CCSLC Championship Ring Thread

On June 9, 2016 at 7:18 AM, Cosmic said:

@sports-rings.com What changed in those 40 minutes? The professional pictures look exactly like I'd expect, given the previous ones.

Please look at both sets of photographs and I believe you will see that the later photos, taken by Jostens, show the design aspects of the rings much clearer and without the harsh light of the first set of pictures.

So the better photos reveals a much better design than the first group of pictures hinted at.

The Broncos and Jostens did a very nice job on the new rings.  They look to be huge. I would love to see how big this one is compared to the Pats ring from last year.  I am sure we will be seeing photos or I hope to see a photo of the 2 rings side by side soon.   Now while we are enjoying the new Denver ring I just saw posted on the Twitter page of the owner of "Diamond Cutters" the company who made the first official Denver Super Bowl Champions ring in 1997 has posted a photo of what looks to be the 3 Denver Super Bowl Rings.  As we all know the 1998 (2nd) one was made by Jostens and of course the latest one (2015) was made by Jostens too.   In the photo you can clearly see that the ring they are showing is NOT the Jostens version of the 2015 Ring as the top is slightly different and the side that you can see is not the same as Jostens ring.  The 1998 ring looks to be a bit off too than the one that Jostens made. I had originally thought that DC might have sold the stones to Jostens or that the stones came from DC but after looking at the photos the last 2 rings are NOT made by Jostens.  So why would DC have recreated their own version of the 1998 and 2015 rings that look so similar to the ones that Jostens made??   You could say that these were the designs that DC submitted to the team but i dont think this is the case. I am sure one of these days this question will be answered or at least I hope it will be soon.  

One odd thing thing with this photo from DCI is the new ring I would expect is far larger than the 1998 Ring and in the photo it does look larger but I am willing to bet the Jostens new one is by far way larger than the other 2 rings if they were shown side by side.  

Denver 2015 SB DC_Crop.jpg

Here are more photos, scaled to the same size...

While I was hoping to see a yellow-gold Super Bowl ring to match the team’s last two Super Bowl rings, Jostens produced a white version but at least the top of the championship ring showcases a lot of yellow gold.

According to the Broncos, each Super Bowl 50 ring contains 194 diamonds, and the stunning championship rings have more than 5.05 carats. Some media outlets are reporting 212 diamonds so we’ll have to sort this out.

The Broncos’ iconic logo sits in the middle of the top of the Super Bowl ring and thankfully, the team and Jostens, decided not to do a championship ring with three Bronco horse-head logos. The Broncos three Super Bowl trophies are featured on top of the Super Bowl ring, as this has become a common theme in Super Bowl ring design for teams that have multiple titles.

On one side of the championship ring is an image of the Lombardi Trophy surrounded by the words “This one’s for Pat.” General Manager John Elway spoke those moving words after the Broncos’ 24-10 win in Super Bowl 50. That sentiment was in honor of Bronco owner Pat Bowen, who’s battling Alzheimer’s disease.

The other side of the Super Bowl 50 ring contains the recipient’s last name and jersey number.

As is the usual case with Jostens, we have no idea how large the ring is, although there is a picture of Peyton Manning wearing this championship ring and his Colts Super Bowl XLI ring. As you would expect, the photo reveals that the Broncos ring is substantially larger than Manning’s 9 year old Colts championship ring. That Colts Super Bowl ring was not small, it weighed in at 68 grams, which is considered a large, modern size championship ring.

Jostens also did not report if the ring was made of 10K gold, 14K gold , or platinum, so I will research these details as well and report back soon.  Please let me know if anyone knows what the ring is made of.

Click the photo below for a larger view of the image.

a.jpg

18 hours ago, Championship Sports Rings said:

The Broncos and Jostens did a very nice job on the new rings.  They look to be huge. I would love to see how big this one is compared to the Pats ring from last year.  I am sure we will be seeing photos or I hope to see a photo of the 2 rings side by side soon.   Now while we are enjoying the new Denver ring I just saw posted on the Twitter page of the owner of "Diamond Cutters" the company who made the first official Denver Super Bowl Champions ring in 1997 has posted a photo of what looks to be the 3 Denver Super Bowl Rings.  As we all know the 1998 (2nd) one was made by Jostens and of course the latest one (2015) was made by Jostens too.   In the photo you can clearly see that the ring they are showing is NOT the Jostens version of the 2015 Ring as the top is slightly different and the side that you can see is not the same as Jostens ring.  The 1998 ring looks to be a bit off too than the one that Jostens made. I had originally thought that DC might have sold the stones to Jostens or that the stones came from DC but after looking at the photos the last 2 rings are NOT made by Jostens.  So why would DC have recreated their own version of the 1998 and 2015 rings that look so similar to the ones that Jostens made??   You could say that these were the designs that DC submitted to the team but i dont think this is the case. I am sure one of these days this question will be answered or at least I hope it will be soon.  

One odd thing thing with this photo from DCI is the new ring I would expect is far larger than the 1998 Ring and in the photo it does look larger but I am willing to bet the Jostens new one is by far way larger than the other 2 rings if they were shown side by side.  

Denver 2015 SB DC_Crop.jpg

Thanks so much for this information and picture.   What a strange occurrence! 

On ‎6‎/‎13‎/‎2016 at 5:00 PM, infrared41 said:

a.jpg

Beautiful design, but it's way too big. In that picture of the player wearing one, it looks like he's wearing a paperweight on his index finger. I'd want a ring I could wear.

That's because the players want it this way.  I remember Michael Strahan famously said he wanted a 10 table ring.  Meaning you could see it from 10 tables over at a restaurant.  So as long as we're in the "bling" era the rings will just keep growing.

t.jpg

Part owner in the Green Bay Packers

1 hour ago, ridenlow71 said:

That's because the players want it this way.  I remember Michael Strahan famously said he wanted a 10 table ring.  Meaning you could see it from 10 tables over at a restaurant.  So as long as we're in the "bling" era the rings will just keep growing.

By the way, I goofed, the huge ring box with the pad-lock is not the super bowl  ring box.  When you open that huge box, it contained the proper ring box with the championship ring, inside and the huge box shown below also contained a painted full-size football with the recipient's name on it and perhaps other goodies as well.

The championship ring box is the typical glass box with etching that we have seen lately.  I am trying to find a good picture of it, but have not found one yet.

a.jpg

I was listening to the radio this morning and apparently Wade Phillips' (UH '68) ring had the wrong name on it. 

Phillips will need a new Super Bowl ring after the one he received at the team's extravagant ceremony at the stadium had "the wrong name" on it, according to Phillips.

The incorrect name on Phillips' ring was Peters. The Broncos' assistant director of college scouting is named Adam Peters. His name was correctly displayed on the ring he received.

Phillips said Monday that he's happy he will receive a replacement as quickly as possible from the company -- Jostens -- that made rings for the Broncos. 

Link: To Full Article