Buccaneers Concept

burgundy

With this I wanted to update Bucco Bruce, making him more menacing, and make orange and pewter the primary uniform colors. The stripes on the uniforms are supposed to abstractly represent the shape of a cutlass. C&C please

Buccaneers.png

spacer.png

First off, Bucco Bruce looks pretty good right here. I actually don't mind the original, but this one is better. Second, I love the wordmark. Fits their identity perfectly. Thirdly, I'm not a fan of the uniforms. I have said before in an earlier Bucs concept that they are pretty much a stripeless team, as in jersey and pants stripes are distracting when getting too creative. Someone also threw in the Eagles, Raiders, and a couple other teams into that mix. Thirdly, I would keep orange as the tertiary color. Red should be the primary color, then pewter, then orange and black should be used evenly. Bucco Bruce doesn't look that great on a helmet either, but it isn't that bad. It is tough to top their current set.

Twins.pngGoldenGophers.png

Is that font Shanghai?

usajohnson.gif

98% of people claim to have "brought sexy back." Well, I'm the 2% that never left.

Hometown Heroes

Dallas Stars- Brenden Morrow // Marty Turco // Loui Erikkson

Dallas Mavericks- Dirk Nowitzki // Jason Kidd // Jason Terry

Dallas Cowboys- Terrell Owens // DeMarcus Ware // Terence Newman // Felix Jones

Texas Rangers- Ian Kinsler // Elvis Andrus // Marlon Byrd

First off, the highlight on the eye patch is on the wrong side. It is bothering me. Other than that the logo seems fine.

The jersey designs seem good enough, just the color choices are off. The only colors on the pants are Pewter and Red. The only colors on the jerseys are Orange, White, Red, and Black. Then the helmets have every color used so far except White. I'm thinking your color scheme is too much for this logo design and jersey design. All elements need to work together and look like they belong together. I think dropping the Orange would help you out a lot. I know you probably set out to use a lot of Orange, but that is probably why it looks like it was just thrown in there for effect. If you fix that it still wouldn't be an upgrade, but it would be a nice concept. I would also think about returning to the current wordmark, and maybe throwing in one of their current logos as a secondary mark, maybe on the pants.

i think overall it looks good. its not better than what they currently have but might be really good for another team. i think the tangerine jersey is really cool and looks great with the pewter.

the strokes on the wordmark are too think though, i would bring those down some. and also flip the pants stripe unpside down so it goes from the belt towards the sock.

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

I think that the Bucs' orange is unique, and thought it looked good with pewter, another unique color. But I took your guys' advice, and here's two updated versions, on with less orange and one with no orange.

Buccaneers-2.png

Buccaneers-3.png

spacer.png

Both of the Updated Sets look really good, but I like the one with orange better, I think it look's really good, but the orange shoulder stripe kind of bothers me, it should be maroon and maybe with a orange out line, to match the pants stripe. No matter what, the logo is amazing and this is a really good concept!

Check out my new NFL 2016 Series!

This is one of the best Bucs concepts I have seen. That is a beautiful modernization of Bucco Bruce. My favorite color scheme is probably the red and pewter. The one with just the white looks incomplete. I really like that striping pattern that you use. Send this in now! ^_^

stripes on the helmets, no stripes on the socks, solid color, and white pants

Once again, thank you for giving helpful C&C. <_< Do you ever type out your complete thought? It would help much better.

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

The update with orange looks much better. The update with no orange doesn't look so good. By seeing that, I realize that the orange gives the Bucs some pop. The orange update is nearly perfect, but the helmets seem a little plain. I'm not sure if stripes would help or not, though. Also, I still am not too fond of the jersey and pants striping. Just seems a little distracting.

Twins.pngGoldenGophers.png

Archived