CCSLC Championship Ring Thread

We're starting to approach rec league soccer in terms of everyone gets a prize here. Rings for making a conference championship game? No wonder we're constantly hearing about players selling their rings.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Well, the Packers have at least picked a ring company. The design might take awhile, seeing as how the team wanted player input...but a re-instated NFL lockout means teams are forbidden from even asking 'em.

Meanwhile, I'm like THIS CLOSE to picking up one of these bad boys.

gI_61128_green-bay-winners-ring.png

(EDIT: Couldn't help myself. After a month of dithering, I pulled the trigger. Hope I'm not a complete douche...but I did shoot sideline video of every playoff game and Super Bowl XLV.)

You might want to send it back - the Packers have announced that as part of their Super Bowl ring with Josten's they'll be offering "exclusive collections made for shareholders, season-ticket holders and a fan collection" starting in mid-summer. So you can have that one, or wait for an official version.

Me, I'm looking forward to picking up a shareholder's ring.

Hmmm...looking forward to seeing the design on that one. Wonder if it'll have personalization like my new one will. Of course, if more people order the Jostens fan version that this Bradford Exchange version I've got coming, mine'll look different...and I dig that.

Now on Facebook. And Twitter.

Why the hell does the Auburn ring have the Lombardi trophy on it?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Our society of rewarding mediocrity has resulted in Oklahoma State and Missouri (and probably A&M) Divisional Champ Rings.

Really? 5/12ths of the Big XII was a "divisional champ." That's nearly 50% of the whole damn conference. And as a Husker fan, I choose not to recognize our "half claim" in 2008 - Missouri won the division fair and square.

Unless you play in your conference title game, you don't deserve a half-claim to the division.

What's next? Auburn gets a ring for winning the Iron Bowl?

Fail.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Well, the Packers have at least picked a ring company. The design might take awhile, seeing as how the team wanted player input...but a re-instated NFL lockout means teams are forbidden from even asking 'em.

Meanwhile, I'm like THIS CLOSE to picking up one of these bad boys.

gI_61128_green-bay-winners-ring.png

(EDIT: Couldn't help myself. After a month of dithering, I pulled the trigger. Hope I'm not a complete douche...but I did shoot sideline video of every playoff game and Super Bowl XLV.)

You might want to send it back - the Packers have announced that as part of their Super Bowl ring with Josten's they'll be offering "exclusive collections made for shareholders, season-ticket holders and a fan collection" starting in mid-summer. So you can have that one, or wait for an official version.

Me, I'm looking forward to picking up a shareholder's ring.

Hmmm...looking forward to seeing the design on that one. Wonder if it'll have personalization like my new one will. Of course, if more people order the Jostens fan version that this Bradford Exchange version I've got coming, mine'll look different...and I dig that.

To each his own, but isn't part of the point that they don't look different? That they come from the team? Otherwise players could just have their own rings made.