CCSLC Championship Ring Thread

First look at the Chicago Blackhawks 2015 Stanley Cup championship ring. Looks like a cross between the 2010 and 2013 rings. Looks like a lot of white gold, diamonds, and antique finish. A little color, like what the 2013 ring had, wouldn't have hurt.

CQg7HbWUcAAkhwd.jpg

CQg7HhjUAAAU_dQ.jpg

Here you go Mike, Mystery solved!.

Rings are from one of the team doctors who works for all three teams.

http://www.handsurgerypc.com/boston-sports/dr-leibman-adds-new-england-patriots-super-bowl-ring-to-his-collection/

d8165c91d9956ab7f51e30753b721bbd.png

Thank you so much!!!!

Excellent detective work! I can sleep now knowing what happened! lol

I'm updating my blog now and giving you all the credit!

Thanks again!

Hey Mike, I saw some new pics of the 2014 Seahawks NFC championship ring on your website.

Were you able to obtain one? You going to do a write-up on it? Size, grams?

The pictures on my site are the best pictures to date of the NFC ring and presentation box.

The photos were sent to me recently with an offer to buy the player ring and box.

However, there were some issues with the ring and paperwork, and the price was too high for me, so I ultimately passed.

I still don't know how much the ring weighs and I'm looking forward to one day soon acquiring one and doing some detailed photos and wights. I also can't wait to see a picture of the two Seattle rings side by side, to see if they are a great match in size and style.

Guess I was bored today, here are pics of every school issued national championship ring during BCS era and some extra rings. (since BCS is done and over with).

I have no clue what those numbers are on the first picture.

12140570_10207565514038792_7384519469091

That's pretty cool

t.jpg

Part owner in the Green Bay Packers

What’s Wrong With the Chicago Blackhawk’s Championship Rings?

Their last three Stanley Cup rings are shown below; the oldest on the left and the newest on the right. They show a disturbing design trend:

(Click picture below for a larger picture)

black33.jpg

In my opinion, the Blackhawk’s championship rings are getting progressively worse.

The 2009-10 championship ring, shown on the left, is a gorgeous ring – perhaps one of the finest Stanley Cup Rings ever made. It’s huge, packed with diamonds, and displays the team’s logo and a Stanley Cup trophy.

Although the top lacks any color, the sides contain yellow gold and complement the championship ring quite well.

The middle Stanley Cup ring, from the 2012-13 season, has a center red stone and in my opinion is a downgrade from the team’s previous championship ring. This ring also contains color on the side, and typically when a team wins a second championship in a short time span, the championship ring is almost always larger and contains more bling than the first ring – except in this case.

The team’s most recent championship ring, from the 2014-15 season looks to be slightly larger than the middle ring, however, the lack of color on the top and sides is a glaring omission.

The latest championship ring could certainly use some color as it contains a sterile, non-creative design.

All three championship rings were designed and manufactured by Jostens, and as I said before, looks like these Stanley Cup rings are heading in the wrong direction.

What do the members think? Any thoughts or opinions?

• Like 1

My ranking would be,

1. 13, love the red, great look overall

2. 15, nice and clean, needs some color though

3. 10, nice, but too big and it looks the same as those before it, unoriginal

I have to agree. Your analysis is spot on.

Mine would be the order they received them. The first one I like because it's big and gawdy. With all of them I think the feathers should have had colored stones.

t.jpg

Part owner in the Green Bay Packers

My ranking would be,

1. 13, love the red, great look overall

2. 15, nice and clean, needs some color though

3. 10, nice, but too big and it looks the same as those before it, unoriginal

I have to agree. Your analysis is spot on.

Mine would be the order they received them. The first one I like because it's big and gawdy. With all of them I think the feathers should have had colored stones.

Very interesting how we all see these rings and their features and shortcomings a little different.

Maybe some day, I'll group the Patriots rings together and ask the same question.

Edited by Ice_Cap
do not bring outside grievences with other posters into the thread

I'm not too impressed with Jostens these days. They keep rehashing old designs like crazy. The ring looks nice, but I'm a fan of having color in it. The Blackhawks first 2 rings were better. Especially the 2nd

The teams have as much to do with ring designs as the manufacturers nowadays. Odds are whomever was making the decision saw a previous ring and said, "I want something like that one, but for us."

What’s Wrong With the Chicago Blackhawk’s Championship Rings?

Their last three Stanley Cup rings are shown below; the oldest on the left and the newest on the right. They show a disturbing design trend:

(Click picture below for a larger picture)

black33.jpg

In my opinion, the Blackhawk’s championship rings are getting progressively worse.

The 2009-10 championship ring, shown on the left, is a gorgeous ring – perhaps one of the finest Stanley Cup Rings ever made. It’s huge, packed with diamonds, and displays the team’s logo and a Stanley Cup trophy.

Although the top lacks any color, the sides contain yellow gold and complement the championship ring quite well.

The middle Stanley Cup ring, from the 2012-13 season, has a center red stone and in my opinion is a downgrade from the team’s previous championship ring. This ring also contains color on the side, and typically when a team wins a second championship in a short time span, the championship ring is almost always larger and contains more bling than the first ring – except in this case.

The team’s most recent championship ring, from the 2014-15 season looks to be slightly larger than the middle ring, however, the lack of color on the top and sides is a glaring omission.

The latest championship ring could certainly use some color as it contains a sterile, non-creative design.

All three championship rings were designed and manufactured by Jostens, and as I said before, looks like these Stanley Cup rings are heading in the wrong direction.

What do the members think? Any thoughts or opinions?

I honestly prefer the '15 ring to the other two, with the '10 ring second and the '13 ring (with the red) looking (at least in the depiction) just God awful. To be original with the '15 ring, I'd probably have done the hair and feathers in stones of their respective colors - it would have really given it some uniqueness and some 'pop.'

nav-logo.png