CCSLC Championship Ring Thread

If you fellas don't mind me asking what did those rings cost?

Shareholder rings start at $399 for White Lustrium® and cubic zirconia, and go up to $2400 for 10k white gold and diamonds.

yup, there's 4 different options. Mine was kinda expensive :grin:

t.jpg

Part owner in the Green Bay Packers

Mac, I'm not sure it's particularly cool to be selling shareholder rings.

(1) They aren't sold at a profit by me. I'm not looking to make a buck off of them (though, in theory, I could). The only benefit I ask is that, in exchange for my access, they purchase on my behalf a lesser-valued item. So I guess I'm prostituting myself more than anything else. LOL

(2) I'm not making any misrepresentations; I'm a shareholder. I'm not claiming that anyone else is. If someone buys a shareholder ring and they're not a shareholder, well, that's on them.

(3) There is nothing in the Articles of Incorporation nor Bylaws of Green Bay Packers, Inc. that would prevent me from profiting through transactions such as these; I'm prohibited from making money on the sale of the shares (in fact, I can't sell them at all), I'm prohibited from gambling on professional football, and I'm bound by appropriate laws not to infringe on the Packers logos and marks (as is true with anyone else). What I'm offering to do in no way violates the law of any state, nor the aforementioned documents/covenants.

(4) If someone does make such a claim, how does that benefit/harm anyone making such a misrepresentation?

nav-logo.png

Come now. While you may not be passing others off as shareholders, you are facilitating the claim. It is disingenuous to suggest otherwise.

And I never claimed you were making a profit. I've seen your ad before; I know you're looking to break even at best with a barter. Nor did I claim that you were violating any rules or bylaws.

My choice of words was deliberate. While it may not be illegal or prohibited, I'm not sure that it's particularly cool to do so. We paid for our shares, and therefore the right to certain (precious few) benefits that accompany them. Selling those benefits to others just seems... wrong.

But perhaps that's all just me. Frankly, I hesitated mentioning it in the past, and only through repeated observances thought it merited at least a quick note. I don't think I need mention it again.

Come now. While you may not be passing others off as shareholders, you are facilitating the claim. It is disingenuous to suggest otherwise.

And I never claimed you were making a profit. I've seen your ad before; I know you're looking to break even at best with a barter. Nor did I claim that you were violating any rules or bylaws.

My choice of words was deliberate. While it may not be illegal or prohibited, I'm not sure that it's particularly cool to do so. We paid for our shares, and therefore the right to certain (precious few) benefits that accompany them. Selling those benefits to others just seems... wrong.

But perhaps that's all just me. Frankly, I hesitated mentioning it in the past, and only through repeated observances thought it merited at least a quick note. I don't think I need mention it again.

Nah, I understand; to most Packer fan/shareholders, I suspect it might.

I just don't place the same sacrosanctity (whether that's a word or not, I'm using it) on holding shares in the Packers as others do. Most folks bought their share(s) because they were fans; others are such fans that they wish they were shareholders, I guess. I bought mine for other purposes (not that this was among them) and don't place the level of personal prestige, if you will, or value in that holding as true fans of the team do (at least as evidenced by the Packers shareholder site on FB; some of those people are downright scary).

That said, my investment has paid off quite handsomely, and well before Super Bowl XLV. The amount of information I've obtained about the NFL, its teams, its business units and its operating practices has, at least IMHO, provided a return well beyond the $200/share I paid 14 years ago.

nav-logo.png

Am I alone in thinking it's dumb to celebrate an NL/AL Championship? IMO it would serve as a reminder that the players/team lost in the WS, nit won in the LCS.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Am I alone in thinking it's dumb to celebrate an NL/AL Championship? IMO it would serve as a reminder that the players/team lost in the WS, nit won in the LCS.

In all other sports I agree with you (I don't want to hear anything about "winning" the 1997 NFC championship), but baseball is different.

Because of the history, the historical nature of the leagues, winning a pennant is a major goal in and of itself. Not the ultimate goal, but still a very significant one, and one worthy of celebrating.

To add my 2cents to this. I see where both of you are coming from, but to that point if your going to try and hang mac then you have to hang EVERY player or coach who has ever sold their championship ring. We all know that every day players are selling their rings. Just look at my collection. I understand that being a shareholder is an elite club, but mac's not the first person to sell a shareholders ring. I have one from 1996, bought it off craigslist from a shareholder. Also I have a Board of Directors ring AND a 1997 Packers NFC championship ring. So are those people horrible people? No they were people who either needed the money or didn't wear the ring so wanted someone else to enjoy it. I don't go out and claim I'm a shareholder. I don't claim that I played on any of the teams that I have rings for, if someone askes I tell them that I collect rings.

But I am a die hard packer fan! Got the helmet tattooed on me and went to every playoff game including the super bowl this past year. I can't help it that the packers offered stock when i was only 13. If they would change their rules about people who have stock being able to sell it then i would be a shareholder. But once you buy stock it's yours for live which I disagree with. In my opinion if your a shareholder and want to sell your stock, the Packers should buy it back then resell it. That way the seller can't rape you for it, and the pack can still keep track of who is a shareholder. Just my 2 cents, also gothamite I like the blog you got keep up the good work!

t.jpg

In all other sports I agree with you (I don't want to hear anything about "winning" the 1997 NFC championship), but baseball is different.

Because of the history, the historical nature of the leagues, winning a pennant is a major goal in and of itself. Not the ultimate goal, but still a very significant one, and one worthy of celebrating.

I guess that since they still are 2 different leagues, it would make sense (and thus why they hang a banner/pennant), but I agree that it would be dumb to celebrate "Western Conference Champions" or something like that.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Thanks for the kind words.

To add my 2cents to this. I see where both of you are coming from, but to that point if your going to try and hang mac then you have to hang EVERY player or coach who has ever sold their championship ring.

I don't think the two situations are analogous at all.

Unless there are players who are ordering extra rings specifically to sell on the secondary market.

I don't begrudge anyone selling their own property. If Mac, or Aaron Rodgers, or the pro shop day shift manager wants to sell their own ring, that's their business. I'm only objecting to him setting up a little cottage industry selling first-run rings to people not entitled to order them on their own.

Thanks for the kind words.

To add my 2cents to this. I see where both of you are coming from, but to that point if your going to try and hang mac then you have to hang EVERY player or coach who has ever sold their championship ring.

I don't think the two situations are analogous at all.

Unless there are players who are ordering extra rings specifically to sell on the secondary market.

I don't begrudge anyone selling their own property. If Mac, or Aaron Rodgers, or the pro shop day shift manager wants to sell their own ring, that's their business. I'm only objecting to him setting up a little cottage industry selling first-run rings to people not entitled to order them on their own.

Ah but many players have done that, Look into Nebraska ring scandal

t.jpg