NEW.ERA

2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil Logo

It's the facepalm logo

brasil2014realFullColor.pngpicard-facepalm.jpg

lol. in fact, that's what a famous brazilian graphic designer said in an interview. he said the logo reminds him of the act of covering your face in shame lol.

on twitter, many brazilians were also pissed at the design. this isn't the end of the design. i mean, i think it's simple. but since the graphic design trade group in brazil apparently had an accord with FIFA to come up with a logo, and FIFA didnt follow this accord, formal protests are sure to follow. so, if you have horrified graphic designers, hopefully they can find a way to modify the logo. maybe london 2012 should consider following suit, if it's not too late lol.

Well that isn't the official logo.

I don't see why FIFA would drop the template after one world cup and the template isn't even that bad.

Again we'll find out the logo in Early July.

Well that isn't the official logo.

I don't see why FIFA would drop the template after one world cup and the template isn't even that bad.

Again we'll find out the logo in Early July.

it's a registered FIFA mark that was voted for by several people from FIFA, including FIFA secretary jerome valcke.

well the logo is official. it is the one that leaked last month with some slight modifications. the ceremony in south africa just ended. there was a concert, president lula was there, etc.

1596961-4317-atm14.jpg

the reaction from brazilians on twitter is mainly hate lol. one parody that has been floating is one featuring the famous brazilian medium chico xavier.

logocopachico.jpg

Huh so it actually was the logo.

I don't mind it, Still want the Parrot though.

well the logo is official. it is the one that leaked last month with some slight modifications. the ceremony in south africa just ended. there was a concert, president lula was there, etc.

1596961-4317-atm14.jpg

the reaction from brazilians on twitter is mainly hate lol. one parody that has been floating is one featuring the famous brazilian medium chico xavier.

logocopachico.jpg

This will be the perfect logo if Brazil is involved in another "Maracanaço" in the 2014 World Cup Final :P

Huh so it actually was the logo.

I don't mind it, Still want the Parrot though.

I heard conflicting reports from one media outlet in Brazil that mentioned the Parrot logo last week...and that it would be a secondary logo used in posters and for official World Cup sponsors (Coca-Cola, Hyundai, etc). Personally, I don't buy it since the logo is nowhere to be found on the updated 2014 page.

But, I would say that a parrot will be the official mascot. I think that's all but a certainty so who knows if they'll use elements from this logo -- that is if it's real.

1596961-4317-atm14.jpg

logocopachico.jpg

This will be the perfect logo if Brazil is involved in another "Maracanaço" in the 2014 World Cup Final :P

I will die if that happens. The loss to the Dutch was bad enough. Probably the worst loss for Brazil since 1990 to Argentina. ugh.

Don't like the logo. But my next question, will FIFA incorporate this logo with the current template or just get away from the template and leave the logo standing alone?

2014tst.jpg

A logo of hands, for a sport that doesn't let you use them.

Makes sense.

/confused

I don't mind it, besides the obvious irony slapshot just pointed out. I actually like it more than the SA one.

Slapshot beat me to it, but that trophy encourages the handball.

In a cheesy, hands around the world kinda way, I actually quite like that! It has a vague carnival feel, and a somewhat original feel to it!

on a sidenote:

FIFA more or less 1 year ago changed their logo (the double world globe logo thing) and just went with that blue FIFA wordmark. Here is the official info by FIFA

as for the World Cup 2014 Logo = the red throws me off. nothing special.

Stating the obvious it's a "copy" of the World Cup thropy with hands, brazilian colors and red.

cjzh2omf.bq0.jpg

Here is a article with that FIFA wordmark included in the logo.

It's the facepalm logo

brasil2014realFullColor.pngpicard-facepalm.jpg

It's an odd logo.

BTW, off-topic, which episode of "Star Trek: The Next Generation" is the facepalm picture from? Based on the uniform Picard is wearing, it has to be between season 3 & 7.

Tom Brady's wife Gisele Bundchen was on the committee for picking the Brazil logo along with Brazilian Football Confederation chairman Ricardo Teixeira, FIFA executive secretary Jerome Valcke, architect Oscar Niemeyer, writer Paulo Coelho, singer Ivete Sangalo, and designer Hans Donner.

On her website, Bundchen posted this comment: ?It was very nice to be able to participate in choosing the logo of the 2014 World Cup that will take place in Brazil. Soccer is a national passion and the Brazilians always look forward to the World Cup. It?s a great opportunity to invest in the development of this country.??

http://www.boston.com/ae/celebrity/articles/2010/07/10/gisele_picks_logo_shops_with_tom/

Simplicity is a good thing, but to me this is such a boring logo. It was stated before, but blue would make this a bit better. At least then it would obviously represent the Brazilian flag. Then again, and I know it was designed by a different group, maybe they wanted to avoid a second consecutive flag-inspired logo. Regardless, for something as huge as the World Cup (and it being in Brazil) this is blah, blah, blah, and horribly cliche. It looks like some generic logo for any random charitable organization or some such. I'll stop rambling on, but this is a real disappointment after the South African logo. Still, I can't wait for the next World Cup!

I wonder if the hand in front with its five extended fingers might possibly be a reference to the fact that Brazil has won five World Cup titles?

Simplicity is a good thing, but to me this is such a boring logo. It was stated before, but blue would make this a bit better. At least then it would obviously represent the Brazilian flag. Then again, and I know it was designed by a different group, maybe they wanted to avoid a second consecutive flag-inspired logo. Regardless, for something as huge as the World Cup (and it being in Brazil) this is blah, blah, blah, and horribly cliche. It looks like some generic logo for any random charitable organization or some such. I'll stop rambling on, but this is a real disappointment after the South African logo. Still, I can't wait for the next World Cup!

it is certainly a bit boring, but i don't mind it so much. but something that i see after president lula emphasized that it would be a "Green" world cup is that the logo also does look kinda like a tree or shrub. lol. so who knows if that was also something the designers had in mind.

as for the red, the hot conspiracy theory rumor coming from internet users in brazil is that the red represents brazil's PT party. the party color is red and president lula was one of the main people in spearheading the movement to get brazil to host the cup. i may not entirely buy into this reasoning, but well, it does make a lot of sense, especially when you consider that football is such a political thing in brazil. but, the PT may not even be in power in 2014.

another rumor is that it has to do with coca cola which i find even more implausible. then again, they do sponsor the WC...so who knows. conspiracy theories!