CCSLC Championship Ring Thread

Hey Sports-rings.com

I was on your website, did you get the NY Giants 2011 SB ring? Do you know how many grams it is?

I see a size 13, 14K ring listed at 92 grams, I don't understand how that ring can be so heavy.

It seems the same size of 2007 ring or even Colts 2006 ring which are both in 70-73 grams.

I saw a size 13, 2008 Steelers ring for 100 grams, I don't understand how could the Giants ring which looks half the size weighs only 8 grams less since both are 14K gold.

Thank you in advance.

Hey Sports-rings.com

I was on your website, did you get the NY Giants 2011 SB ring? Do you know how many grams it is?

I see a size 13, 14K ring listed at 92 grams, I don't understand how that ring can be so heavy.

It seems the same size of 2007 ring or even Colts 2006 ring which are both in 70-73 grams.

I saw a size 13, 2008 Steelers ring for 100 grams, I don't understand how could the Giants ring which looks half the size weighs only 8 grams less since both are 14K gold.

Thank you in advance.

Hi Dralec,

I wish I had a 2011 ring. Your assumptions are dead-on and I agree 100% with everything you said. I only have a pictures of the 2011 ring. The only ring I know of, that is in the market place is supposedly with Tim Robins. Did you see the ring and the weight at Tim's websight? He has the size 13 ring and lists it at 92 grams. I tried to buy the ring from Tim but as usual he played games with me. He avoided my phone calls and when I called from an unlisted number he picked up the phone. So I asked who's ring it was, he named someone from the 2007 team who did not get a 2011 ring. We had a falling out, because I emailed a lot of people I knew in the hobby and told them that Tim was avoiding my calls and wasting my time and that he has not changed from his prior days when he lied all day long.

Scott Welkowsky added that Tim probably does not have the ring and that's why he avoided my calls and emails (even though I sent like 10 emails and 10 messages) after Tim and I agreed to speak on a given day about purchasing the ring.

So, it's possible that Tim did not have the ring and had to rely on bad information. I noticed that the Giants 2007 ring and 2011 rings look similar in physical size so the 2011 ring should be around 72 grams.

Scott Welkowsky taught me that the ring makers can hollow out rings and make them physically larger, yet control the weight so perhaps Tiffany did the opposite? Perhaps they packed on more grams than usual, making for a heavier yet smaller ring?

Perhaps with some Giant players, being awarded a second ring (2007 and 1011), they wanted to avoid what happened to the Steelers when the XLIII ring dwarfed the XL ring?

Hopefully I will acquire one this year and if I do, I'm happy to share the weight with you.

Sorry, wish I knew more!

Thank you very much for the information, it makes sense they got it wrong then.

Coincidentally there is a pretty high end replica of the 2011 ring on ebay for $3700.00 and apparently they will customize it. I had never seen a good replica of that ring. If I come across the real one for sale will let you know.

Thanks again.

Thank you very much for the information, it makes sense they got it wrong then.

Coincidentally there is a pretty high end replica of the 2011 ring on ebay for $3700.00 and apparently they will customize it. I had never seen a good replica of that ring. If I come across the real one for sale will let you know.

Thanks again.

Thanks for looking for the real thing for me! My gut feeling is they did not get it wrong and it really is that heavy, but I really have no way of knowing. I saw the replica, but I thought the knockoffs from China were more realistic.

Hey Sports-rings.com

Thank you in advance.

Hi Dralec,

I wish I had a 2011 ring. Your assumptions are dead-on and I agree 100% with everything you said. I only have a pictures of the 2011 ring. The only ring I know of, that is in the market place is supposedly with Tim Robins. Did you see the ring and the weight at Tim's websight? He has the size 13 ring and lists it at 92 grams. I tried to buy the ring from Tim but as usual he played games with me. He avoided my phone calls and when I called from an unlisted number he picked up the phone. So I asked who's ring it was, he named someone from the 2007 team who did not get a 2011 ring. We had a falling out, because I emailed a lot of people I knew in the hobby and told them that Tim was avoiding my calls and wasting my time and that he has not changed from his prior days when he lied all day long.

Scott Welkowsky added that Tim probably does not have the ring and that's why he avoided my calls and emails (even though I sent like 10 emails and 10 messages) after Tim and I agreed to speak on a given day about purchasing the ring.

So, it's possible that Tim did not have the ring and had to rely on bad information. I noticed that the Giants 2007 ring and 2011 rings look similar in physical size so the 2011 ring should be around 72 grams.

Scott Welkowsky taught me that the ring makers can hollow out rings and make them physically larger, yet control the weight so perhaps Tiffany did the opposite? Perhaps they packed on more grams than usual, making for a heavier yet smaller ring?

Perhaps with some Giant players, being awarded a second ring (2007 and 1011), they wanted to avoid what happened to the Steelers when the XLIII ring dwarfed the XL ring?

Hopefully I will acquire one this year and if I do, I'm happy to share the weight with you.

Sorry, wish I knew more!

Tim Robins used to work for Scott Welkowsky.

I had not seen this ring before:

red-sox-lobshots-2013-ring.jpg

Uhhhh......wtf? Never seen that before. Is that picture a hoax by any chance? Has he been getting on of those every year or did Boston just give him one as a gift for some reason??? That is really weird.

I know POTUS usually gets rings, but not the commissioner..... Weird.

At the Baseball Hall of Fame they have a World Series Ring display and every ring has the name of the MLB Commissioner from that season on it. My guess is a ring for HOF display is made every season .

BB52Big.jpg

There is a complete set of super bowl rings at the Pro Football HOF and another complete set that's part of the traveling NFL experience that's set up in the Super Bowl host city. The NFL corporate headquarters has the 20 foot long custom display with each ring sitting on an individual platform with the corresponding roman numerals. It is a much nicer display than the HOF or NFL experience. If that wasn't enough, the display at the NFL has sliding glass magnifying glasses so the viewer can magnify any ring of their choosing.

At the Baseball Hall of Fame they have a World Series Ring display and every ring has the name of the MLB Commissioner from that season on it. My guess is a ring for HOF display is made every season .

Okay, then I understand. Thanks for clearing that up!

I really like the quote from The Eagles in your signature!

Karl.

A part owner of the Green Bay Packers

hey Sports-Rings, on the section of your website where you have images of each super bowl ring i noticed something. The '77 Cowboys ring has 2 black stars with blue gems on the face. Isn't it blue stars with 2 diamonds?

Okay, ^^^^ he's totally right^^^^^ ......now I wanna know the same thing. What gives?

Otherwise, you did an awesome job of pairing the winning and losing awards. Never seen that all in one place before. Nice job.

Okay, one other question.........have you ever seen a '72 Redskins NFC ring with a diamond in the center instead of the Indian head? Someone told me once that that was an option but I've never seen it myself or in any photos.

Thanks!

Karl

A part owner of the Green Bay Packers

hey Sports-Rings, on the section of your website where you have images of each super bowl ring i noticed something. The '77 Cowboys ring has 2 black stars with blue gems on the face. Isn't it blue stars with 2 diamonds?

Okay, ^^^^ he's totally right^^^^^ ......now I wanna know the same thing. What gives?

Otherwise, you did an awesome job of pairing the winning and losing awards. Never seen that all in one place before. Nice job.

Okay, one other question.........have you ever seen a '72 Redskins NFC ring with a diamond in the center instead of the Indian head? Someone told me once that that was an option but I've never seen it myself or in any photos.

Thanks!

Karl

Hi Karl,

Yes, the 1977 Superbowl ring should have white diamonds. The ring shown on the website was either a salesman sample or high quality fake salesman sample. The stars are supposed to be a very dark blue, perhaps the camera and lighting made it look darker.

I guess the picture I had was a fake salesman sample. I have replaced the picture with a real ring. Thanks for letting me know! I really appreciate it.

here is a real ring, now showing on the web site. this player ring was auctioned off a few years back by Heritage auctions.

12winner.jpg

I went back and checked my records on the 1972 Redskins ring.

I have never seen a redskins ring with a center diamond, although I have only seen two real rings.

I do know that someone was making fake Red skin salesman sample rings and there is one on ebay now. the one way to tell it's fake besides it being a little smaller than a real ring is the Indian head has less detail

My gut feeling is that the Redskins did not offer a diamond option, otherwise the players would have jumped on that. Perhaps it was a fake ring, or perhaps the original owner decided to bling it up and put a diamond in it. Players have been known to modify their rings with real diamonds. I had meet HOF player Heb Adderley who showed me his Packer super bowl II ring. He and some other teammates put their jersey number in diamonds on the top of the ring. It looked really cool. Also a bunch of KC Chiefs put diamonds on their 1966 AFC ring.

Were they around $600? I spoke with him a long time ago. I wanted to wear one at the Sports National show and have a shirt saying "I buy rings". Couldn't bring myself to do it (too embarrassing to walk around a show like that).

He is amazing, each ring top looks dead on, with diamonds and properly colored stones, and he even does the shanks to perfection!