Vancouver Whitecaps MLS.

Patchey13

The two blue don't work well together, they need to be more distinctive from each other. I would also suggest throwing in green the fit with the Nucks.

Bear in mind, the "teal" blue in the logo, is meant to be sky blue, its the closest colour I had to it. I drew up some kits using the sketch Gordi Delini used for his England concept. I actually really thought about green, but I know the Sounders use blue and green too, and the Timbers are also primarily green, and they seem to be the Caps biggest rivals so I wanted to stray away from using it. I HAVE been thinking about having a green clash kit though.

It's nice to see someone else using good ol' markers, pencil, and paper! I'm happy that I'm not alone in that respect. As for your concept, I'm quite impressed with how this has developed. It has a nice color scheme, and the basic look of the logo, while simple, is nice. I'd add a little more curl to the wave; it looks a little flat on top. Other than that, this is pretty good. The unis look great (I like the flow of the lines), although the template feels a little squashed. The players must be short and fat! I kid. Great work.

scotland_fifasig.png

It's nice to see someone else using good ol' markers, pencil, and paper! I'm happy that I'm not alone in that respect. As for your concept, I'm quite impressed with how this has developed. It has a nice color scheme, and the basic look of the logo, while simple, is nice. I'd add a little more curl to the wave; it looks a little flat on top. Other than that, this is pretty good. The unis look great (I like the flow of the lines), although the template feels a little squashed. The players must be short and fat! I kid. Great work.

Thanks, I really admire your work /suckup :P

Hate to break it to you, but I definatly plan to get this onto inkscape once I have a set copy of the logo down ^_^

Well, some good news (potentially)

One of my friends is a prospect in the Whitecaps system, and he knows the team captain from outside of soccer also, and he said he could pass it along to the organization (once its finished of course)

Who knows what could happen :)

The new logo you've come up with is certainly better than your first, so good job on the improvements. Like someone said earlier the colors of E and F are more original, I like the blue and silver.

With that said, however, it still feels too generic for me. I would return to the Vancouver Whitecaps name, Whitecaps F.C. is way to generic and gives no mention of where the team is from. Also, the straight edges of the mountain clashes with the curves in the crest and the wave.

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

F is my choice.

usajohnson.gif

98% of people claim to have "brought sexy back." Well, I'm the 2% that never left.

Hometown Heroes

Dallas Stars- Brenden Morrow // Marty Turco // Loui Erikkson

Dallas Mavericks- Dirk Nowitzki // Jason Kidd // Jason Terry

Dallas Cowboys- Terrell Owens // DeMarcus Ware // Terence Newman // Felix Jones

Texas Rangers- Ian Kinsler // Elvis Andrus // Marlon Byrd

The new logo you've come up with is certainly better than your first, so good job on the improvements. Like someone said earlier the colors of E and F are more original, I like the blue and silver.

With that said, however, it still feels too generic for me. I would return to the Vancouver Whitecaps name, Whitecaps F.C. is way to generic and gives no mention of where the team is from. Also, the straight edges of the mountain clashes with the curves in the crest and the wave.

Im not quite sure how to work Vancouver into the logo, as there is not much space left.

Would you suggest curving the lines of the mountain a bit?

C, D, and F are my choices simply for their colors. I don't think the wave should be dark navy, so that eliminates A and B and although I like E, it's lack of a dark color makes it weaker than the other three. I believe of those three, I like C the best. ^_^

Also, you may want to consider changing the font of "Whitecaps." I was poking around in MiLB logos on the mothersite (on unrelated business) and saw your wordmark, warped a bit:

1i7hvflgpglkhi3yk999keq8f.gif

(I'm allowed to link off the mothersite, right? I don't know if that is against the rules for bandwidth purposes?)

Plus, I wasn't totally sold on that font anyway. I'd suggest something tall and sans-serif.

One mountain doesn't look right at all, not even close. One of the things that I love about visiting my hometown of Vancouver is when I drive in from the Okanagan and through the Surrey way to Vancouver, as I cross knight street bridge I see the mountains and I feel at home, those mountains, they are Vancouver, it's apart of our skyline...our view.

One mountain isn't right at all. Neither is the 1 wave. 1 big wave is fine but smaller ones crashing would be better and redo the mountains and you might be on to something.

LETS GO PENGUINS!

5x Stanley Cup Champions

Archived