Miami Marlins

irishted122

I recreated the "M" from the old Miami Marlins and used the marlin that is featured on the club's current BP cap (which has a different "M"). I used these colors because the team has been using a lot of orange recently and it is similar to the old Miami Marlins theme. I just darkened the blue so they didn't look like the Mets. I also made one using the teams current colors which I'll post later.

FYI: I know I need to clean it up a little bit. This was done in MS Paint. Other comments and criticism welcome.

CapInsigniaDraft1.png

I recreated the "M" from the old Miami Marlins and used the marlin that is featured on the club's current BP cap (which has a different "M"). I used these colors because the team has been using a lot of orange recently and it is similar to the old Miami Marlins theme. I just darkened the blue so they didn't look like the Mets. I also made one using the teams current colors which I'll post later.

FYI: I know I need to clean it up a little bit. This was done in MS Paint. Other comments and criticism welcome.

CapInsigniaDraft1.png

I really like your logo and especially like the colors. If you want to see a color photo of the old International League Miami Marlins from 1958 go to www.frontiernet.net''rochballparks/index.html and click on the "Silver Stadium 1929-96" link and you'll find the photos of the Miami Marlins at Rochester from August 3, 1958.

I saw the REAL Marlins play in Rochester. Their uniforms had a Royal cap with an Orange button and an Orange full-block "M" in the old Milwaukee Braves style. The uniforms were Grey with Royal Tigers-style soutache trim on the placket, sleeve ends and pants. They were lettered with 3" regular-arched Royal on Orange full-block "MIAMI" on front, 8" Royal on Orange full-block numbers on back, the Marlins embroidered patch on the left sleeve and Royal stirrup socks (remember stirrup socks?). The uniforms were one of my favorites but that's partly because Orange & Royal Blue are my high school's colors.

You know if the Marlins go to Orange & Blue I might actually root for them. All of the Teal, Black and Silver of the past are soooooo uglee!

I just can't see them using a regular blue with orange in their division. It'd be too Met-like.

The concept looks good, though, for sure- nice work!

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

The M is too generic. And the way the fish is placed on the M makes it look dead. It looks as if the fish was already killed and just placed upon the M motionless. Also the color choices wouldn't work IMO, especially in the NL East. They would look too much like the mets.

jNTsTyQ.png

I really think the Marlins are due for a color change, but blue and orange are the Mets colors, no use copying your division rivals scheme.

Personally, something along the lines of the Rays old green and blue scheme would work.

I really like the change in colors. It's much more Florida-ish.

And I don't see this being too Mets-ish. The Mets have royal blue as opposed to this navy blue, and the Mets have black while this doesn't except for the lines on the fish.

This would be better suited for a Florida team.

Archived