2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil Logo

NEW.ERA

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Saw that floating around and I like it but FIFA won't use someone's concept logo even though it's probably better then what ever they'll put out.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

i think it's a nice, simple logo. i much prefer it to the 2006 and 1998 WC logos. i had also seen a version with BRASIL written beneath the trophy. i dont think it's quite as interesting as the parrot mock-up above, but it's nice.

It's nice but not as nice as the Parrot and does this mean FIFA is dropping the one template they use for all their events?

It's going to be unveiled on July 8th officially as it's not on the Brazil bid site yet or FIFA's website. Also good eye in finding the logo jl_murtaugh.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

It's nice but not as nice as the Parrot and does this mean FIFA is dropping the one template they use for all their events?

It's going to be unveiled on July 8th officially as it's not on the Brazil bid site yet or FIFA's website. Also good eye in finding the logo jl_murtaugh.

the brazilian press had been reporting it since yesterday. i guess the FIFA template is dropped. you can search the EU trademark website -- the marks were registered in late march.

there's another registered one with BRASIL beneath the tropy.

It's nice but not as nice as the Parrot.

agreed.

also, does anyone know what date the 2018 WC location will be revealed?

both hosts will be announced on december 2nd. i expect FIFA to pick russia and the US.

I don't think this is THE logo. It is found only on one site which is unknown for me and therefore is unreliable.

They said that they will unveil the logo after this World Cup, and FIFA has had (so far) a perfect record of non-leaked logos. Also, no other wordmark and/or accompanying elements are shown, and I think it is not very probable that FIFA will abandon its current branding scheme.

I really hate the actual rendering of the logo, but I like the idea of swirled arms creating the trophy. I would ommit the year, but if it has to stand, it'd be definitely blue. If properly redrawn, it can be good. But then again, I don't think this is the case.

In the worst case, if it really is the logo, this beats the Olympics 2012 logo bundled together with the buffaslug AND the OKC Thunder.

I don't think this is THE logo. It is found only on one site which is unknown for me and therefore is unreliable.

They said that they will unveil the logo after this World Cup, and FIFA has had (so far) a perfect record of non-leaked logos. Also, no other wordmark and/or accompanying elements are shown, and I think it is not very probable that FIFA will abandon its current branding scheme.

I really hate the actual rendering of the logo, but I like the idea of swirled arms creating the trophy. I would ommit the year, but if it has to stand, it'd be definitely blue. If properly redrawn, it can be good. But then again, I don't think this is the case.

In the worst case, if it really is the logo, this beats the Olympics 2012 logo bundled together with the buffaslug AND the OKC Thunder.

the logo is official. it was registered in March on the EU's trademark database. i did a search of the logo yesterday on the site. both the version with brazil and the one without it are registered marks by FIFA -- but they were black and white on the site. i searched the USPTO too, but no mark was registered. the EU trademark database, by the way, is a goldmine for finding leaked jerseys and logos if you're into soccer. that's how fans were able to learn in February about how the nike world cup jerseys would look like.

a brazilian jury, which included gisele, legendary architect oscar niemeyer, a brazilian singer (ivete sangalo), and a few others selected this design.

i agree that the date would have looked better in blue, but whatever. i cant think of a brazilian reason why it's in red. also, brazil with a "Z" is just stupid since it should be in portuguese. i'm not sure if this is one of FIFA's stupid rules or what -- Italia 90 had Italia and not Italy -- nearly everyone could figure out the country name. i understand Germany 06 not having deutschland, though.

personally, i don't mind the rendering so much. it's nice and simple -- besides, when we're talking World Cup logos, most have been terrible. i really only like korea/japan's. i mean, i guess this brazil logo could be a secondary logo, but the entire brazilian press is saying this is the one.

Archived