Brewers Barrel Man History

fitz

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wonder how many "pitchers" it would take to get that through the editors office today. That's a great cartoon

Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% about how you react to it.
App State Mountaineers / Alabama Crimson Tide / Atlanta Braves / New York Jets / Atlanta Hawks
"If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high but so are the rewards." [Bear Bryant]
Redmond Rampage

Outstanding. Glad to see that somebody else's taking an interest in Owgust - I called for the Brewers to add him to their sleeves on my very first Web site, nearly a decade ago.

So glad to hear that they're finally making BBM merchandise. Might have to find a way to get to Miller Park!

Outstanding. Glad to see that somebody else's taking an interest in Owgust - I called for the Brewers to add him to their sleeves on my very first Web site, nearly a decade ago.

So glad to hear that they're finally making BBM merchandise. Might have to find a way to get to Miller Park!

Good news indeed. I love the Brewers uniforms, but I'd love them more if they had the Beer Barrel Man on the sleeve.

I appreciated the mention of the TATC jersey, but the article overlooked the fact that BBM also appeared on the TATC caps:

graphic removed because non-hotlinked versions were added to the thread by people who aren't complete vandals and therefore show a little common internet courtesy and host their own darn graphics instead of hotlinking like a cheap pirate.

I've been jonesing for that cap for a decade. If the Brewers ever did adopt BBM as a front-and-center identity element, then something like this would make an excellent alternative to the M cap for BP or alt use.

20082614447.png

Good news indeed. I love the Brewers uniforms, but I'd love them more if they had the Beer Barrel Man on the sleeve.

I appreciated the mention of the TATC jersey, but the article overlooked the fact that BBM also appeared on the TATC caps:

TATC_cap.jpg

I've been jonesing for that cap for a decade. If the Brewers ever did adopt BBM as a front-and-center identity element, then something like this would make an excellent alternative to the M cap for BP or alt use.

Don't steal my graphics.... :P

It is a great cap. I bought mine at County Stadium that year.

I emailed the writer of that article, to tell him my own personal Beer Barrel Man story. He's going to forward my e-dress on to the guy who writes the American Association Brewers articles for Mears, see if we can't get something started.

Anybody else interested in bugging the Brewers to add the BBM as a sleeve patch on the jerseys?

bbm_sleevepatch.png

Yay! Thanks, Donovan!

Just out of interest, what's with the placement of the navy boxes? They seem unusual.

Artistic license, I think. Most of the TATC graphics I have do this.

I'm working on posting the full uniform...

TATC_cap.jpg

Don't steal my graphics.... :P

It is a great cap. I bought mine at County Stadium that year.

I emailed the writer of that article, to tell him my own personal Beer Barrel Man story. He's going to forward my e-dress on to the guy who writes the American Association Brewers articles for Mears, see if we can't get something started.

Anybody else interested in bugging the Brewers to add the BBM as a sleeve patch on the jerseys?

Your graphics or your bandwidth? Though I don't know what graphic he was trying to link to, I'm assuming it was a logo, and in that case, is it really yours?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

My graphics and my bandwidth.

Well, not my bandwidth - it was a cheapo free account as I took my first tentative InterWebs step. But yes, I took the photo to which he was hotlinking.

But I wasn't really serious - hence the " :P " - I could care less, but Angelfire apparently does.

EDIT: I just took another look at the site, and he hotlinked to a different photo than I thought. Not one I took, one I stole. :P

My graphics and my bandwidth.

Well, not my bandwidth - it was a cheapo free account as I took my first tentative InterWebs step. But yes, I took the photo to which he was hotlinking.

But I wasn't really serious - hence the " :P " - I could care less, but Angelfire apparently does.

EDIT: I just took another look at the site, and he hotlinked to a different photo than I thought. Not one I took, one I stole. :P

LOL... just keeping you honest!

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Basically, lousy Illustrator work. Copying and pasting colors willy-nilly. But wait - that graphic doesn't match the actual caps - the BBM's face wasn't in shadow.

Here's the cap:

3398973219_41da024d4d_o.jpg

Not even close - the top stave isn't black either. I know that the official files aren't always the most accurate, but this looks like they just grabbed a draft instead of the finished product.

I've only ever seen one photo of the uniforms in action, but the pants sure didn't look silver to me - looked like standard road grays.

Comparing the graphic to the procuction version:

MilwaukeeBrewersTATC_RUN_1999.png3399790950_d307d1851c_o.jpg

Looks pretty good.

That other full-body logo, though, looks like a draft for the graphic they would use on a stadium giveaway cap later that year:

3399796192_02d5eaa514_o.gif

Note the sleeve colors. But they fixed the sock problem by the time the cap was made, leading me to believe once again that it was a draft.

Still is. :D

I made some corrections:

MilwaukeeBrewers_TATC_SE2_1999.png

How close is this one?

That's much better, but without consulting my cap I can tell you that the gold "box" should be even all the way around (the BBM shouldn't blend into it on the left side), and there should be a thin blue border between the gold and green. You can just kinda make it out on my admittedly tiny photo.

Archived