Phillies Championship Rings

BBTV

Just watched the ceremony on mlb.com. Funny hearing Adam Eaton nearly get booed out of the stadium. Surprised he even showed up to get his ring. Surprised they even gave his worthless ass a ring.

Anyway, here it is. I'll post more pics as I find them. I think they're rather understated compared to other recent championship rings. The side you can't see has the WS trophy, and the P on one side with a 4, and the TB on the other side with a 1.

Discuss.

rings-thumb-400x265-1022282.jpg

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
In a word...

Meh.

I kinda agree. They should have worked some blue in there somewhere at least. My first impression was that it looked like a pimped up version of the standard Jostens template.

On the side you can sort of see, there is a Liberty Bell behind the script that does look pretty neat. But still...

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Here is a description of the rings:

http://cbs3.com/local/Phillies.rings.World.2.979765.html

Each 14 karat white gold ring contains 103 diamonds, totaling 3.84 karats. The 103 diamonds represent the 92 regular season and 11 postseason wins for the Phillies in 2008

The top of the ring is crowned with a ruby inlay, topped with the Phillies' signature "P" which is inset with diamonds.

The title "World Champions" is written along the ring's top and bottom outer rim.

The right side of the ring depicts the World Series trophy rising out of Citizens Bank Park, along with the initials of the two World Series teams and the number of games won by each team.

I like them. I wish the P was red to add a bit more color, but they are sharp.

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

They sure seem to be on the road to repeating this year.

:rolleyes:

I guess to play Devil's Advocate here, the Phillies have never gotten off to a fast start. It was either last year or the year before that where they started off 0-2 and ended up having a damn good season.

But I'm still enjoying what I'm seeing from the Braves right now. They can not blind us with those shiny ass rings. B)

Listening to the broadcast of today's drubbing, and they're interviewing someone who was on the committee that designed these things. They asked what some of the design objectives were, and the guy replies something like "we wanted to emphasize that we won the championship." Brilliant.

EDIT: lol, they're going to give the Phanatic a ring.

One classy thing they're doing - in addition to having former players Geoff Jenkins, Pat Burrell, Kyle Kendric (now in minors) and Adam "I'm a thief and a piece of crap who's face should catch on fire and the fire gets put out by someone urinating on me" Eaton, former GM Pat Gillick and CEO Dave Montgomery are going to travel around the country hand delivering the rings to everyone who couldn't be there in person today.

Listening to the broadcast of today's drubbing, and they're interviewing someone who was on the committee that designed these things. They asked what some of the design objectives were, and the guy replies something like "we wanted to emphasize that we won the championship." Brilliant.

EDIT: lol, they're going to give the Phanatic a ring.

One classy thing they're doing - in addition to having former players Geoff Jenkins, Pat Burrell, Kyle Kendric (now in minors) and Adam "I'm a thief and a piece of crap who's face should catch on fire and the fire gets put out by someone urinating on me" Eaton, former GM Pat Gillick and CEO Dave Montgomery are going to travel around the country hand delivering the rings to everyone who couldn't be there in person today.

Similarly, they mentioned that So Taguchi opted not to come to Philly today because he didn't want to disrespect/leave his current teammates, the Iowa Cubs. Personally, I'd go back to Philly and get my ring, but you gotta respect Taguchi for that. Also, if any mascot ever deserves a ring, it's the Phanatic.

...or the rally monkey. Monkeys with ice = hilarious.

What was that about the sweep? Oh right... well, getting the first win is the toughest, but they got the first one under their belt. Same exact scenario as last year. Back to the ring. The more I look at it the more I like it.

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

Lidge's streak continues despite giving up a HR....12-11 final

I guess this season starts the same way last year's did:

NL East team with navy blue hats wins the 1st game, shuts the Phils out in the 2nd game and builds a big lead in the 3rd game during the daytime before blowing it late and losing

Archived