CCSLC Championship Ring Thread

Cant believe what I am seeing. Prototype Pats 2004 ring. 2 differences I noted, obviously Pats logo on top and wording is "CHAMPS" instead of Champions

10897130_10205474004592363_1727607373341

1743662_10205474034673115_67085170981437

Wow, where did the picture (and ring come from)???

I wonder if it is an authentic prototype - who would design or allow the word "Champs" (this putting slang into the super bowl or championship ring universe).

Putting "CHAMPS" on a ring has happened before (1989 Oakland A's).

1989_4.jpg

I have no connection to this at all but thought it was interesting.

$_57.JPG

My personal over/under on how long before the folks at NFL Business Ventures (nee NFL Properties) shuts this operation down because it's not licensed? 10 1/2 days.

I'll take the over

Edited by LMU

t.jpg

Part owner in the Green Bay Packers

$_57.JPG

My personal over/under on how long before the folks at NFL Business Ventures (nee NFL Properties) shuts this operation down because it's not licensed? 10 1/2 days.

I'll take the over

Have you seen how many things sell on ebay? I'll take "over" too! My favorite items are the full-size and player-size Lombardi super bowl trophies!

Edited by LMU

I have no skin in this, but here's a Beautiful World Series Ring Set Worth Owning.

Championship ring enthusiasts and collectors often mention that ring collecting is too expensive and they can't afford to start or build a collection. Replica rings are often unlicensed and often offer poor quality. Here's a replica set that is very affordable, displays well, and is a great way to start or build your championship ring collection:

The St. Louis Post-Dispatch Newspaper company, around 2009, released a World Series Ring replica set with an acrylic display case. I don't know what they originally sold for, but the set quickly sold out. Many sets were available after they sold out on ebay and could be purchased for around $100.00. That's an amazing value since that averages out to be around $10.00 per replica ring.

They upgraded the set with a 2011 ring and also upgraded the display to include a presentation box.

stlouis4a.jpg

If you would like to read more about this set, please visit my blog,

What do you ring-guys think of this set? Seems like a great value!

$_57.JPG

I'll take the over

Have you seen how many things sell on ebay? I'll take "over" too! My favorite items are the full-size and player-size Lombardi super bowl trophies!

Like this trophy?

IMG_20150103_124717_zpsnnzdmtmt.jpg

Edited by LMU

t.jpg

Part owner in the Green Bay Packers

$_57.JPG

I'll take the over

Like this trophy?

IMG_20150103_124717_zpsnnzdmtmt.jpg

Yes, I said I really like those trophies, I hope that comment did not upset you. The Trophy looks great!

Edited by LMU

The Design of Championship Rings From Super Bowl VI

sb6d.jpg

First, my apologies that the photo above shows my website address. If I didn't put this on the picture, other web sites would steal my pictures and worse than that, those ebay sellers who make cheap replicas that don't look anywhere near as realistic as the real rings, will use the photos and claim the pictures are of their replica championship rings!

The ring on the right is the Dallas Cowboys first winning Super Bowl Ring. Designed and manufactured by Balfour, in 14K white solid gold, it contained one large diamond and plenty of smaller diamonds. The onyx or sapphire stone, in the shape of their logo, matches their team colors superbly. This ring weighs 35.5 grams and is the first example of championship ring where the top of the ring is predominantly covered with diamonds. Perhaps this is the very first ring that we refer to as having plenty of "bling".

As gorgeous as the Cowboys ring is, all that "bling" may have proved costly to manufacture. The Cowboys championship ring from Super Bowl VI is a rare instance where the losing Super Bowl ring is larger and heavier than the winning Super Bowl ring.

The Miami Dolphins ring from this game was made by Jostens in 14K white solid gold. The ring is larger and heavier than the Cowboys ring, weighing in at 44.5 grams (10 grams heavier than the Cowboys ring).

A very cool feature of this ring is that the inside band contains an actual facsimile of the recipient's signature. This technique was first done on the 1955 World Series Brooklyn Dodger rings. The replica signature was a big hit and was also part of the Dolphins Super Bowl rings that followed during the next two seasons.

If you want to read more about these two rings, you can always visit my blog where I did this story.

There's not been a single Cowboys ring design I've cared for - and not because I dislike the team. The vast majority of SB rings, along with conference championship awards, have been beautiful aesthetically. But each of the Cowboy rings, along with some others (e.g., the 49'ers ring from XIX, the Washington ring from XXII, and the Giants ring from XXV) are designs I look at and wonder, "Man, imagine what designs they turned down to choose that one."

nav-logo.png

There's not been a single Cowboys ring design I've cared for - and not because I dislike the team. The vast majority of SB rings, along with conference championship awards, have been beautiful aesthetically. But each of the Cowboy rings, along with some others (e.g., the 49'ers ring from XIX, the Washington ring from XXII, and the Giants ring from XXV) are designs I look at and wonder, "Man, imagine what designs they turned down to choose that one."

The Cowboys super bowl XII ring is gorgeous. Are you not a fan of that one too?

When teams won their 2nd super bowl in the old days, they got two diamonds side-by-side. The Dolphins and Steelers rings are very similar to the Giants ring.

I agree with you on the Redskins XXII ring - made by Tiffany, the ring is absolutely bizarre. I say bizarre because the two Lombardi trophies on the top look horrendous.

Don Beebe And His Six Championship Rings.

Pictured below is Don Beebe's Packer wining Super bowl ring along with four AFC championship rings and an NFC championship ring.

beebe9j.jpg

Beebe may be best known for his famed play of chasing down Leon Lett and preventing him from scoring in Super Bowl XXVII. However, there's a lot more to know about Beebe.

If you want to know more, you know where you can find the story.

I love this picture, the winning Packer ring obviously is the nicest designed of the group.

Any thoughts on these rings?

Super Bowl Ring Design Predictions for 2015

Pictured below are the four last Super Bowl rings from the teams left in the playoffs. The rings pictured below offer strong clues as to what the two championship rings will look like for 2015.

There are endless predictions of who will win the Super Bowl. The guesses begin before the start of the season and go until moments before kickoff of the big game. Here's a twist on that, anyone on this board want to predict what features the two championship rings will have for the teams that earn a trip to Phoenix next week?

(Click picture below for a larger picture)

2015pred.jpg

I wrote a blog with my predictions. If anyone wants to see what I wrote, you know where to find it.

Let me hear your predictions!