CCSLC Championship Ring Thread

Lelands has withdrawn Jim Browns 1964 championship ring....

Something is fishy here. Why would Jim Brown give the ring away to his family member? And where was he all these years? Never filed a police report till now?

BTW epic tats ridenlow, wow! Really cool, that is some dedication to the team and Super Bowl rings. Respect.

Finally, Raven's staff ring.Hadn't seen one yet, same design as players, none gold, CZ stones.

FlUAW2s.jpg

Great photos! Thanks for posting.

Keep in mind there are a lot of diamonds missing in this ring (cz's I guess). The logo on the players rings had diamaonds around it, and the rows of dimaonds are missing above the Lombardi trophy and below the Lombardi trophy. Same box and same engraving as the player's version.

Wisconsin Final Four rings...

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

On 7/29/2014 at 5:04 AM, sports-rings.com said:
On 7/28/2014 at 4:43 PM, OnWis97 said:

is this the first ncaa final four ring made?

anyone want to predict when we will see the first elite 8 or sweet 16 men's bb rings?

I would bet that "Elite 8", "Sweet 16" have been placed on the sides of conference championship rings before. (though I don't know about an "Elite 8"-specific ring).

And by "is this the first ncaa final four ring made?" I am guessing you mean for 2014 (Florida, Kentucky, UConn). I think Final Four rings have been around for a while. There certainly are rings for lesser things...Here's Wisconsin's ring for winning the Big Ten Hockey tournament (a conference they finished a distant second in.

At least it's fairly cheap looking.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

POTD (Shared)

And by "is this the first ncaa final four ring made?" I am guessing you mean for 2014 (Florida, Kentucky, UConn). I think Final Four rings have been around for a while. There certainly are rings for lesser things...Here's Wisconsin's ring for winning the Big Ten Hockey tournament (a conference they finished a distant second in.

I should have done my homework before posting the question. I meant first one ever, and now I see there are plenty of examples over the years of final 4 rings and rings for lesser accomplishments.

thanks for the answer!

10583905_798380716868800_641708012865756

is this the first ncaa final four ring made?

anyone want to predict when we will see the first elite 8 or sweet 16 men's bb rings?

Actually, your question may not be that far off the mark. The rings that come to mind that I've seen with Elite Eight or Final Four (and NOT the Jostens rings given out by the tournament) were actually CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIP rings. And this Wisconsin ring does not seem to commemorate a conference title. It's just simply a ring for getting to the Final Four.

Now, granted this is somewhat of an accomplishment, but I'm not sure it's worthy of a school shelling out good money on fancy rings. But maybe that's another conversation for another thread....

Karl

A part owner of the Green Bay Packers

Traditionally, the Final Four is a big deal. Our current culture is more about "2nd place is the first loser" so some people don't consider it that great of an accomplishment...I suppose the argument can be made. It's a four-game hot streak.

But I kinda like that, for a week anyway, there are four team with reason for excitement. This ring has no conference accomplishments because Wisconsin won neither their regular season title or their tournament. While a regular season title is probably more indicative of a great season (I could care less about a conference tournament), it's the Final Four that players dream of and it's still a big thing, even if three teams go home disappointed. I have no problem with a ring for this.

POTD (Shared)

Hey Mike Congrats on the Seahawks ring and thanks for posting the information on your blog.

Didn't think it was that heavy, based on the visual size I would have guessed close to 60 grams tops.

It just baffles me Seahawks rings is so small at 26 mm and even smaller in size than Denver's AFC ring. (Raven's ring is 40 mm and NYG last Tiffany ring was 30 MM)

I remember a few years ago staff of Lakers and Celtics posted pics of their 2009 and 2008 rings side by side on the internet. I wonder if Seahawks players will be surprised to see Denver's rings look bigger when they play each other in a few days.

I also think Denver should have done a lot more with the shanks. Considering that was the 7th AFC championship for them they could have showed that on the shanks as their previous AFC rings were as detailed as some super bowl rings.

Anyhow, all of these size questions will come to an end when Pats come out with their 2014 SB rings, largest and heaviest SB rings of all time! 40+ MM and 125 grams!

Hey Mike Congrats on the Seahawks ring and thanks for posting the information on your blog.

Didn't think it was that heavy, based on the visual size I would have guessed close to 60 grams tops.

It just baffles me Seahawks rings is so small at 26 mm and even smaller in size than Denver's AFC ring. (Raven's ring is 40 mm and NYG last Tiffany ring was 30 MM)

I remember a few years ago staff of Lakers and Celtics posted pics of their 2009 and 2008 rings side by side on the internet. I wonder if Seahawks players will be surprised to see Denver's rings look bigger when they play each other in a few days.

I also think Denver should have done a lot more with the shanks. Considering that was the 7th AFC championship for them they could have showed that on the shanks as their previous AFC rings were as detailed as some super bowl rings.

Anyhow, all of these size questions will come to an end when Pats come out with their 2014 SB rings, largest and heaviest SB rings of all time! 40+ MM and 125 grams!

Hi Dralec,

I was surprised it was as heavy as it was too! When comparing the shanks together, you are so right - Denver just seemed to go through the motions - their shanks are really poorly designed. Maybe that's why Jostens is losing more work than ever to Tiffany.

I have a picture of the Ravens 2nd ring next to the Seahawks ring and it's an embarrassment the size difference. I will post that picture in a day or two.

Thanks again!

Anyone have ideas of what the San Antonio Spurs championship ring will look like?

I don't think anyone does.

These championship ring designs are top secret and they don't share them with public until after rings are handed out at first home game which will be sometimes in October.

So far Spurs have been using a smaller company "Masters of design" for their previous 4 rings.

Top NBA ring maker in the country is Jostens which also made the last 2 Miami Heat rings.

Jostens usually puts out a news bulletin a month or two in advance of handing out the rings that they got the contract but they will not give any details of the rings.

That is a great collection Mike. You ended up finding the second Giants ring? That is great man.

I bet even Tiffany does not have a picture of all their rings side by side. You should send them a link to your site! lol

Maybe next time they make a SB ring they will just send you one for your collection!

Maybe next time they make a SB ring they will just send you one for your collection!

You know how hard it is to get super bowl tickets. A few years back the NFL recognized the guys who went to every single superbowl and started sending them tickets. Of course they had to pay for the tickets. So if Tiffany or Jostens wants to send me a super bowl ring, I will gladly pay their going rate!

thanks for your kind words!

Wasn't the 49ers first ring from Tiffany? Or was it Balfour? Shoot, it might have been Balfour now that I think about it. .....can you recall?

Hey Karl,

thanks for the reply. The first Forty Niner ring made by Balfour.

Did not know about the UCLA ring. I wonder what the first Tiffany Championship ring was. It might go back to the 60's or even earlier.