CCSLC Championship Ring Thread

2 hours ago, Brandon9485 said:

USC Rose Bowl ring ✌️

I really like the trophies on the shank. Visible dig at UCLA putting the Victory Bell in the center? 

IMG_2468.JPG

Seems like this is a popular ring design all made by Jostens. They have used this same basic mold to make rings for Alabama and FSU in recent years. Here is the new 2016 Oklahoma Sooners Big XII Championship rings that the team just got a few days ago.   

Oklahoma 2016 Big XII Champs.jpg

On 4/12/2017 at 5:48 PM, Cujo said:

A ring players will never wear in public

I wouldn't be so sure about that. In my years of covering sports, I've run across a lot of ex-players that proudly wear their MLB league championship rings. It was usually guys who are coaching or scouting in the minors. I've even seen ex-players wearing their AAA championship rings. Hell, back in the 80's Tony LaRussa was wearing his Oakland AL Champs ring on the cover of SI. You'd be surprised by how many football players wear NFL conference title rings or college conference and bowl championship rings. My guess is you don't see many players wearing that type of ring while they're still playing, but once their career is over, why the hell not? An AL Champions ring is still a ring you got while playing professional baseball. It's not like everyone has one. 

• Like 2

BB52Big.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Anyone want to discuss these championship rings from Super Bowl XLIII?

Continuing my slow but steady comments and pictures of Super Bowl rings from a particular game here are the Rings from Super Bowl XLIII.

The ring on the left is the Pittsburgh Steelers most current Super Bowl Ring from their 2008 season.  The Steelers with this championship ring, become the only NFL team to have won six Super Bowl rings.  This beautiful and gigantic championship ring was designed and manufactured by Jostens and it's substantially larger and heavier than the team's Super Bowl ring from just three seasons earlier.

The 2008 Super Bowl ring  is made of solid 14K yellow gold (I miss the days when championship rings were made in this color) and the player version weighs an incredible 105 grams.

The team that loses the Super Bowl is recognized as a champion of their respective conference and are awarded championship rings too. The Arizona Cardinals ring shown above is about half the size and weight of the Steelers Super Bowl ring.

The Cardinals 2008 NFC championship ring is a very nice diamond-loaded championship ring.  It weighs in at 53 grams and was made in solid 10K white gold by Jostens.

sb43c.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Grambling State Football Team Gets Championship Rings

If Grambling’s newest Championship Rings look familiar, it’s because their design was probably made from a modified mold of the Ravens Super Bowl XLVII rings.

2016 Grambling State National Championship Rings

After an outstanding 2016 football season culminating in a National Championship, the Gambling State University football team has been awarded their 2016 Championship rings.

As you can see from the photos above, Grambling’s stunning championship ring shares the same design characteristics as the Ravens second Super Bowl Ring.

As we’ve witnessed over the last decade or two, Jostens does reuse their championship ring molds and designs for newer championship rings. While a player’s Super Bowl ring is made of solid gold and authentic diamonds, a college or high school championship ring isn’t.

That means that huge High School and College championship rings can rival the size, style, and bling of a Super Bowl ring, at a tiny fraction of the cost.

While a player Super Bowl ring could cost $30,000 to craft each one, a run of 60 championship rings or more on the College level (think about the staff that’s included too and it could be more than 60 rings) would be around $30,000 for the entire run.

On 5/26/2017 at 5:54 AM, sports-rings.com said:

Grambling State Football Team Gets Championship Rings

If Grambling’s newest Championship Rings look familiar, it’s because their design was probably made from a modified mold of the Ravens Super Bowl XLVII rings.

2016 Grambling State National Championship Rings

After an outstanding 2016 football season culminating in a National Championship, the Gambling State University football team has been awarded their 2016 Championship rings.

As you can see from the photos above, Grambling’s stunning championship ring shares the same design characteristics as the Ravens second Super Bowl Ring.

As we’ve witnessed over the last decade or two, Jostens does reuse their championship ring molds and designs for newer championship rings. While a player’s Super Bowl ring is made of solid gold and authentic diamonds, a college or high school championship ring isn’t.

That means that huge High School and College championship rings can rival the size, style, and bling of a Super Bowl ring, at a tiny fraction of the cost.

While a player Super Bowl ring could cost $30,000 to craft each one, a run of 60 championship rings or more on the College level (think about the staff that’s included too and it could be more than 60 rings) would be around $30,000 for the entire run.

A team set of college rings would typically be in the  ballpark of 150 rings.. Usually 125-ish players, plus staff, etc.. Also, the NCAA caps the amount each ring can cost.. I was told by our ring rep that Alabama's $367 national championship rings were the max.. I know it's in the $350 range though

The 2016 Los Angeles Sparks 2016 WNBA Championship Rings

Seeing this stunning Championship Ring was love at first sight as it’s design is absolutely magnificent:

2016 Los Angeles Sparks 2016 Championship Rings

2016 Sparks Championship Rings

Here are some details:

• The championship ring was made by Baron Championship Rings, not Jostens.

• The 10 diamonds located at the bottom of the ring (see lower right photograph) represent the 10 days it took to purchase the team.

• The Team slogans “We Are” and “We Rise” are stamped inside each ring

• The 20th season logo and the LA Skyline and Season Record are etched on one side of the championship ring

• There are 20 diamonds that represent 20 years of Sparks Basketball

• Four Purple Stones Represent 4 Western Conference Championships

• The championship ring also shows the LA Skyline and the Staples Center, Galen Center, and the Hollywood Hills

• The championship ring contains 3 black diamonds that represent the 3 WNBA championship titles the team has earned

• One large diamond is on the side of the ring that represents the 2016 WNBA championship

• The championship ring contains over 80 grams of solid gold and over 2 carats of real diamonds

• The championship ring comes with a wood presentation box with custom etching and engraving

Here’s a Link to the Barons video that shows the making of this magnificent championship ring:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFOXlf90A2E

• Like 2

Did anyone else who saw the Dr. J NBA Finals promo spot on ABC notice anything strange when he is shown putting on what looks to be his 1983 Philadelphia 76ers  NBA Championship Ring.

For those who don’t know what I mean back in November of 2011 Dr J sold a large amount of his personal Basketball treasures through SCP Auctions.  They said more than 140 items from Julius Erving's personal collection sold for a record $3.5 million.   Among the highlights: His 1974 New Jersey Nets ABA championship ring sold for $460,471; 1983 Philadelphia 76ers championship rings sold for $244,240; 1983 All-Star game MVP trophy ($115,242); final game worn jersey from May 3, 1987 ($88,826); and 1974-75 ABA MVP trophy ($173,10).

SCP said the Nets championship ring set a World Record price for a sports ring.

So the question that comes to mind is in the ad is that really Dr J’s real one and only 1983 NBA Ring?? Chances are NO since he sold it for $244,240.  Now it could be an extra that he had made or the one that he sold at auction was the duplicate and either way the guy who bought the ring is going to be asking or calling SCP on Monday asking whats going on here if he bought Dr. J’s one and only ring why is he shown in the promo with his so called ring??  Now there is one more explanation and that could be they either borrowed someone else’s 1983 ring or Balfour made a quick sample of the ring since they made the original one back in 1983.   

Lastly the more ironic thing happens at the end of the promo spot after he puts on this 1983 ring he says.  “You either have a ring or you don’t”  Even though Dr J won a ring in 1983 he might not actually or should not have it anymore. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10nydAy5szk

3 hours ago, Championship Sports Rings said:

Did anyone else who saw the Dr. J NBA Finals promo spot on ABC notice anything strange when he is shown putting on what looks to be his 1983 Philadelphia 76ers  NBA Championship Ring.

For those who don’t know what I mean back in November of 2011 Dr J sold a large amount of his personal Basketball treasures through SCP Auctions.  They said more than 140 items from Julius Erving's personal collection sold for a record $3.5 million.   Among the highlights: His 1974 New Jersey Nets ABA championship ring sold for $460,471; 1983 Philadelphia 76ers championship rings sold for $244,240; 1983 All-Star game MVP trophy ($115,242); final game worn jersey from May 3, 1987 ($88,826); and 1974-75 ABA MVP trophy ($173,10).

SCP said the Nets championship ring set a World Record price for a sports ring.

So the question that comes to mind is in the ad is that really Dr J’s real one and only 1983 NBA Ring?? Chances are NO since he sold it for $244,240.  Now it could be an extra that he had made or the one that he sold at auction was the duplicate and either way the guy who bought the ring is going to be asking or calling SCP on Monday asking whats going on here if he bought Dr. J’s one and only ring why is he shown in the promo with his so called ring??  Now there is one more explanation and that could be they either borrowed someone else’s 1983 ring or Balfour made a quick sample of the ring since they made the original one back in 1983.   

Lastly the more ironic thing happens at the end of the promo spot after he puts on this 1983 ring he says.  “You either have a ring or you don’t”  Even though Dr J won a ring in 1983 he might not actually or should not have it anymore. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10nydAy5szk

Great observation and thanks for mentioning this.  May i report on this on my blog?  Please let me know.  I will give you full credit for your findings.  thanks!