CCSLC Championship Ring Thread

On 6/12/2016 at 8:59 PM, Cujo said:
Cky84AuVAAE4T1n.jpg

Not signed in

I know it was Super Bowl 50, and that is noteworthy by itself but I am not a fan of putting the 50 on the face of the ring. I would have rather seen a much larger Broncos logo and putting the 50 on the shank (where the Lombardi Trophy is). This ring design seemed to force the Broncos into sharing their win with the NFL's championship anniversary. 

The shanks look great. I am a big fan of the way the Broncos have celebrated their AFC titles on this and past rings.

Mike, I am dying to know if Denver 50 ring is larger than Pats 2014 ring? I do think Pats ring is larger.

So how about you use these measurements against Pats 2004 and Ravens 2013 rings, see which one is longer. Based on that we should have an idea how 50 ring compares to Pats 2014 ring....Here are the 50 ring dimensions in mm

Never to early to start thinking what the Cavs ring will look like..anyone got any ideas?  I thinking it will have the trophy on the face similar to the 2006 Heat ring.  Probably made by Jostens or maybe Herff Jones as their based in Indy.

t.jpg

Part owner in the Green Bay Packers

Cool story about this woman who has 3 championship rings. 

KUSA - It takes a team to help THE team win. The Broncos players and coaches all received their flashy Super Bowl 50 rings last week. This week the supporting staff received theirs.

Peyton Manning went out on top with two Super Bowl rings.

“This one's absolutely enormous. In ten years it's going to blow out somebody's shoulder!” joked Manning.

But Liz Coates, who does game time entertainment for the Denver Broncos and Denver Outlaws, has three championship rings.

“It’s incredibly special and it doesn’t happen often. So when it does you really have to appreciate the moment and the history behind it,” Coates said.

She got her biggest ring this week thanks to the Broncos big win over the Carolina Panthers in February.

She also has a ring from working with the Denver Outlaws.They won a Major League Lacrosse championship in 2014.

In 2007 she worked for the Colorado Rockies when they defeated the Arizona Diamondbacks in the National League Championship Series. Todd Helton would finish his 17 year baseball career with one NLCS championship ring. Liz got one too.

“Matt Holliday’s dramatic play at the plate to win, honestly after that I don’t remember a lot about the playoffs because it was such a blur,” Coates said. 

Some players will never get one. Liz Coates now has three rings.

“The ring symbolizes a championship, and a team coming together in all the right ways,” she said.

A player's hard work can't be missed. But the work of the hundreds of staff behind the scenes often is. So this is a reminder that the team isn't just the people playing between the sidelines. It's also someone who tends be there at the right time.

“I don’t know if I am a good luck charm,” Coates  said. “But maybe! Hopefully I bring another one to the Broncos! That’d be fun.”

Copyright 2016 KUSA

rings_1466009689448_3083018_ver1.0.jpg

"Mr. President, call in the National Guard! Send as many men as you can spare! Because we are killing the Patriots! They need emergency help!" - Shannon Sharpe

On 6/15/2016 at 10:33 PM, dralec said:

Mike, I am dying to know if Denver 50 ring is larger than Pats 2014 ring? I do think Pats ring is larger.

So how about you use these measurements against Pats 2004 and Ravens 2013 rings, see which one is longer. Based on that we should have an idea how 50 ring compares to Pats 2014 ring....Here are the 50 ring dimensions in mm

No way is the Bronco 50 ring larger than the Pats ring.  I think I am getting a player Pats ring this weekend and if the deal goes through, I will have plenty of pictures to compare the design and size of the latest and greatest super bowl rings!  Unfortunately I don't have any way at this time to compare the design of the Pats ring to the Broncos ring.  The Peyton photo of his colts ring and the Bronco ring is quite telling as the Bronco ring appears to be about twice as large as the Colts ring.  Time will tell!

On 6/20/2016 at 4:09 PM, ridenlow71 said:

Never to early to start thinking what the Cavs ring will look like..anyone got any ideas?  I thinking it will have the trophy on the face similar to the 2006 Heat ring.  Probably made by Jostens or maybe Herff Jones as their based in Indy.

While this Nike tee shirt is not really an indication of the size and style of the upcoming Cavs ring, it does demonstrate the pressure ownership feels when designing the latest championship rings to make them so darn large.  The design of these huge championship rings means that wearing them is very uncomfortable.  Kind of defeats the purpose of the championship ring design if they are too large to wear.

cav1.jpg

On 5/10/2016 at 10:04 PM, UHCollector said:

Jostens Artwork - Source

2015 UH Peach Bowl Ring Josten's Artwork.jpg

UH is offering its Cougar Pride Donors the opportunity to purchase UH Fan Rings and Pendants commemorating the 2015 season. Prices range from $385 - $5000. I've heard rumors in the past of Big Money Donors getting actual rings/pendants but this is the first time that I know of a fan ring/pendant being made available to low level donors. 

Personally I have mixed feelings about purchasing one of these rings. I have three rings in my collection that cost $400 or less so I'd rather put $385 towards a "real" ring. I'll be curious to see if a fan ring or a staff/player ring hits the marketplace first.

UHPBFanRings.png

15 minutes ago, dont care said:

Looks like a counterfeit ring

Not sure, but it was posted by Duchene on his Instagram account

"Mr. President, call in the National Guard! Send as many men as you can spare! Because we are killing the Patriots! They need emergency help!" - Shannon Sharpe

17 hours ago, UHCollector said:

http%3A%2F%2Fstatic.silverchalice.co%2Fc

FSU Ring celebrating a state championship with wins over Miami and Florida and commemorating their Peach Bowl appearance. 

Really...this is what we're doing now?  This reminds me of a participation trophy.<_<

• Like 1

t.jpg

Part owner in the Green Bay Packers

The Biggest Super Bowl Rings Ever!

This weekend I acquired the largest Super Bowl ring ever - the Patriots 2014 championship ring shown in the center below:

The Patriots Superbowl XLIX ring is a whopper - larger than the other winning Super Bowl rings it's pictured with.

Other than the Seattle Seahawks Super Bowl XLVIII from 2013, shown above left, the championship rings pictured, were designed as the the largest Super Bowl rings ever made.

The Packers, Ravens, Steelers ring, and the Patriots Super Bowl ring on the far right are larger than just about all of the Super Bowl rings not pictured, that's why they are featured in the photo. 

The first Super Bowl ring, back from 1966 weighed in at 40 grams of solid gold.  Each of the championship rings above, except for the Seahawks ring and Ravens ring, all weigh 100 grams or more.  That means these championship rings are 2.5 times heavier than the Packers Super Bowl I ring!

Each of these massive Super Bowl rings were designed and manufactured by Jostens, except for the Seahawks ring which was designed and crafted by Tiffany and Company.  Incidentally, the Seahawks ring weighs in at 73.58 grams.

Also of note, the most massive ring shown (ie heaviest) is the Packers Super Bowl XLV ring - weighing in at a jaw dropping 110 grams.  It's 10 grams heavier than the Patriots 2014 Super Bowl ring because it's made of Platinum which is about 15-20 heavier than 10k gold which the Patriots ring is comprised of. 

Finally obtaining a Patriots player 2014 Super Bowl ring was an amazing experience, and you can't appreciate how big the ring truly is until you hold it and try it on.  All of the rings above, even the Seahawks championship ring have become so large and heavy that they are completely uncomfortable to wear for long periods of time.  That kind of defeats the purpose of owing a championship ring.

(Click on the photo below to see a larger version of it).

sbrings1.jpg