CCSLC Championship Ring Thread

Anyone want to talk about the Design of the Super Bowl XXIII rings?

sb23c.jpg

The ring on the left is the San Francisco Forty Niners Super Bowl Ring from their 1988 season. This ring was designed and manufactured by Jostens in solid 10K yellow gold and continuing their theme from their second Super Bowl ring, this ring also has the number of Super Bowl victories shown by incorporating Lombardi Trophies, with each one containing a beautiful and large marquise diamond.

The ring weighs in at approximately 43-44 grams.

I'm apologizing again that the championship rings shown above contain my web-site address. It's not done for self promotion or for ego. If I didn’t include the graphic, other web sites would "take" my images, especially the sellers on ebay, who appear out of nowhere and offer the cheap replicas that are made in China. Collectors often wonder why the ring companies such as Jostens, Balfour, and Tiffany allow this? No one seems to know why these offerings continue, it's a shame (or opportunity depending upon how you see it).

When I do post pictures that are already on the internet, I won’t place my web-site address in the image.

Well unless the NCAA paid, it's on the schools. I'd rather have a Gator Bowl rin f

Not always the case. When I was coaching at a Division III school, we went to the NCAA playoffs as an automatic qualifying conference champion.. We put the NCAA logo and playoffs on the side of the ring and we're told months later, the week he rings were to be delieved, the NCAA had rejected our design and forced the company to destroy all the rings made because the correct term was "NCAA Championships" and not playoffs. We waited over a month for the rings to be remade and delieved to the team. So the NCAA does have some say in the matter

A negative recruiting flyer from the team up north bashing his lack of experience prompted Ohio State wide receivers coach to fire back on Twitter. He's entering his fourth season as an Ohio State assistant and his fifth overall as a full-time coach. His rings also speak to his time at Florida as a graduate assistant and quality control assistant during two national championship seasons.

https://twitter.com/coachzachsmith/status/607354322976960514 (on phone)

Here is a photo of the 3 Championship Rings that the University of Oregon players all got for going to the National Championship Game last year. The one on the left is for winning the Pac 12 Championship. The center ring is the NCAA College Playoff Ring for making to the Title Game. The ring on the right is for winning the 2015 Rose Bowl Game against FSU. Kind of bit surprised that they got 3 rings but it seems Oregon always got extra rings in other years when they have played for the title. The Pac 12 ring looks similar to the new Ohio State Big Ten Ring. The College Football Playoff Title Game ring looks similar to the new College Football playoff Ring that Ohio State got but it looks like Oregon was able to alter it a bit so it's not like the generic BCS Ring that all of the teams used to get every year. The Rose Bowl Ring is similar to the new Ohio State National Champs Ring all made by Jostens. it would seem that these 2 designs are what we will see in the near future out of Jostens.

11401041_979866898714341_337729448889760

Patriots will receive latest Super Bowl rings at Robert Kraft’s house Sunday

Look for social media (ie Twitter) to light up Sunday evening as players will be tweeting pictures of the newest Super Bowl rings:

According to the Boston Globe, the New England Patriots will receive their Super Bowl XLIX Championship rings at the home of owner Robert Kraft this coming Sunday.

The designer and manufacturer of the latest Super Bowl ring, Jostens, has made no mention of being awarded the contract to design and manufacture the ring, and no official announcement was made in the weeks leading up to this event.

It remains to be seen, if the design and size of the latest Super Bowl ring, is affected by the bad feelings and controversy many fans and other teams now feel towards Kraft, Brady, Belichick, and the rest of the Patriots organization.

As soon as the Super Bowl ring pictures and details are released, I will provide extensive coverage.

Here is a photo of the 3 Championship Rings that the University of Oregon players all got for going to the National Championship Game last year. The one on the left is for winning the Pac 12 Championship. The center ring is the NCAA College Playoff Ring for making to the Title Game. The ring on the right is for winning the 2015 Rose Bowl Game against FSU. Kind of bit surprised that they got 3 rings but it seems Oregon always got extra rings in other years when they have played for the title. The Pac 12 ring looks similar to the new Ohio State Big Ten Ring. The College Football Playoff Title Game ring looks similar to the new College Football playoff Ring that Ohio State got but it looks like Oregon was able to alter it a bit so it's not like the generic BCS Ring that all of the teams used to get every year. The Rose Bowl Ring is similar to the new Ohio State National Champs Ring all made by Jostens. it would seem that these 2 designs are what we will see in the near future out of Jostens.

11401041_979866898714341_337729448889760

Can't imagine the Oregon players would want/wear the center ring.

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

Anyone want to discuss the design of these two rings from Super Bowl XXIV?

sb24c.jpg

The ring on the left is the San Francisco Forty Niners Super Bowl Ring from their 1989 season. This ring was designed and manufactured by Jostens in solid 10K yellow gold. Unlike the year before, the 49ers decided not to continue their theme from their second and third Super Bowl rings, where they had celebrated the number of Super Bowl victories by incorporating Lombardi Trophies on the ring top, with each one containing a beautiful and large marquise diamond.

Make no mistake, this ring contains four very large marquise diamonds, but in this Super Bowl ring, the four diamonds take center stage.

The Denver Broncos 1989 AFC championship ring, shown above, is a beauty, and weighed in at 41-42 grams. It contains 14 small diamonds. And in a strange twist, there are three large diamonds in the center that represent the team’s third Super Bowl appearance in four seasons (all losses). What makes this strange is that the designers completely ignored the fact that this was the team’s fourth Super Bowl appearance (all losses).

Largest Super Bowl rings ever according to Jostens!

Glad Pats did not disappoint, the rings look huge, almost 20% than the 2004 ring.

I wish Jostens would list the weight in grams, but it appears different size rings will have different weight. Regardless they should all be at least 100 grams.

Awesome Ring! Thanks for the pictures.

Here's what Jostens said about their ring:

In keeping with tradition, the championship ring features a unique shape and industry-changing design. The stunning ring, handcrafted by Jostens, celebrates the team’s DO YOUR JOB attitude with the largest Super Bowl ring ever made, crafted in white gold with a minimum of 4.85 carat weight and a total stone count of 205 diamonds. The ring showcases the team’s four Lombardi Trophies; each created by a marquise-cut diamond.

The ring top features the team’s iconic Patriots logo, surrounded by 44 pavé-set round diamonds. The words WORLD CHAMPIONS flank the ring top and 143 additional round diamonds are pavé-set to complete this uniquely shaped ring. The right side features the season’s motto DO YOUR JOB, the final score of the historic game, the season record and the Super Bowl XLIX logo. The left side lists all four championship years, a silhouette of Gillette Stadium and the player’s name and number. Each player’s number is set in diamonds.

I'm not a huge circled ring fan, yet those trophies really pop via side view. Not sure any future ring will ever be larger, including if the Patriots (hopefully) win again soon.

Maybe if/when the Cowboys win they'll make the most ridiculous ones because of course they would.

cropped-cropped-toronto-skyline21.jpg?w=

@2001mark