CCSLC Championship Ring Thread

Thanks Dralec for your kind words!

What's amazing about this hobby is that unlike baseball cards, you can't go out and buy a 500 page book, read it and become an expert on the subject. There is so little published information on this hobby. I spend hours each week researching rings and compiling my information in my own database.

The pictures and contributions on this board are amazing, I hope to be able to contribute to this group.

Not sure if you and others know, but Jostens will probably create fan rings again for the heat. This is a new trend that the Packers, Heat, SF Giants have offered over the last few years. If you are on a budget you can get a non-gold and cz version ring, or if you wish to spend some money, you can get a solid gold and diamond ring. I would say these rings are comparable to "B" version rings. And best of all, your last name can be displayed on the shank.

Here are two gold and diamond versions I own, with my name on the shank, ordered directly from Jostens:

Please note the pictures are not to scale, the Packers ring is about 25% larger than the Giants ring.

customjos.jpg

Yeah the Packers shareholders ring that's pictured above is massive!! I have people stopping and asking me all the time about mine. Even at Packer games people want to see it

t.jpg

Part owner in the Green Bay Packers

Great ring, congratulations for owning it! Hats off to Jostens and to the professional teams that let fans (and shareholders) get these amazing items. I forget which college, but one college took some heat recently as they allowed fans to get the exact championship ring the players received. This was done as a fundraiser. It was not a major college team as I recall.

What's amazing about this hobby is that unlike baseball cards, you can't go out and buy a 500 page book, read it and become an expert on the subject. There is so little published information on this hobby. I spend hours each week researching rings and compiling my information in my own database.

The pictures and contributions on this board are amazing, I hope to be able to contribute to this group.

Not sure if you and others know, but Jostens will probably create fan rings again for the heat. This is a new trend that the Packers, Heat, SF Giants have offered over the last few years. If you are on a budget you can get a non-gold and cz version ring, or if you wish to spend some money, you can get a solid gold and diamond ring. I would say these rings are comparable to "B" version rings. And best of all, your last name can be displayed on the shank.

Here are two gold and diamond versions I own, with my name on the shank, ordered directly from Jostens:

Please note the pictures are not to scale, the Packers ring is about 25% larger than the Giants ring.

customjos.jpg

Yeah the Packers shareholders ring that's pictured above is massive!! I have people stopping and asking me all the time about mine. Even at Packer games people want to see it

. Did you go for the real gold or the jeweler's metal? If you got the jeweler's metal does it look good?

noutep2-med.gifnmst2-med.gifnmst1-med.gifnonmex-med.gif

Go Aggies!

customjos.jpg

. Did you go for the real gold or the jeweler's metal? If you got the jeweler's metal does it look good?
Yeah real gold real diamonds

DSCN0366.jpg

t.jpg

I have a Cardinals World Series ring like that.

BB52Big.jpg

Sports-rings.com:

What is the deal with the 1997 Denver Broncos super bowl ring? Why does it look like a really bad fake ring? It looks like a really poor quality handmade ring.

I think it was made by DCI. In comparison 1998 ring is made by Jostens and it is flawless craftsmanship.

Thanks in advance and really enjoyed your blog on the Steelers watch.

Sports-rings.com:

What is the deal with the 1997 Denver Broncos super bowl ring? Why does it look like a really bad fake ring? It looks like a really poor quality handmade ring.

I think it was made by DCI. In comparison 1998 ring is made by Jostens and it is flawless craftsmanship.

Thanks in advance and really enjoyed your blog on the Steelers watch.

Yes, the 1997 ring was made by Diamond Cutters International (DCI). I agree, the ring looks awful. The top looks better than the shanks. The shanks are awful and the only engraving inside the ring is a "14K". It is very challenging to tell a real from a fake. I agree the 1998 ring is much nicer. It really shows the difference between a quality ring manufacturer and DCI.

The only other super bowl ring that can be similary criticized is the Cowboys Super Bowl XXX ring, made by Diamond Masters. Those shanks are also of very poor quality, but nowhere as bad as the Broncos 1997 ring.

32win.jpg

33win.jpg30win.jpg

I am still surprised Steelers voted to get watches instead of AFC championship rings. Granted the last few by Jostens were basically all like, ie Carolina Panthers, AZ Cardinals, Seahawks and 2007 Patriots . However Patriots 2011 AFC ring by Herff Jones is pretty nice and I really like to 49ers ring by Tiffany.

The way I see it,"The ring is the thing", I would always take a ring over a watch.

I'm schocked too. They broke a 42 year tradition. While there's a lot of diamonds on that watch, I would rather have a ring. And probibly 1/4 of the team had turned over from superbowl 43, and half the team from superbowl 40 so many of those players were not there when they received small rings after super bowl XL.

Glad the Pats and 49ers went back to rings.

I'm schocked too. They broke a 42 year tradition. While there's a lot of diamonds on that watch, I would rather have a ring. And probibly 1/4 of the team had turned over from superbowl 43, and half the team from superbowl 40 so many of those players were not there when they received small rings after super bowl XL.

Glad the Pats and 49ers went back to rings.

I did hear that the team was so upset at losing the Super Bowl that they didn't want rings and some didn't want anything at all.

t.jpg

Correct me if I am wrong but since the 1940's major league baseball has controlled and mandated that each team that participates in the world sereis receive a winning world series ring or a league pennant ring. I am unaware of any instance where a team did not receive a ring. Football did not present runner up rings, only NFL Champions or World Champions rings prior to super bowl I. Sometime after super bowl I, the league made guidelines as to what the teams should receive.

I have never seen an NHL or NBA runner up ring, I don't believe they exist.

Mac, would you be ble to detail any other refusals other than the 1968 colts and recent Steelers teams?

thanks