MLB Hockey

BJBerthiaume

Hey everybody. I haven't posted any concepts in a while, and the reason is because I have been working on this series for a solid 3 months now. I am a fan of crossovers, and I know many of you may not be, but I'm not forcing you to view my concepts or anything. I just love making crossovers as well. I got bored of my Big Ten redesign mostly because I couldn't think of any reasonable desings for the remaining teams, but I will be finishing that. This I will for sure finish, I am already almost done. All I have left are the NL Central and NL West. I didn't change all the baseball logos to hockey pucks or anything because the main part of this series is the jerseys not the logos. Also, I tried to make as many thirds as I could different from the primaries, but some of the thirds looked sweet with the primary design, so I kept it.

So, here are the Orioles. The bird logo didn't look too great on a hockey jersey, so I went with the O's logo. This design isn't my best at all, but I thought it was a good one to start with. I will take requests after this from any division except the ones mentioned above. Once I finish another team, I will let you guys know.

With that being said, here is the first one. C&C please, Enjoy!!!

BaltimoreOrioleshockey.png

Twins.pngGoldenGophers.png

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My only worry about this is maybe the bird should be on the jerseys. Remember hockey jerseys tend to have logos on not scripts or letters! But I think these retain the Orioles identity whilst starting to look like NHL outfits as well.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Looks good, but it seems random. Take cues from their jerseys.

In many of the sets I have completed so far, I have taken cues from their jerseys. The Orioles just don't have anything hugely unique about their jerseys, so I didn't have much to work with there.

I will post an update to the Orioles set with the birds later today hopefully.

In many of the sets I have completed so far, I have taken cues from their jerseys. The Orioles just don't have anything hugely unique about their jerseys, so I didn't have much to work with there.

Can we expect any pinstripes in this series? :D

g4104.png

Actually, yes...

Actually, yes...

Sweet. B)

g4104.png

Actually, yes...

Yikes! I know a few teams have actually done this in the past and it never came out looking that good. I can think of Providence College off the top of my head.

Actually, yes...

Yikes! I know a few teams have actually done this in the past and it never came out looking that good. I can think of Providence College off the top of my head.

The only stripes I have so far are for the Yankees as an alternate. It is based off sizemorematters' concept a while back. They are more thick that pinstripes though. Kind of like the Canadiens alts.

Any requests?

Actually, yes...

The only stripes I have so far are for the Yankees as an alternate. It is based off sizemorematters' concept a while back. They are more thick that pinstripes though. Kind of like the Canadiens alts.

Any requests?

Can you post your Angels design, if you have it done?

sportslogosavatarb.jpgsportslogosavatara.jpg

Definitely like it better with the bird than with the O's logo. I think all you need is a thin white outline around the bird on the black jersey to set it off against the dark background, and that set is golden.

Here are the Angels. I tried to do a unique design with this one, and I did not include an alternate. The set just didn't seem to need an alternate, and navy isn't a big enough color in their scheme to create a navy alt, so I just skipped the alt for the Angles.

C&C Enjoy! Any requests?

LosAngelesAngelshockey.png

The Angels one looks good, but did you consider trying to swap the blue and white on the home jersey? It might look better that way, and more unique as you get into the other red-and-navy teams later on.

And might I request the Blue Jays?

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

The Angels one looks good, but did you consider trying to swap the blue and white on the home jersey? It might look better that way, and more unique as you get into the other red-and-navy teams later on.

The only problem for me with swapping the blue and white is that it would be a lot of white and could interfere with other teams' road jerseys. Especially a team whose primary color is red.

Red Sox next, then Blue Jays.

The only problem for me with swapping the blue and white is that it would be a lot of white and could interfere with other teams' road jerseys. Especially a team whose primary color is red.

Red Sox next, then Blue Jays.

Yeah, on second glance you've got a very good point. There'd be a little too much white on it if they got swapped.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

Archived