2010 World Cup Qualifying

TFoA

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How does soccer not have Instant Replay? What a joke what a friggen joke.

Because the pace of soccer is lightyears ahead of almost every other sport out there.

Baseball only had reply instituted this season, yet the umpires were able to blow calls in the world series almost every game. :censored: happens.

1zqy8ok.gif

Because the pace of soccer is lightyears ahead of almost every other sport out there.

Baseball only had reply instituted this season, yet the umpires were able to blow calls in the world series almost every game. :censored: happens.

Don't forget in the League Championship Series and Divisional Series too!

Well...that's because the only things they can review are home run calls.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Constant replay works in football because the game is divided into easily-reviewed plays. In hockey, they only review goals. In basketball, they review baskets. The flow of those games would be ridiculous if you were review everything. For example, you're basically asking to review a hooking call in hockey; the goal wasn't scored directly from the hand.

I would like to see replay for goal line calls in soccer, mind you. Forget all this in-the-ball technology and all that. Simply position a camera down the end line that lines up with the posts. I've see such a camera angle on broadcasts, though very rarely. As for when to review without a full disruption of the game, that I'm not as sure about.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

I think the issue isn't so much the handball, because it was obvious with all the cameras around, but where the all refs were positioned at the time. It might have been possible that with where Henry was, how many players were around and where he handed the ball, that the refs views were obstructed and therefore didn't quite see the handball.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Deox_McHrg

I dunno, I think the far side linesman at least should have seen the handball reasonably clearly. To be honest I think the ref should have had a decent sense of what happened as well. My feeling is that they just bottled it in the end, and decided not to make the difficult call in a big match. Refs chicken out like that all the time.

I do think the far side linesman had the better angle considering the direction Henry was facing, but I still think some of the players in the box, in particular the French player who scored the goal, were in the way such that the handball wasn't clearly obvious to the linesman.

I saw, I came, I left.

I think the issue isn't so much the handball, because it was obvious with all the cameras around, but where the all refs were positioned at the time. It might have been possible that with where Henry was, how many players were around and where he handed the ball, that the refs views were obstructed and therefore didn't quite see the handball.

I dunno, I think the far side linesman at least should have seen the handball reasonably clearly. To be honest I think the ref should have had a decent sense of what happened as well. My feeling is that they just bottled it in the end, and decided not to make the difficult call in a big match. Refs chicken out like that all the time.

On Chestnutz point, I am not sure the French teamis necesarily that much more talented than the Irish. I think they have Henry, who is still as talented a player playing in that game, but I am not sure who else they have really?? Its a long time since the days of Zidane, Deschamps, Desailly etc. (Though its probably fair to say that France are still a bit more talented than the Irish).

I'd agree that Ireland didn't play to the whistle on the goal, but when they have all seen such a blatant handball that is forgiveable.

France has a wealth of talent, though they're not a particularly good TEAM. They've got Trezeguet, Anelka, Benzema as well as Henry up top. How's that for a frontline? Malouda, Gourcoff, Nasri, Ribery in the midfield. Evra, Gallas, Sagna, Clichy in the back. That's one hell of a talented team. I'm just saying I'd rather watch a match with that team lining up than an Irish squad with only a few big-name players.

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

The reason that FIFA give is what some call the 'Hackney Marshes Principle'. Basically the game that amateurs play socially, for instance of hackney marshes on a Sunday morning

hackney-marshes-415x539.jpg

should be the same that the pros play.

My own personal view is that FIFA should allow organisers of any tournament to have video evidence used as they see fit. Personally I think that using evidence for goal area incidents would be fine.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

On Chestnutz point, I am not sure the French teamis necesarily that much more talented than the Irish. I think they have Henry, who is still as talented a player playing in that game, but I am not sure who else they have really?? Its a long time since the days of Zidane, Deschamps, Desailly etc. (Though its probably fair to say that France are still a bit more talented than the Irish).

I'd agree that Ireland didn't play to the whistle on the goal, but when they have all seen such a blatant handball that is forgiveable.

France has a wealth of talent, though they're not a particularly good TEAM. They've got Trezeguet, Anelka, Benzema as well as Henry up top. How's that for a frontline? Malouda, Gourcoff, Nasri, Ribery in the midfield. Evra, Gallas, Sagna, Clichy in the back. That's one hell of a talented team. I'm just saying I'd rather watch a match with that team lining up than an Irish squad with only a few big-name players.

I would suggest that of the names you've suggested, very very few would get near the 1998 World Cup team. Benzema maybe, but they aren't the world power they once were.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

I would suggest that of the names you've suggested, very very few would get near the 1998 World Cup team. Benzema maybe, but they aren't the world power they once were.

Benzema, Malouda and Ribery would make any other national team in the world in my opinion. In 2 years you could add Nasri and Gourcoff to that list.

The real problem with France, is Domenech. The man can't man-manage to save his life!

1zqy8ok.gif

Archived