Where can I get a GOOD replica?

andysoccer12

Hey,

Well Im in the market for a Flyers white premier jersey with Giroux on it. NHL.com is legit, but pretty pricey. Are there any sites around that make really nice replica jerseys for a good price or am I just better off buying it from NHL.com?

-Andrew

EDIT: While Im asking these questions, I might as well ask another. If anyone has been to the NHL Store in NYC, there is a T-Shirt in one of the middle displays that says "Is This The Year?" and then has the Flyers logo on it. I cannot find it online, but if anyone has seen it, could you please post the link? Thanks

andysoccer12a.png

In all honesty, I would stay with NHL.com. When looking for quality, they're the top. I have a customized replica Detroit Redwings jersey that I've had for about three years and wear it atleast twice a week. The jersey stands up to wear and is just a nice quality sweater.

Hey,

Well Im in the market for a Flyers white premier jersey with Giroux on it. NHL.com is legit, but pretty pricey. Are there any sites around that make really nice replica jerseys for a good price or am I just better off buying it from NHL.com?

-Andrew

Since the switch to the EDGE/Premier jerseys, the NHL.com (and other sites like Dick's) customized Premier replicas are done with a cheaper heat pressed one layer twill - the jerseys themselves are legit, but I'd either get the customization done elsewhere or just buy the jersey + customization elsewhere. Some options would be IceJerseys, Exclusive Pro, or Triple Threat Sports.

BTW, thumbs up to a Giroux jersey. I'll probably get one next season since my big jersey purchase this year was an authentic Richards orange.

Hey,

-Andrew

Since the switch to the EDGE/Premier jerseys, the NHL.com (and other sites like Dick's) customized Premier replicas are done with a cheaper heat pressed one layer twill - the jerseys themselves are legit, but I'd either get the customization done elsewhere or just buy the jersey + customization elsewhere. Some options would be IceJerseys, Exclusive Pro, or Triple Threat Sports.

BTW, thumbs up to a Giroux jersey. I'll probably get one next season since my big jersey purchase this year was an authentic Richards orange.

So if NHL.com heat presses them, how do the other sites do it? Same way?

andysoccer12a.png

So if NHL.com heat presses them, how do the other sites do it? Same way?

The GSI Commerce sites (shop.NHL.com, Dick's, Sports Authority, etc. - you can tell who they are because the inventory and underlying framework are identical, although coupons may differ) use the heat pressed single layer. It looks more "plastic" and the colored "layers" are just screened onto that single layer with fake printed stitches. Other places use individual layers of twill sewn together and then sewn onto the jersey. The photos on IceJerseys' site provide a good photo reference: single layer heat press vs. stitched.

In all honesty, I would stay with NHL.com. When looking for quality, they're the top. I have a customized replica Detroit Redwings jersey that I've had for about three years and wear it atleast twice a week. The jersey stands up to wear and is just a nice quality sweater.

NHL.com's reputation for the quality of it's customization is rather poor. I personally have received a jersey with the back number noticeably rotated clockwise.

I know others have had stories of wrong fonts used and other carelessness - all aside from the printed, heat sealed level of materials used.

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

Has anyone bought anything from jerseyexpress.com? I can get a customized white replica for $150 with free shipping, but it would be nice to get some good reviews before dropping that money...

Bump?

They've been around a while - I remember getting their catalogs back before most catalog business shifted to online sales - but have never ordered from them.

Has anyone bought anything from jerseyexpress.com? I can get a customized white replica for $150 with free shipping, but it would be nice to get some good reviews before dropping that money...

Bump?

They've been around a while - I remember getting their catalogs back before most catalog business shifted to online sales - but have never ordered from them.

Yes, I have and I would HIGHLY recommend Jersey Express. I have bought from them a few times and they do amazing work. They are also very customer friendly which sounds like it would be standard, but in today's world it isn't.

I ordered a Leafs authentic Sundin from them with the MLG anniversary patch (which was just before they moved), and the guy at Jersey Express called me to tell me they had found photos of Sundin wearing both the C and the A that season. He e-mailed me the pictures and asked which I preferred. I thought that was above and beyond what they had to do.

Rob

Bump?

Yes, I have and I would HIGHLY recommend Jersey Express. I have bought from them a few times and they do amazing work. They are also very customer friendly which sounds like it would be standard, but in today's world it isn't.

I ordered a Leafs authentic Sundin from them with the MLG anniversary patch (which was just before they moved), and the guy at Jersey Express called me to tell me they had found photos of Sundin wearing both the C and the A that season. He e-mailed me the pictures and asked which I preferred. I thought that was above and beyond what they had to do.

Rob

Thanks for the help! I emailed the guy at customer service there because if I used 10% off, it was $1.52 short of the free shipping, so he said he set up a special promo code just for me so that it is 13 cents over $150 and I'll get a nice discount and free shipping...

andysoccer12a.png

EDIT: While Im asking these questions, I might as well ask another. If anyone has been to the NHL Store in NYC, there is a T-Shirt in one of the middle displays that says "Is This The Year?" and then has the Flyers logo on it. I cannot find it online, but if anyone has seen it, could you please post the link? Thanks

I think those are exclusive to the NHL store in NYC...that's where I got mine and it has the Reebok wordmark on the sleeve.

I think those are exclusive to the NHL store in NYC...that's where I got mine and it has the Reebok wordmark on the sleeve.

Damnit. They didnt have my size when I went there so I never got one. What's the point of having something exclusive to the store? Its such a cool T-Shirt, but I will probably never get it...

andysoccer12a.png

Damnit. They didnt have my size when I went there so I never got one. What's the point of having something exclusive to the store? Its such a cool T-Shirt, but I will probably never get it...

Did you ask one of the employees to check in the back? That's what I had to do since they didn't have my size on the floor.

Did you ask one of the employees to check in the back? That's what I had to do since they didn't have my size on the floor.

Yeah. Between my getting a size too small from the back and being pressed for time, I never got the large. Looking back on it, big mistake...

andysoccer12a.png

• 6 months later...

I hate to bump an old thread, but has anyone else ordered a jersey off of Jerseyexpress? I am really thinking about getting an authentic EDGE from there. The prices are awesome.

I dont mean to rain on your parade, but I got a jersey from them, and although the jersey looks nice, (I got a white Giroux jersey), they dont make the jersey quick enough. I ordered my jersey a while ago and they said something like 2-3 weeks. I waited 5 weeks before cancelling the order. Their response was that it was being made right now but they would cancel the order. That was sometime in May. Just randomly I got my Giroux jersey in late Sept. free of charge! haha, but I already bought a different jersey, so it ended up good, but I doubt it would ever happen again...

andysoccer12a.png

I hate to bump an old thread, but has anyone else ordered a jersey off of Jerseyexpress? I am really thinking about getting an authentic EDGE from there. The prices are awesome.

I dont mean to rain on your parade, but I got a jersey from them, and although the jersey looks nice, (I got a white Giroux jersey), they dont make the jersey quick enough. I ordered my jersey a while ago and they said something like 2-3 weeks. I waited 5 weeks before cancelling the order. Their response was that it was being made right now but they would cancel the order. That was sometime in May. Just randomly I got my Giroux jersey in late Sept. free of charge! haha, but I already bought a different jersey, so it ended up good, but I doubt it would ever happen again...

Oh that sucks. Yeah, hopefully that wouldn't happen to me. At least you got the jersey lol.

mav23.gif

Archived