CCSLC Championship Ring Thread

Anyone want to discuss the championship rings from the 2007 Super Bowl?

The ring on the left is the New York Giants winning Super Bowl Ring from their 2007 season and their most improbable stunning upset over the undefeated New England Patriots.  This beautiful championship ring was designed and manufactured by Tiffany & Company and is substantially larger and heavier than the team's first two Super Bowl rings.

The Super Bowl ring  is made of solid 14K white gold and the player version weighs around 71 grams.

At the time, I was blown away by the fresh new look of the Giants Tiffany ring.  But Four seasons later when Tiffany got a chance to do the Giants Fourth Super Bowl championship, I feel they did a better job in that design than the one shown below.

The Patriots 2007 AFC championship ring shown below is a very nice diamond-loaded championship ring.  It weighs in at 46 grams and was made in solid 10K white gold by Jostens.

Disappointed that their undefeated regular season did not end with a championship, perhaps the Pats did not put a lot of time and effort into the design of this ring.  I say that because the Patriots have become known for making spectacular championship rings that each time bring their newest edition to new heights.  Even their losing AFC ring from 2011, was spectacular and ground breaking for an AFC/NFC championship ring.

This particular one however, is just a design retread from Jostens that we have seen other teams use in their losing efforts.

Any thoughts on the design of either of these rings?

sb42c.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Championship Sports Rings said:

The New 2016 Chicago Cubs World Series Rings will be given out on April 12 but here is a sneak peak at what the ring is supposed to look like.58eb18d304da3_Chicago2016WorldSeriesRingTwitter7___YM.jpg.2fbfd2d144e7919845379528306404a6.jpg

Just heard on sports center that it will have 108 diamonds for each year without a championship

If this is true, the shanks are great (my favorite aspect of a ring). Not a great modern day depiction of the logo on the face. The blue is too thin. Gives the ring a retro look, but I don't think that's a good thing. 

IMG_2447.JPG