CCSLC Championship Ring Thread

Didn't see this posted here, 1973 WHA Whalers:

0130CSCP1011_med.jpeg

World Champions? World?

^And a division championship ring? Really?

Well, it was the World Hockey Association.

They weren't even the best league on the continent. In fact they say even the Soviet league was far superior to the WHA.

• 2 weeks later...

Am I alone in thinking it's dumb to celebrate an NL/AL Championship? IMO it would serve as a reminder that the players/team lost in the WS, nit won in the LCS.

Not dumb, but I don't agree. Hell aren't there teams in the past that used to do Division Championship rings?

I'm all for celebrating if you win something.

NCFA-FCS/CBB: Minnesota A&M | RANZBA (OOTP): Auckland Warriors | USA: Front Range United | IFA: Toverit Helsinki | FOBL: Kentucky Juggernaut

Minnesota A&M 2012 National Champions 2013 National Finalist, 2014 National Semi-finals 2012, 2013, 2014 Big 4 Conference Champions

I agree, winning the the pennant is a big deal and should be celebrated. There were 16 teams in all of MLB until 1961, now there are 16 teams in the NL alone (until the Astros defect to the AL).

Right after I wrote that, someone reminded me that these still are two different leagues with their own distinct histories (even though that's been somewhat conflated in recent years), and thus it should be celebrated when you are crowned league champion. For that reason, I've changed my mind on that.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...