CCSLC Championship Ring Thread

Infrared I never mentioned anything about a contest. You said "I've always wanted a World Series ring" so I said you can have one it just takes some doings (time,money). Then you went off in a fit of anger for no reason. If you really want a WS ring save up and get one. I'm not wealthy by any means. All my rings I have to save up for and buy. I currently have a fund that I put money into in the hopes that one day a Packers Super Bowl ring comes my way. Until then I'll keep socking money away incase. Since your a Packer fan you'll enjoy my newest ring I just got yesterday.

DEFD10D4-EFC7-43FD-9B16-411DB9ED394C-6108-00000639C119D9C6.jpg

3EF81A9C-E144-4B7C-AFDE-6C93ED1E624B-6108-00000639C7EC4207.jpg

t.jpg

Part owner in the Green Bay Packers

Infrared I never mentioned anything about a contest. You said "I've always wanted a World Series ring" so I said you can have one it just takes some doings (time,money). Then you went off in a fit of anger for no reason. If you really want a WS ring save up and get one. I'm not wealthy by any means. All my rings I have to save up for and buy. I currently have a fund that I put money into in the hopes that one day a Packers Super Bowl ring comes my way. Until then I'll keep socking money away incase. Since your a Packer fan you'll enjoy my newest ring I just got yesterday.

3EF81A9C-E144-4B7C-AFDE-6C93ED1E624B-6108-00000639C7EC4207.jpg

First off, I already have a World Series ring. Second, "fit of anger?" I wasn't angry at all. Annoyed maybe, but not angry. That aside, I think you misunderstood what I meant. When I said I always wanted a World Series ring, I meant that I wanted one with my name on it etc. As in I wished I would have made the big leagues and won one. My ring is as close as I'll ever get to that. The point I was trying to make was that my GF bought me the ring because she thought I would like it. She wanted me to have a World Series ring with my name on it. (God knows she's heard me talk about my failed baseball career more than anyone should have to.) I thought that was a pretty cool thing for her to do. That's what I meant when I said my ring "means something." Whether you meant to or not, it came across like you were trying to show off and belittle my ring by flaunting your "real" rings. Apologies for any misunderstanding.

With regard to buying one like the ones you have, I appreciate the advice, but the money isn't the issue. If I want one I'll just buy one. I think I'd rather wait until the Packers deliver another Super Bowl so I can buy a shareholders ring - with my name on it. B)

Anyway, that's another nice addition to your collection. Do you ever wear any of them? Also, of the rings you have, how many are actual players rings and how many are staff and salesman samples?

BB52Big.jpg

Nice rendition of the 1968 New York Jets championship ring there.

I have in total five rings, none of which I wear very much if ever anymore... all three of the Raiders Super Bowl rings (acquired as part of a bankruptcy proceeding; he knows I have them, and he has a standing offer that if he wants/is able, he can buy them back from me, at my cost), a 49'ers ring from Super Bowl XXIII (the only one of their four I actually like, and IMHO among the nicest SB rings made to date), and a Packers 'shareholders' ring, identical in appearance to ridenlow's.

Of the more 'modern' championship rings, I've not really seen any that make me want them. If the Pirates or Indians ever win another World Series, I'll probably flag down someone I know in their front office's and put a mortgage on my house to get one of their rings (the Indians AL title ring from '97 I believe - the one shaped like home plate - is the closest I've come to buying a WS ring).

nav-logo.png

• 2 months later...

Norfolk Admirals 2012 Calder Cup ring. The weird thing is that the team that won the Cup is now the Syracuse Crunch. The raised a banner in Norfolk for the team, but none of the players were on the Calder Cup team.

ads_ring_644x364.jpg

Welcome to the minor leagues; I'm sure that's not the first time it's happened.

You get a ring for the :censored:ing Music city bowl? Stupid.

How much are these rings worth, by the way? They can't be worth that much, if players get them.

Teams get a ring for every bowl game they win. Doesn't matter what the bowl is. You may thinks its stupid but to the player who busted their @$$ to get it, it's not.

t.jpg

Part owner in the Green Bay Packers

I'd rather get a ring from there than one from the...

- "Little Caesars Hot-and-Ready Pizza Bowl,"

or the

- "Buffalo Wild Wings Tangy Sauce Bowl,"

or the

- "Meineke Car Care and Oil Change Bowl,"

or the

- "Overdraft Fee Credit Union Poinsettia Bowl."

Man has corporate sponsorship ruined college football's bowl season.

I'd rather get a ring from there than one from the...

- "Little Caesars Hot-and-Ready Pizza Bowl,"

or the

- "Buffalo Wild Wings Tangy Sauce Bowl,"

or the

- "Meineke Car Care and Oil Change Bowl,"

or the

- "Overdraft Fee Credit Union Poinsettia Bowl."

Man has corporate sponsorship ruined college football's bowl season.

Beef o' Brady's Bowl St. Petersburg

TaxSlayer.com Gator Bowl

GoDaddy.com Bowl

etc.

sport-scarf_reds_zpsbb317600.png