CCSLC Championship Ring Thread

Not sure what this proves but here is the seahawks ring compared in size to the Saints rings.

The saints ring was kind of smallish, at about 57 grams. The seahawks ring does appear larger. I believe the last Giants ring was around 92 grams and the Ravens ring was 88 grams. The Ravens ring is the only ring that I am mentioning that is 10K gold (the others are 14K). So the Ravens ring at 88 grams would be around 100 grams had it been in 14K like the others.

1403902275000-photo.JPG

Where did you get this picture?

t.jpg

Part owner in the Green Bay Packers

Greetings everyone!

BIG ring fan here. I only own one which I paid for out of my own pocket by Jostens back in the days I was playing Semi-Pro football. I designed the shank side shown, and pretty much the top and name side were standard to what Jostens offered back in the day.

football_ring.jpg

I live up here in the soggy NW, and have been a huge Seahawks fan for the last 38 years.

I'm curious to know if anyone here might have answer to a few questions I have:

a.) Has there ever been designs shown of the ring designs submitted by the companies that didn't make the actual ring? (I would really like to see what other designs there were that weren't chosen.)

b.) Anyone found a high quality replica manufacturer that you have purchased from?

I see lots of low quality rings on the auction site, and until I actually win the power ball lotto I'm going to keep checking for a high quality replica maker.

As for the discussion about the newer Championship ring trends - I really enjoy the older rings, but some of the newer designs show me that sports in general seems to be moving away from "ultimate bling" to something a little less.

GO HAWKS!

Dave

Great work there Dave. I "played" a couple years with the Bengals. I wasn't very good so I only touched the field a handful of times

I think both Tiffany rings are about 40% smaller than Ravens ring. I cant imagine Seahawks ring is over 65 grams, 70 grams tops.

I still don't understand how could Giants second ring be over 90 grams, it must be top heavy because it is the same size of their first ring which was 70 grams. Tifffany stated it was a "30 mm" ring which is small compared to Ravens ring which was around 40MM.

Here is another Tiffany ring, TB compared to Ravens.

Blog-Photo--Ravens-Super-Bowl-rings-are-

Not sure what this proves but here is the seahawks ring compared in size to the Saints rings.

The saints ring was kind of smallish, at about 57 grams. The seahawks ring does appear larger. I believe the last Giants ring was around 92 grams and the Ravens ring was 88 grams. The Ravens ring is the only ring that I am mentioning that is 10K gold (the others are 14K). So the Ravens ring at 88 grams would be around 100 grams had it been in 14K like the others.

1403902275000-photo.JPG

I saw it on Twitter. I believe it belongs to a coach who was also a coach on the Saints staff. I thought it was a cool comparason and sheds a little light on the seahawks ring size.

1403902275000-photo.JPG

I saw it on Twitter. I believe it belongs to a coach who was also a coach on the Saints staff. I thought it was a cool comparason and sheds a little light on the seahawks ring size.

I agree great comparison. Tiffanys is certainly stepping their game up when it comes to design. That saints rings is one of my all time favorites

t.jpg

http://www.steelers.com/video-and-audio/photo-gallery/PHOTOS-Super-Bowl-Rings/96809d2d-f943-49f9-a89c-f22316c9f3d5

Heres a cool little slide show showcasing the Steelers 6 Super Bowl rings. Courtesy of Steelers.com. Notice the huge difference in size of the '05 ring and '08 ring.

Yeah I remember reading an article about how disappointed the players where when they got the 05 rings because the year before the pats had just received those monster rings.

t.jpg

Does anyone know a good place to buy ring display boxes? I'm looking for one that can hold about 15-20 rings.

Not sure if this is exactly what you want but I use them with great results. you know those acrylic cases made to hold baseballs? They have a holder for each baseball, kind of like a big golf tee.

You can put a ring in each of the holders. You can even put a ring between the holders. The units can go on the wall and they really show off the rings.

baseballcase50.jpg

I'm from the Hartford CT area. Hence the logo. Keeping the memory alive. I'm also a Steelers fan, (6 Super Bowls) a Flyers fan, (2 Stanley Cups) and a UCONN men's bball fan (4 National Championships) that's 12 rings combined. My pic shouldn't reflect anything other than I'll always be a Whalers fan at heart.

Hey Mike thanks for posting the article.

Couple of things...not a single one of Bull's rings have any wording on top, no "World Champions", "Chicago Bulls".

The White Sox ring is the most feminine and in my opinion the ugliest ring ever.

Also teams these days give out lot more rings. Red Sox handed out over 550 rings for the 2004 WS.

Lakers also hand out lot of rings, I heard over 300 were given out or extra rings that were purchased by players. Not only they give the same ring to Cheer Leaders, but yes, even Jack Nicholson, Penny Marshall and few other celebrities do get the same ring. Shaq alone I remember reading purchased nearly 20 rings from each of 3 that he won with Lakers.

I think more teams should sell a toned down version of the ring to fans, I think that will happen soon enough.

Both King's last Stanley Cup fan ring and Cardinals $5000.00 fan WS ring were very similar to the real ones.

I remember reading once that the wife of Jerry Reinsdorf (owner of the Bulls and White Sox) had a lot of input on the design of the Bulls and White Sox championship rings. If this is true it'd probably explain why the White Sox ring has that oval feminine shape. Even with that said, I'd still take one.

I'm looking more for something that is made for large rings. Like an actual ring display box. I found a few on google that look the part. That idea you have is good tho, but I think it's a bit too big

I may have something perfect. a year or two ago, I won an auction for a Tony Gwynn baseball with custom glass display and a custom presentation box. the presentation box looked like the modern josten ring boxes, however, it was huge! I bought the item just for the box! I was going to have the glass etched with either the steelers and 49ers and make 5 - 7 slots for rings.

I have yet to make the inside or design the engraving. If you are interested we could talk about this, let me know.

thanks