CCSLC Championship Ring Thread

3 rings for 1 season?

A conference ring and a National Title right seems like a bit of over kill. But a National Title and BCS ring?

yeah every team that wins the national gets all three since the start of the BCS

t.jpg

Part owner in the Green Bay Packers

Wouldn't that be like the Bruins getting an Eastern Conference title ring, a Stanley Cup ring and a NHL Champions ring? lol

Pretty much, or the packers getting a NFC, super bowl and nfl ring. That just means more rings that the college kids will sell... :P

t.jpg

Yes, it would. Seems very silly.

The Packers aren't getting 2010 NFC Champions rings. Why would they?

yeah thats the point we're making, why get a BCS ring and a national champs ring.

Hey Gothamite got a question for you shoot me a PM when you get a chance.

t.jpg

3 rings for 1 season?

A conference ring and a National Title right seems like a bit of over kill. But a National Title and BCS ring?

yeah every team that wins the national gets all three since the start of the BCS

I am not a ring-follower, but I don't think that's correct.

3 rings for 1 season?

I am not a ring-follower, but I don't think that's correct.

yes it is, Alabama got the same thing.

alabama-rings.jpg

t.jpg

I was wondering when auburns rings where coming..I like the SEC ring..but why does the national championship ring have the Lombardi trophy on it? It looks a lot like the Patroits ring :bonk:

ImgDyn.jpg

and their SEC ring looks alot like Texas' NC ring:

bling.jpg

So Jostans ran out of ideas I guess.

It would appear that way. While I can see, with all the rings they design, that there will be similar elements, the Auburn National Champ ring is downright lazy...To not only use the Pats design, but to have what looks like the Lombardi Trophy?

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

HOLY CRAP! They are HUGE! Does it still classify as a ring if they weigh 4 lbs, have more diamonds than Africa, and cover your whole finger. I now understand why they always sell them...

"Classic" does not mean it gets a free pass for being bad design.

6624288275_95c33d4680_z.jpg

HOLY CRAP! They are HUGE! Does it still classify as a ring if they weigh 4 lbs, have more diamonds than Africa, and cover your whole finger. I now understand why they always sell them...

THose diamonds are fake and most the time the ring isn't real gold

t.jpg

THose diamonds are fake and most the time the ring isn't real gold

Ok here are some facts about the NCAA BCS National Champs Rings

NCAA gives out the White Gold/Silver BCS National Championship Ring to the players the schools do not pay for them. The overall look of the BCS ring has not changed since they started to make BCS Rings. Its basically the same looking ring every year.

Its basically a free ring the players get. The schools give out a National Championship ring called the School Version and gives out a conference ring. The NCAA Gives out a similar Final Four Ring to all of the teams that make it to the Final Four and it looks basically the same too every year. They even give out a NCAA National Champs Ring that is not to be confused with the School Version Ring as the schools will make and give out a separate Basketball National Champs Ring too.

The BCS started in 1998 and the NCAA started only giving out the BCS Rings in 2002 with Ohio State. Since 2002 and through 2005 the Players only got 2 Rings the BCS National Champs Rings and the School Version of the National Champs Rings. Prior to 2002 the Schools gave out a National Champs ring and a Conference Ring or at least in most years they did. In 2006 with Florida it was the first year that the schools were allowed to give out a conference ring along with a school version of the National champs ring. So even though since 2006 the players get 3 rings the school only pays for 2 and the NCAA gives out the BCS Ring.

Starting in 2005 the BCS ring is a new larger size and the same size as it is today. The BCS Rings from 2002 to 2004 are smaller. Starting in 2006 the winning school got to change the top of the ring a bit and they now give the school a choice to change the stone color. From 2002 to 2005 the top of the rings were exactly the same with a black stone with a gray/silver #1 on top of that. BCS rings are normally given out to Players and coaches only. From 2002 to 2006 the BCS rings were 10K White Gold and since 2007 to the present the BCS Rings are made of a silver material not gold. All of the BCS Rings are made by Jostens.

I have owned almost every BCS Ring from 2002 to the present so I know quite a bit about the BCS and National Champ Rings.

www.ChampionshipSportsRings.com

3544769_org.jpgHere is a photo of my 2002 Ohio State National Champions Ring and 2002 BCS National Champs Ring. This was the first year that the NCAA Gave out a BCS Ring. These are the only 2 Rings that the players and staff got that year. Notice that on the School Version they school put on the top Big Ten, Fiesta Bowl and National Champions on the Ring. NO separate Big Ten Was allowed to be given out this year since the players got a bonus BCS Ring. But the school only still paid for 1 Ring. The NCAA thought the players didnt need to have 3 separate Rings thus a higher gift value to the players. But in 2006 the NCAA allowed the schools to give players 3 Rings even though the schools paid for 2 of them. In 2006 only the BCS and School National Champs rings were 10K gold. The SEC Ring was non gold. So this was prob how the NCAA allowed the school to give out a bonus Ring. Normally there is a cap on how much of a gift you can give a player. Now since ALL Rings now given out are not 10K the players dont get materially 3 10k gold Rings so this is why the NCAA allows 3 rings now.

www.ChampionshipSportsRings.com

As I'm apparently the only Green Bay Packers shareholder here on the CCSLC, and having just finished doing so for another member here, I thought I'd extend an offer to you guys.

I was asked to acquire some "shareholder exclusive" Packer championship merchandise for a CCSLC'er. Half-jokingly I said I'd do so in exchange for him buying me a similar (albeit significantly less expensive) piece, and surprisingly, he agreed. We've subsequently made the order, and hopefully as a result we'll both have nice, customized Green Bay Packer championship rings as a result.

I was leery to conduct this transaction, but now that I've found how easy doing so actually proved to be, I'd like to extend this offer to anyone who wants to acquire some "shareholder exclusive" Packer championship merchandise... as I see some other "swag" which I wouldn't mind having. :)

We could work out the particulars of the transaction via PM, but all I'd ask for in return is that (i) you purchase an item of equal or lesser cost for me, and then (ii) when you receive it, you actually send it my way. I would generate no profit from these purchases (only the free swag), and as I value my reputation on the CCSLC far more than I would your money, you could rest assured that doing so would be an "up and up" transaction.

So if you're interested, check out the shareholder Super Bowl XLV merchandise section of Packers.com, then PM me and we could get the process going!

nav-logo.png