressive."

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Really nice update. The new color scheme is much improved, and I like the balance of colors. I really like how this has progressed. However, there are a couple of new suggestions...

I'm not a fan of the orange brim. The road cap is beautiful, and I think if you stuck that on the home one it would improve the look a lot. I like how, right now, orange has a fairly small role but still adds a lot. The brim feels like overkill.

Also, I liked the old number font better. It matched the basic feel of the jerseys better, and looked more...well, I guess, Miami-ish.

Excellent work, though. Are you going to continue the BP redesign?

scotland_fifasig.png

Just offering my suggestions for improvement. There is room for improvement in every design, even "professional" designs. If I offer 20 suggestions, at least I'm giving you something to think about, which I think is far more useful than when people come on here and post things like "awesome!!! this rulez!!! I want to blow you!!!!" Flattery doesn't make anyone a better designer.

We're here to be critical - that doesn't necessarily mean that a concept isn't good, or even "impressive."

I know, I'm just messin'. I respect people that give honest c+c, like you, much more than someone who says everything is "kewl". But someday I hope to have a concept where you have nothing to suggest, because it's just that awesome. :D

Really nice update. The new color scheme is much improved, and I like the balance of colors. I really like how this has progressed. However, there are a couple of new suggestions...

I'm not a fan of the orange brim. The road cap is beautiful, and I think if you stuck that on the home one it would improve the look a lot. I like how, right now, orange has a fairly small role but still adds a lot. The brim feels like overkill.

Also, I liked the old number font better. It matched the basic feel of the jerseys better, and looked more...well, I guess, Miami-ish.

Excellent work, though. Are you going to continue the BP redesign?

Eventually, I got a little bored of it, but I will be picking it back up in the coming weeks.

Wow. I just laughed so hard I cried. Thank you sir, I needed that.

I know, I'm just messin'. I respect people that give honest c+c, like you, much more than someone who says everything is "kewl". But someday I hope to have a concept where you have nothing to suggest, because it's just that awesome. :D

Also keep in mind that I don't waste time giving CC for >90% of the concepts here. That should tell you something.

This concept went from pretty good to freaking amazing. The teal works wonders I think for the Marlins, and mixed with a little bit more orange than they currently use looks perfect. The only thing I would like to see differently is a marlin on the hat, but it might clutter the hat too much.

Twins.pngGoldenGophers.png

even better! good job.

How did Elliott go from "worst concept ever" to "good job" with simple changes like these?

its called sarcasm 4 the "worst concept ever"

You sir are a champion. I feel honored to share the internet with you.

Eagles/Heels/Dawgs/Falcons/Hawks

The only comment I would make is that with the color scheme on the most recent update being so similar to the Dolphins color scheme, the cap could be confused with a Dolphins cap, with the M on it. I guess that might seem as a nit pick, but given that the two teams are in the same market, the Marlins would want a seperate identity. From that point of view retaining more of a powder blue, less of a teal might be better?

Other than that its a great concept mind.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

• 9 months later...

Archived