Buffalo Bills Concept

LEWJ

Alright I agree that the stipes look better the way they were originally, so I changed it back to that. I outlines the last part of the shoulder stripe in white, I think it looks much better. Then I added an alternate logo to the pants, which shows how good I am at making logos in paint (not very).

Maybe the logo shows some potential?

billshome3.png

Logo

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

i love having a logo on the hip, but not that one. it looked like a devil when i first glanced at it. it would probaly be best to stick with the helmet logo there. the "standing buffalo" would work best at that size, but i wouldnt try to force that into the design

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

i love having a logo on the hip, but not that one. it looked like a devil when i first glanced at it. it would probaly be best to stick with the helmet logo there. the "standing buffalo" would work best at that size, but i wouldnt try to force that into the design

Yea I don't like what the logo looks like too much either, to be honest. I just put it there to try to get some constructive criticism, and hopefully I'm able to improve upon it without scrappin' it.

The more I think about it, there shouldn't be a hip logo. Since the stripe is technically the same motion stripe from the helmet, it should be looked at as a horizontal element as opposed to a vertical one, which would then make the alt logo perpendicular to it in a weird sort of way. Also, I think that it detracts from the dramatic end of the red stripe. Unless you're in love with it, I'd lose it.

Do what I said with the shoulder stripes - make the white in the back flush with the seam, but keep the red as is.

Experiment with different number fonts - don't go crazy, but maybe something like a more standard block (where the insides of the 8 would be square and not angled) or something just a tad more modern. Just a tad.

One more thing I just noticed - end the helmet stripe a little higher up, so it's not flush with the back bumper. Nowhere else does the fat part of the red actually touch anything, so it shouldn't there.

Do those four things and I'd say you're done - put a check in the win column.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Just about there. I'd recommend that you do the red shoulder stripe the same way it is in v2, but keep the white part like it is in v3.

I'm starting to think that the socks would be better if they were just solid, but I guess it's more whatever you think looks best. I'm inclined to say that the only red in the uniform should be the motion line, so the red in the sock kind of takes away from that. Not a big deal, just a thought.

I'm really nitpicking here, but I think that the blue on the helmet stripe goes back a little too far. Look at the logo, and notice how much red extends past the blue. I think that's the same proportion you should strive for everywhere it is reproduced. Again, it's a nitpick - it still looks OK as is, I just think it could maybe be better.

The number font IMO still isn't there. Again, I know I'm nitpicking here, so take this with a grain of salt, but I still think you need a stronger font. Obviously, you need to go with what you feel is best though.

Look at the numbers here - notice that the insides of the 8s and 3s (etc.) are square. IMO, that makes it look stronger than the thin angled font you chose.

num-football.gif

num-college.gif

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Just about there. I'd recommend that you do the red shoulder stripe the same way it is in v2, but keep the white part like it is in v3.

I'm starting to think that the socks would be better if they were just solid, but I guess it's more whatever you think looks best. I'm inclined to say that the only red in the uniform should be the motion line, so the red in the sock kind of takes away from that. Not a big deal, just a thought.

I'm really nitpicking here, but I think that the blue on the helmet stripe goes back a little too far. Look at the logo, and notice how much red extends past the blue. I think that's the same proportion you should strive for everywhere it is reproduced. Again, it's a nitpick - it still looks OK as is, I just think it could maybe be better.

The number font IMO still isn't there. Again, I know I'm nitpicking here, so take this with a grain of salt, but I still think you need a stronger font. Obviously, you need to go with what you feel is best though.

Look at the numbers here - notice that the insides of the 8s and 3s (etc.) are square. IMO, that makes it look stronger than the thin angled font you chose.

num-football.gif

num-college.gif

Alrighty. I'll probably make those changes, tomorrow.

I know what you're saying about the numbers, I was just goin kinda throwback with the Champion-esque numbers.

BeebeBuf.jpgHJonesBuf.JPG

I may change that though

I've been looking at this thread for a couple of days, and something about the concept hasn't been sitting well with me. I think what it is is that these look more like a kind of retro alternate uni than a fully fledged uni. (Not to say they remind me of a particular uni, but they have just a touch too much of a 1960s/70s uni look. Is there something you could do with the collar maybe to make it look more current? Because I like the idea, and the Bills do have one of the uglier NFL look IMO so some kind of change would be good! And these feel close to being a great set.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

I've been looking at this thread for a couple of days, and something about the concept hasn't been sitting well with me. I think what it is is that these look more like a kind of retro alternate uni than a fully fledged uni. (Not to say they remind me of a particular uni, but they have just a touch too much of a 1960s/70s uni look. Is there something you could do with the collar maybe to make it look more current? Because I like the idea, and the Bills do have one of the uglier NFL look IMO so some kind of change would be good! And these feel close to being a great set.

I kinda know what you mean, it's kinda the vibe I was going for, only I wanted it to be more of a hald modern, half retro. So I'll change the number font, and do something with the collar and see how it turns outt.

Archived