CCSLC Championship Ring Thread

What happened to this thread? It was like 95 pages, now we are 85? Am I making a mistake or are some of the posts missing?

Looks like the mods removed all the posts that were basically nothing more than advertisements for a website and Ebay listings. Well done, fellas.

• Like 1

BB52Big.jpg

Those SF rings are pretty cool man, thanks for posting them.

I had seen a picture of bottom left one, I had heard it was made by Balfour, but obviously don't know if that is true. I think both bottom rings look better than the Tiffany one they went with.

I'd really like to see the shanks, they look pretty good. TIffany shanks are the simplest shanks I have ever seen, there is practically nothing on them. What they put on the shanks which is score of the post season games are information that Jostens puts inside the shanks.

I agree with you on the shanks. The shanks of the ring are often my favorite part because of the details you can find on them. I thought the 2010 shanks, while simple, were nice but the 2012 shanks were underwhelming. I don't know if we should blame the SF Giants or Tiffany. Tiffany has shown their ability to produce detailed shanks if you look at the most recent NY Giants Super Bowl ring. Here's hoping that the 2014 SF Giants World Series ring packs more details.

New-York-Giants-SB-Ring.jpg

Those SF rings are pretty cool man, thanks for posting them.

I had seen a picture of bottom left one, I had heard it was made by Balfour, but obviously don't know if that is true. I think both bottom rings look better than the Tiffany one they went with.

I'd really like to see the shanks, they look pretty good. TIffany shanks are the simplest shanks I have ever seen, there is practically nothing on them. What they put on the shanks which is score of the post season games are information that Jostens puts inside the shanks.

I agree with you on the shanks. The shanks of the ring are often my favorite part because of the details you can find on them. I thought the 2010 shanks, while simple, were nice but the 2012 shanks were underwhelming. I don't know if we should blame the SF Giants or Tiffany. Tiffany has shown their ability to produce detailed shanks if you look at the most recent NY Giants Super Bowl ring. Here's hoping that the 2014 SF Giants World Series ring packs more details.

New-York-Giants-SB-Ring.jpg

the Giant ring shown above does have beautiful shanks! Tiffany does make some championship ring masterpieces.

I just want to mention that my future posts will be on target with the moderators' request and be about the design of championship rings.

Edited by LMU
removed outside advertisement

The bottom left has its strong points. The diamond SF on the black diamond provides great contrast. It's all the diamonds around the outside that ruin the ring.

How I would design the 2014 ring.

1. This logo is well shaped for the face of a ring. Put World Champions around it, dress it in diamonds and colored stones, and you're done. It would also set it apart from the 2010 and 2012 rings.

cpqj6up5bvgpoedg5fwsk20ve.gif

We've seen this before:

masFH9ZS3li_7HOcOfqREug.jpg

2. The Giants have placed San Francisco trademarks on their 2 previous rings. For the inside shank I would have 2014 at the top, AT&T Park looking out towards the bay in the middle, and a SF at the bottom.

3. For the outside shank you could add some personalization. At the top the recipient's last name, in the middle 1-3 World Series trophies depending on how many that individual won with the team, and at the bottom the player's number or the number 8 on a baseball, home plate, or diamond for the 8 world championships in franchise history.

Anyone else think about ring designs?

The Rings From Super Bowl I

Not sure if anyone wants to talk about the design of the Super Bowl I rings.

sbs1.jpg

One interesting design aspect I always thought was cool, is that the Packers Super Bowl I ring may be the only championship ring I know that pays tribute to "World Champions" by showing an actual globe on the top of the ring. The lines on the Packer ring are unmistakably longitude and latitude lines.

The Brooklyn dodgers in 1955 and the Packers in Super Bowl II also show planet Earth, however, in a smaller way and on the shanks, not on top.

Before I get any flack, for posting words in the image, I want to apologize that I need to display on the photographs the name of my website, but if I don’t, other web sites will steal my photos or worse, ebay sellers making cheap replicas that don’t look as realistic as the real rings will use the photos and claim these are their championship rings.

Almost all of the photographs will be from my private championship ring collection and many of these rings are extremely rare and seldom (or perhaps never) photographed in pairs from a particular Super Bowl game. So please excuse my effort to keep the photos from being misused.

This practice is used by others here and elsewhere and makes a lot of sense.

sbs1.jpg

That Chiefs ring looks like the Packers' World Championship ring from 1965.

1965_Packers_ChampRingGold2.jpg1965_Packers_ChampRingGold1.jpg

The Chiefs buy from Jostens as well? Was that one of their stock designs?

And, while you probably know this, the stone at the center of the glove of that Packer Super Bowl I ring was originally supposed to be an emerald. Vince Lombardi liked the design but insisted that "my boys deserve diamonds!"

sbs1.jpg

And, while you probably know this, the stone at the center of the glove of that Packer Super Bowl I ring was originally supposed to be an emerald. Vince Lombardi liked the design but insisted that "my boys deserve diamonds!"

Not being much of a collecter of pre superbowl, you are right and I should have caught that! I believe that same ring was repeated three years later when the Vikings lost to the Cheifs.

The strange thing about the Vikings ring is that it was made by balfour!

4lose.jpg

I did not know the Packers were contemplating using a non diamond in their ring, thanks!

sbs1.jpg

I remember hearing that story about the first ring. Wonder how true that is.

t.jpg

Part owner in the Green Bay Packers

A question for our ring experts in this thread. A couple days ago, I ran across a video on YouTube in which a guy was doing a review of a replica 1995 Cowboys Super Bowl ring. The ring was purchased off the website of a company in China that makes all sorts of replica championship rings. The guy had nothing but good things to say about his counterfeit ring. After seeing that video, I dug around and found a couple more reviews of these Chinese replica rings. They got great reviews too. The rings looked pretty good in the videos. They aren't going to fool anyone, they looked like replica rings, but they still weren't bad at all.

My question: do you guys know anything about these Chinese counterfeit/replica championship rings? Are they worth taking a shot and dropping 200-300 bucks on one or are they a total rip off?

BB52Big.jpg

A question for our ring experts in this thread. A couple days ago, I ran across a video on YouTube in which a guy was doing a review of a replica 1995 Cowboys Super Bowl ring. The ring was purchased off the website of a company in China that makes all sorts of replica championship rings. The guy had nothing but good things to say about his counterfeit ring. After seeing that video, I dug around and found a couple more reviews of these Chinese replica rings. They got great reviews too. The rings looked pretty good in the videos. They aren't going to fool anyone, they looked like replica rings, but they still weren't bad at all.

My question: do you guys know anything about these Chinese counterfeit/replica championship rings? Are they worth taking a shot and dropping 200-300 bucks on one or are they a total rip off?

I have ordered some. I doubt there is much difference between the $200-$300 ring quality when compared to the $60-$80 versions found on ebay.

Just like these sellers have no regard for licensing, they won't think twice about using the best photos they can get their hands on. So just because the ring looks good in the picture, there is no guarantee the picture matches the actual ring you are getting.

Try to find a seller with some positive feedback, as it seems sellers don't stick around too long on ebay when selling replica rings. Most of the dealers will have less than 100 transactions and some may only have a few.

As I recall, you were not a big fan of me mentioning my blog, however, feel free to visit, and use the search engine on the right. Type in replica rings. I have written a few blogs on this subject and you will find useful information there.

Good luck!

Following up on those Super Bowl I rings, I remembered that the cufflinks given to team officials featured emeralds atop the globe. Here's the set owned by then-team president Lee Joannes:

1961_WC_cufflinks3.jpg

That gives us an idea of what the rings would have looked like, had Lombardi not insisted on a diamond.

ringSuperBowlI_salesmansample_1.jpg

Just like these sellers have no regard for licensing, they won't think twice about using the best photos they can get their hands on. So just because the ring looks good in the picture, there is no guarantee the picture matches the actual ring you are getting.

Try to find a seller with some positive feedback, as it seems sellers don't stick around too long on ebay when selling replica rings. Most of the dealers will have less than 100 transactions and some may only have a few.

As I recall, you were not a big fan of me mentioning my blog, however, feel free to visit, and use the search engine on the right. Type in replica rings. I have written a few blogs on this subject and you will find useful information there.

Good luck!

Yeah, I've seen people do that. This is a picture from one of the websites. As far as I can tell, they are using pictures of the rings they make. All the boxes are exactly alike for each ring. And I think it's pretty obvious that the ring pictured here is a replica. Thanks for the tips.

1995-nfl_5.jpg

I had no problem with you talking about your blog. It was you and the other guy always fighting about things that bothered me. That's why I was glad the mods stepped in.

BB52Big.jpg

Good luck!

Yeah, I've seen people do that. This is a picture from one of the websites. As far as I can tell, they are using pictures of the rings they make. All the boxes are exactly alike for each ring. And I think it's pretty obvious that the ring pictured here is a replica. Thanks for the tips.

1995-nfl_5.jpg

I had no problem with you talking about your blog. It was you and the other guy always fighting about things that bothered me. That's why I was glad the mods stepped in.

The replica looks very nice. I do recognize those boxes. Whoever made those boxes printed the Yankees name and 2009 on them and sold them to Jostens to disribute these ring boxes with non-players yankee rings. The players received a nice glass box with their last name on it.

I'm glad the mods put an end to that too (we were only fighting a few days, but glad it's over)

thanks!

Following up on those Super Bowl I rings, I remembered that the cufflinks given to team officials featured emeralds atop the globe. Here's the set owned by then-team president Lee Joannes:

1961_WC_cufflinks3.jpg

That gives us an idea of what the rings would have looked like, had Lombardi not insisted on a diamond.

ringSuperBowlI_salesmansample_1.jpg

I'm still surprised that the Packers have never used emeralds in any of their rings. To me it would look awesome if they did. Just look at the Celtics ring from 2008.

To me have the "G" in the middle in emeralds surrounded by diamonds in the shape the Lombardi trophy. I mean these rings just pop for the Celtics when you see them.

celtics_2008_zpswkbsj6qy.jpg

t.jpg

Part owner in the Green Bay Packers