Bmac25's NHL 3rd Jerseys

Bmac

This is my first major concept here, so it is not all that great. It is a NHL 3rd jersey project. I started by giving teams without a 3rd jersey a concept. Then I moved on to 3rd jerseys that I thought should be replaced. Everything is done in MS Paint. Again, this is my first major concept, so it will probaly need a lot of work C+C please.

Note: At this point, I do not use shoulder patches or player names.

First up:

New York Rangers

I used the Lady Liberty logo on a navy version of the home jersey

nyr.png

Why not use shoulder patches or names? The mismatching reds on the NYR needs to be fixed. Also, I would recommend getting Gimp, as it is free and helps in editing more so than just paint.

I just noticed the reds. Nice catch. I will fix that. As for patches or names, I have not perfected putting them on. Finally, why would Gimp help? What does it provide? I will look into it, but I would like to know what it is for.

Anyway, if things go well, I will post some more concepts. C+C please!

Why not use shoulder patches or names? The mismatching reds on the NYR needs to be fixed. Also, I would recommend getting Gimp, as it is free and helps in editing more so than just paint.

I just noticed the reds. Nice catch. I will fix that. As for patches or names, I have not perfected putting them on. Finally, why would Gimp help? What does it provide? I will look into it, but I would like to know what it is for.

Anyway, if things go well, I will post some more concepts. C+C please!

Gimp gives you interpolated (that's right, right?) resizing, antialiasing, layers and paths (not to mention hundreds of rendering scripts). It's ten times better then paint and it's what I use.

~?~

Not meaning to bash this or anything because it is your first major concept series, but so far all of them have just been recolorings. I also noticed the Penguins' number is off centered on the back of the jersey. These actually aren't bad ideas overall, but you just need to perfect your work a little more. These concepts are pretty clean for the most part. You are well on your way though, keep it up!

Twins.pngGoldenGophers.png

Rangers: Nice. Just add a silver lining at the hem above the first white stripe so it can match the arms.

Predators: Mustard and silver clash horribly together. One of those colors should be used only for the piping. It's up to you.

Penguins: Expect alot of complaints about the triangle not being gold. Otherwise great jersey.

Names and sleeve numbers are also recommended for all of your jerseys.

Thank you all for the C+C so far. I have already made some of the suggested changes. For now, I am going to post a few more concepts and see how they look. If they look good for starters, I will make any suggested changes.

First change, adding names to the jerseys. I started with the Pens. Added the "name", centered the number. Here it is:

pitv1withname.png

BTW- Does anybody have a good way to get names on the jerseys?

Hem stripes on the Rangers need some silver.

And I hate recolors. I know these are your first concepts but it gives you no excuse to not be creative. I hope you do not recolor 30 team's home and roads template b/c it makes for a very boring series.

BTW- Does anybody have a good way to get names on the jerseys?

Its just cut and paste, nothing groundbreaking

Where do you get your letters from?

Usually they come on the same page you got your numbers from.

Ya I've been using them from the resources here. But they haven't been turning out so well so I'm not sure what is wrong.

No offence to you but these need some major work. First off, the logos are extremely sloppy and just look slapped on and second, on the Pittsburgh jersey, you can still see some blue on the collar and at the bottom of the jersey and the RBK logo on the back is navy blue with a white centre which makes no sense according to the colour scheme that you're using. There are also some of the same mistakes on the Preds jersey. Take your time with the concepts and don't post them until you feel that they are as good as you can possibly make them.

g4104.png

Alright, here is a new concept. I took a lot more time on it than the others, so I hope it looks good. It is for the Minnesota Wild. I had/have many different options here. First, I chose green over wheat/tan for color. Then I went with a new design, I think it looks more classic. I have other ideas that I might use instead, but for now here it is. C+C please!

Minnesota Wild

minv2winameandnumbers.png

Here is an Anaheim Ducks concept I put together. It is classic looking, with a new logo I created a while back. Right now it is just a rough draft. I would like to know your thoughts on the basic ideas of the design first before I add more details (names, numbers, etc.). C+C please!

Anaheim Ducks *Rough Draft*

anaclassic1.png

minv2winameandnumbers.png

Download Photofilter. It's just like paint, nothing complicated, it's just that when you resize logos, they remain quite clean. Paint makes everything blurry, if you download it, you will be glad you did.

anaclassic1.png

It looks familiar. ^_^ I'm glad to see that one of my own concepts may have been an inspiration to you, if it's not a coincidence.

Archived