CCSLC Championship Ring Thread

There's three trophies on the side of the ring

Still doesn't change my thought process behind my comment. They are making it more about LeBron and less about the franchise. There should be THREE trophies on the FRONT of the ring. If they want to make a note about LeBron or the three players coming together or whatever, then do it on the SIDE. I'm not a fan of what they did...maybe its just me.

Well it could be that most the team was there for the repeat. There's only 2 players who were there for all three championships. I remember reading an article about the 2005 steelers ring where the team only wanted to have one trophy on top the ring but Jerome Betis insisted that all trophies be on top.

t.jpg

Part owner in the Green Bay Packers

Well it could be that most the team was there for the repeat. There's only 2 players who were there for all three championships. I remember reading an article about the 2005 steelers ring where the team only wanted to have one trophy on top the ring but Jerome Betis insisted that all trophies be on top.

Then dwayne wade should have insisted on three throphies, he won 3 himself

Respect for making the heaviest/largest ring ever.

Contenders are 2009 Steelers ring, according to Jostens 3.7 OZ or 104 grams.

2004 Patriots ring, according to Jostens 4.06 or 115 grams.

Intergold did not put out official release about Marlins ring but generally a ring was reported to be around 115 grams, although years ago I saw an A ring for auction, size 11.5 weighed 104 grams.

So at 135 grams, undoubtedly largest/heaviest ring ever.

Keep in mind, Ravens ring looks huge, perhaps the largest super bowl ring dimensions wise (not heaviest) but only weighed 80 grams, this ring weighs 70% more….I wish there was a side by side picture of the 2 ring.

Armin Armutlu who owned Intergold at the time made the Marlins ring, now he is the Master Jeweler at Jostens, he would know which is the largest.

Keep in mind that 14-K gold is around 10% heavier than 10K gold. Platnium is even heavier! Some rings can be made to look bigger but weigh less than you think. Maybe they hollow out the rings or the top?

The rings have gotten way too big to even wear comfortably. Not only are they too big, but 135 grams is almost 1/3 of a pound! That's a lot of weight for a finger!

Ridenlow you are right, skipped my mind as the ring does not look that big compared to other ones but I believe as the only platinum ring it is heavier than the 10K and the 14 K rings.

yup the packers ring was the first and still the only to use platinum. I had a chance to talk to Charles Woodson once about it and he said it's so big that it gives him Calais' on the inside of his middle and pinky fingers.

t.jpg

Part owner in the Green Bay Packers

Still doesn't change my thought process behind my comment. They are making it more about LeBron and less about the franchise. There should be THREE trophies on the FRONT of the ring. If they want to make a note about LeBron or the three players coming together or whatever, then do it on the SIDE. I'm not a fan of what they did...maybe its just me.

I'm no fan of his, but I think you're wrong here. When you've got back-to-back championships, I'm okay with celebrating that on the front of the ring at the expense of all prior titles.

• Like 1

I'm no fan of his, but I think you're wrong here. When you've got back-to-back championships, I'm okay with celebrating that on the front of the ring at the expense of all prior titles.

We agree to disagree then. I feel that it should always be about the franchise on the front and the individual stories on the sides. I believe it has been that way for years and I don't know of any other professional ring that mimics this trend. I could be totally wrong, but I don't remember a team doing anything similar to this. I'm not against a team bucking the trend and creating something new. I'm just not a fan of this. It seems way too pretentious for my liking.