CCSLC Championship Ring Thread

On 3/19/2022 at 8:36 PM, CrimsonBull9584 said:

In my personal life there seems to be a lot of debate and I'm tired of having to defend myself,

There is nothing for you to defend. If someone doesn't like your ring or how you got it, that's on them. The team decides who gets rings. People who have a problem with that should take it up with the team.

• Like 1

BB52Big.jpg

On 3/19/2022 at 7:36 PM, CrimsonBull9584 said:

I'm curious on everyone's opinions on what a championship ring represents. As someone who has four, I get into "debates" with people all the time regarding the legitimacy of my ownership of these rings.

What it comes down to, and the question I ask, is what the ring represents. To me, it's a culmination of hard work throughout the year/season that results in a ring as a reward for that hard work (besides the paycheck). What seems to be lost to some is 1) Who should get the ring and 2) what you get it for. The first issue comes up in the role. Some argue that only players and coaches deserve rings and not staff or students that work for the team. And the second issue is in regard to why you receive it. That rings are only given if you participated in all events. For example, let's say you're a staff member or player and you've been doing your job all year. Bowl season comes and you can't make the game, (sickness, injury, whatever) and the team wins. Well some people feel that if you don't actually attend/work/play that game, then you don't get the ring, because the ring is for just that one game. But again, I counter that a ring is representative of the whole season.

In my personal life there seems to be a lot of debate and I'm tired of having to defend myself, but I know that if the teams I worked for didn't value me as a member of the team, that I would't have them to begin with.

Still, I want to know what everyone here thinks.

If you really are getting into debates with people about having a ring, can I ask how these debates get started? I just can’t see many people caring that much. If you work for the team, that kind of explains your ownership and that’s all you have to say. 

• 3 weeks later...
22 hours ago, Cujo said:

No player will ever wear this in public. Essentially a participation trophy. Such a waste.

Am I missing some context? I mean, first, how many players actually wear championship rings outside of special functions anyway? Most people just put them in display case or safe. Second, "participation trophy"? Isn't winning the AL the same as winning the AFC or something? What am I missing?

42 minutes ago, CrimsonBull9584 said:

Am I missing some context? I mean, first, how many players actually wear championship rings outside of special functions anyway? Most people just put them in display case or safe. Second, "participation trophy"? Isn't winning the AL the same as winning the AFC or something? What am I missing?

Yes, most players won’t wear their ring in public regardless. They’re really big and can’t be comfortable to wear. While I understand @Cujo’s view on “2nd Place Rings,” MLB and the NFL have a long history of giving out rings to the championship runner up since the American League and National League once operated independently of each other as so did the NFL and AFL. To each their own. I’m still interested in seeing what gets released. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, BC985 said:

Yes, most players won’t wear their ring in public regardless. They’re really big and can’t be comfortable to wear. While I understand @Cujo’s view on “2nd Place Rings,” MLB and the NFL have a long history of giving out rings to the championship runner up since the American League and National League once operated independently of each other as so did the NFL and AFL. To each their own. I’m still interested in seeing what gets released. 

Spend some time covering Minor League Baseball and you'll see people who wear them all the time. I used to cover the Syracuse Chiefs and Auburn Doubledays. I saw plenty of ex-players, coaches, scouts, etc., who wore their "2nd place" MLB league championship rings.

• Like 1

BB52Big.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Jostens hasnt gotten to make a Super Bowl Ring since the 2019 football season when they made the Chiefs Ring.   2 years in a row they have lost out to Jason to do the Super Bowl Ring.  Jostens will most likely not get to make the new Golden State Ring this year so I guess Jason should be taken serious in the Championship Ring game.  His rings clearly has gotten a lot better since the early days when he first made the Lakers rings that I wasnt really a big fan of but his rings as of late are pretty Big but the sides of the rings are a bit off as the Rams and Tampa Bay sides were very similar.