Angels SP Nick Adenhart Killed in Hit and Run

LMU

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The story has been updated. The driver of the mini van apparently has a previous DUI conviction and was driving under a suspended license.

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-an...,0,118557.story

Also one of the other people killed in the accident was a girl who was only 20-years-old.

......I hope they go full blown first degree murder...i still cant believe it...i never thought i would see an event make scot boras cry...

Man, this is terrible. A customer in my store today actually told me about this, and as soon as I got home, I had to check out if it was true. To think that a kid pitches well in his MLB debut, then doesn't make it home that night is just horrible.

RIP Nick.

Terrible news. It seems like every year a MLB player seems to die from a car crash, either form their own fault or someone else's, like in this case.

RIP.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Terrible. The driver was a scumbag with prior convictions and a suspended license.

RIP Nick.

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

Nick Adenhart: 1986-2009

In the early hours of Thursday morning, a car accident in Southern California took the life of 22-year old Los Angeles Angels pitcher Nick Adenhart and two other passengers riding in the same vehicle.

Baseball fans know Adenhart because he has for several years been recognized as one of the better pitching prospects in the minor leagues. He had initially struggled to establish himself in the Los Angeles rotation, but seemed to have made a breakthrough this year. After a strong spring, Adenhart was named the club's No. 3 starter to open the season.

Pitching last night in his 2009 debut, Adenhart threw six scoreless innings. He struck out five Oakland batters and left the contest with a lead. As testimony to his talent on the baseball field, Adenhart's final performance was worthy.

In deference to Adenhart's teammates, Major League Baseball has appropriately postponed the final game of the Angels-Athletics series originally scheduled for tonight.

The death of any young person is tragic. We are especially touched when the one lost is full of talent, with a promising future and an easy smile. Adenhart possessed all of those qualities.

The names of the others killed in accident are not known to the public, but want of fame does not diminish the pain felt at their passing. Even if we do not know them, we know that they have friends and family who love them and will mourn for them.

We feel deep empathy for those closest to Adenhart and his companions. Most of all, we feel for the parents of those who died. We know that the loss of a child is as devastating an event as any mother or father can imagine. To experience that loss is to know a hole in the heart that can never be filled. Our sorrow for you is profound.

This is just absolutely horrible news. He had such a promising career ahead of him. News like this really puts things in perspective. I couldn't believe it when I saw it. My thoughts go out to his family, and not only the Angels but the entire baseball family.

RIP Nick

ph_407812.jpgNickAdenhart.pngph_458675.jpg

The story has been updated. The driver of the mini van apparently has a previous DUI conviction and was driving under a suspended license.

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-an...,0,118557.story

Also one of the other people killed in the accident was a girl who was only 20-years-old.

......I hope they go full blown first degree murder...i still cant believe it...i never thought i would see an event make scot boras cry...

Unfortunately based on the circumstances the most they could charge him with is 2d degree murder. The conduct does not rise to the level required for 1st degree murder.

This guy already has a DUI and was driving on a suspended license while drunk. I hope he rots in prison for a long time.

I got on MLB.com when I got home from school to check some of the scoreboards and I saw that. It truly is sad, it brought tears to my eyes. It just puts everything in perspective; nothing is promised, we could be taken up at any time. It's just sad to see someone this young with such a promising career go like this. Tragic.

My thoughts and prayers are with all friends and family members of Nick Adenhart and to the Angels organization.

R.I.P. Nick, for you are now with an entirely new team of Angels.

This was horrible beyond words, he had such a great game yesterday and he deserved the win, he would of had so many more wins too. I am sure he would of had many more wins too, 22 he was in the starting rotation of a contender. Such a waste, I hope that jackass in the minivan never taste freedom again.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

This is really sad. I just watched his game and I remember commenting to my friend that I think this kid has some good stuff. The accident took place about 15 minutes from me so it's all over the place. This is a sad day for baseball and the Angels organization. Stupid drunk drivers.

This hurts to hear about, you know. The kid has a chance to really shine on that team and it's cut short because someone was just a total numbskull and failed to follow the rules of the road.

No matter who you root for, I think for today we all are Angel fans.

Just awful news. I watched the Angels game last night. In fact, one of my friends who lives in Murietta CA was texting me as I was watching the game and we were talking about how the pen had blown the lead. This morning I get up and go to my facebook page and there's a message from her telling me the kid was killed overnight. It was very strange and very sad. The drunk driver needs to pay heavily for this as do all drunk drivers who commit similar acts. If there is any good to come out of this, it might be that such a high profile example of the dangers of drunk driving may someday lead to much tougher penalties. In Ohio our drunk driving laws are a joke. These idiots need to be removed from the roads for good. With all the technology available today there has to be a way to keep a convicted drunk driver from ever getting behind the wheel again. If I had my way it would be one and done.

What a waste. What an absolute shame. I am as angry as I am saddened.

Rest in peace Nick. You pitched a whale of a game.

BB52Big.jpg

Archived