2010 Frozen Four

JQK

It looks like it's leaving Detroit in a big hurry.

Still, a logo with a lot more personality than just about any Frozen Four logo I've ever seen.

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

Yeah, that looks like Detroit, outdated gas-guzzling cars from the 1950's. But, you don't want to do a logo based on today's Detroit. A couple of crossed hockey sticks being held by crack-ho's in front of a foreclosed house.

Wide Right, you're hilarious.

I'm sure that there are no bad parts of Chicago.

Did anyone notice the font looks like the one used in the Stanley Cup logo this year?

The Frozen Four is actually going to be in Ford Field like the Final Four. Which was awesome by the way.

Everyone loves a roundel.

Wide Right, you're hilarious.

I'm sure that there are no bad parts of Chicago.

Did anyone notice the font looks like the one used in the Stanley Cup logo this year?

The Frozen Four is actually going to be in Ford Field like the Final Four. Which was awesome by the way.

A friend had told me it was going to be Ford Field also. I didn't believe him at first, but it turned out to be true. That sure is going to be interesting venue. I hope they can fill that place.

I approve of the logo, but agree the license plate needs to be dropped.

Who is hosting it? Joe Louis Arena or The Palace? Both host college hockey throughout the year, JLA more often though.

-Dan

It's going to be at Ford Field Gymnasium & Multipurpose Center. Next year they're going to cut a hole in the floor, flood it, and hold the NCAA swimming finals there too!

Very nice looking logo though. The dangling license plate looks a little out of place on the bottom, but everything else looks great!

I'm shocked (sarcasm), another NCAA logo that's forced. I'm sorry to say this but the idea is good, the execution well to quote John McKay, "I'm all for it." It's horrible. They just dropped that bad "Final Four" wordmark over the back of a classic 50's car. There's a lot of silver in the car and a lot in the wordmark, which makes them compete against each other, and I agree with everyone about the plate. I bet they just added it because there was nothing hockey about the logo. I just have to say that the "Final Four" wordmark has go to go. It's just a generic wordmark, with those "tails" off the "F's". Again the idea is good, the execution is horrible. It's just another horrible logo with everything crammed into one small space.

Archived