CCSLC Championship Ring Thread

IMHO, If the Seahawks repeat, they should go with an identical top design, save having two Lombardi's instead of one. I think aside from the use of their "G" you could really determine much from the Packers design though - it looks considerably different from its previous rings, so who's to say they'll go in a new direction?

The Patriots and Colts are also question marks, as the players seem to have a great deal of input into the designs. The career durations of players being what they are, roster turnover for both teams has been significant since either last won a Super Bowl (8 years for the Colts, 10 for the Pats). Consequently, while I think you're right to an extent, past designs may not be very indicative.

nav-logo.png

Super Bowl Ring Design Predictions for 2015

Pictured below are the four last Super Bowl rings from the teams left in the playoffs. The rings pictured below offer strong clues as to what the two championship rings will look like for 2015.

There are endless predictions of who will win the Super Bowl. The guesses begin before the start of the season and go until moments before kickoff of the big game. Here's a twist on that, anyone on this board want to predict what features the two championship rings will have for the teams that earn a trip to Phoenix next week?

(Click picture below for a larger picture)

2015pred.jpg

I wrote a blog with my predictions. If anyone wants to see what I wrote, you know where to find it.

Let me hear your predictions!

If the Patriots win I think you'll see the largest super bowl ring ever made.

t.jpg

Part owner in the Green Bay Packers

I was hoping to see what Bob Kraft would have done in 2007 if the Pats would have held on to win the Super Bowl and thus the "perfect season" I imagine he would have had a real excuse to make a real Monster Ring because of the fact that they would have been the Only team at 19-0 and the fact they would have joined the 4 Super Bowl Win Club. So if they win it this year the ring still might be as large as it would have been in 2007 just because it might be Bradys last one so if they do win expect a very Large Ring. Prob the best reason to root for the Pats is just to see what the ring will look like.

Wow....something new everyday. We all know how large Pats rings are. I am thankful to Mike for having posted pics of all Pats rings. However I found something interesting today.

Rings attached are rings given to a former Pats executive. Do you see anything strange about them? Well I do. The middle ring is the 2003 SB ring, it was at the time one of the largest and heaviest rings at close to 100 grams of 14 K gold (Mike would have the exact weight). The Pats ring increasingly got bigger in size.

First ring was in 72 grams range, second ring about 100 grams and 2004 ring officially listed as 115 grams, although appears more like 105.

However in this picture, the middle ring which is the 2003 ring is not only not larger than 2001 ring, but smaller!? Having looked at almost all available Pats rings online this is the first time I have seen the ring being smaller than 2001 ring. A visual inspection next to pics that Mike has posted, verifies the ring being smaller than 2001 ring and much more smaller compared to 2004 ring.

I have no idea how that could be? How come this particular ring is so much smaller. We know Pats gave staff a completely looking different ring, so it is not that.

Sometime staff rings might be smaller, but then how come the other 2 are regular size? The only explanation I can think of is that they did what Red sox did in 2004. They gave players and executive staff choice between getting the Large championship ring or the Jumbo ring, which was about 20% larger and heavier

Anyone else cares about this topic enough to make a comment?

10294412_10205545592742022_5549454196522

Wow....something new everyday. We all know how large Pats rings are. I am thankful to Mike for having posted pics of all Pats rings. However I found something interesting today.

Rings attached are rings given to a former Pats executive. Do you see anything strange about them? Well I do. The middle ring is the 2003 SB ring, it was at the time one of the largest and heaviest rings at close to 100 grams of 14 K gold (Mike would have the exact weight). The Pats ring increasingly got bigger in size.

First ring was in 72 grams range, second ring about 100 grams and 2004 ring officially listed as 115 grams, although appears more like 105.

However in this picture, the middle ring which is the 2003 ring is not only not larger than 2001 ring, but smaller!? Having looked at almost all available Pats rings online this is the first time I have seen the ring being smaller than 2001 ring. A visual inspection next to pics that Mike has posted, verifies the ring being smaller than 2001 ring and much more smaller compared to 2004 ring.

I have no idea how that could be? How come this particular ring is so much smaller. We know Pats gave staff a completely looking different ring, so it is not that.

Sometime staff rings might be smaller, but then how come the other 2 are regular size? The only explanation I can think of is that they did what Red sox did in 2004. They gave players and executive staff choice between getting the Large championship ring or the Jumbo ring, which was about 20% larger and heavier

Anyone else cares about this topic enough to make a comment?

10294412_10205545592742022_5549454196522

What an interesting photo!

The center ring may be pushed a little further back, making it look smaller. When I take pictures of 2 or more rings, it's quite easy to loose track and not line them up straight.

Even though it looks pushed back and also tilted upward (which also makes it look smaller) it is in no way the standard size XXXVIII ring we have seen so often.

I bet you are right - the recipient was given a choice and felt the ring was too large to wear. He probability regretted his error when he saw all his coworkers with the huge ring and rectified the matter the following year with the large ring.

Fascinating Tidbits Uncovered about the 1962 Green Bay Packers Championship Ring

Slidekellyslide, a moderator and contributor on Net54baseball.com, posted images of paperwork he found inside a Green Bay Packer scouting report he owns. What he uncovered is amazing:

I had mentioned previously that you may want to check out the net54baseball.com forum, where championship rings are discussed.

lewa15.jpg

The ring paperwork above is for this Jostens ring (check out the design of this ring, it is quite different than the Super Bowl rings and football championship rings of today!

lewa16.jpg

If you would like to learn what secrets were uncovered, you can check out my blog or, you can visit the championship ring forum at Net54baseball.com

If you sign up at net54baseball.com you can post pictures without the hassle of finding a host for the photos and contribute with the thousands of members who frequent that site (the majority of them visit the vintage sports memorabilia sections)

Hell, look at the price!

Yes! A bargain, one you get over the shock that you work for the team as a scout and recruiter, yet are required to purchase your own ring.

Additionally, you can see the sales-rep described the ring as .29 carat - #13 diamond. That's a pretty small diamond!

.29 would be 29/100 of a full carat, I am not sure what #13 refers to, and no idea what "GDV" means.

Anyone know?

My understanding is that anyone who wasn't on the 1961 club had the option of purchasing a ring. So while still very rare, it may not have been the only one.

The photo of the paperwork clearly states that the Packers ordered 55 rings before Lew's order was written up.

I guess this means that Lew's 1961 ring is not the only ring (unless the Packers cancelled the order and went with watches). If the order did go through, and I can't see why it would have been cancelled, then there appear to have been at least 56 rings made.

That seems like a lot of people, purchasing their own championship ring, so perhaps the Packers offered a ring or a watch to members of the organization.

My understanding is that anyone who wasn't on the 1961 club had the option of purchasing a ring. So while still very rare, it may not have been the only one.

The photo of the paperwork clearly states that the Packers ordered 55 rings before Lew's order was written up.

I guess this means that Lew's 1961 ring is not the only ring (unless the Packers cancelled the order and went with watches). If the order did go through, and I can't see why it would have been cancelled, then there appear to have been at least 56 rings made.

That seems like a lot of people, purchasing their own championship ring, so perhaps the Packers offered a ring or a watch to members of the organization.

Could be. Never seen any other ring other than this one. Even from players you never see it.

t.jpg

Is Peyton Manning's Quest For a Second Super Bowl Ring Over?

With a new head coach coming to Denver, a torn thigh muscle, and past multiple neck surgeries, there is a looming chance that Peyton has played his last game.

manning14.jpg

Perhaps no ring company will get the chance to design another Super Bowl ring for Payton Manning.

Payton did not win a National championship ring in college but has two AFC championship rings (both resulting from loses in two Super Bowl games) and he owns one winning Super Bowl ring.

Here are the designs of those rings.

pman7.jpg

Fascinating Tidbits Uncovered about the 1962 Green Bay Packers Championship Ring

Slidekellyslide, a moderator and contributor on Net54baseball.com, posted images of paperwork he found inside a Green Bay Packer scouting report he owns. What he uncovered is amazing:

I had mentioned previously that you may want to check out the net54baseball.com forum, where championship rings are discussed.

lewa15.jpg

The ring paperwork above is for this Jostens ring (check out the design of this ring, it is quite different than the Super Bowl rings and football championship rings of today!

lewa16.jpg

If you would like to learn what secrets were uncovered, you can check out my blog or, you can visit the championship ring forum at Net54baseball.com

If you sign up at net54baseball.com you can post pictures without the hassle of finding a host for the photos and contribute with the thousands of members who frequent that site (the majority of them visit the vintage sports memorabilia sections)

Didn't even realize that the image on the side of the ring is the same one I have tattooed on me. The packers don't use this much any more. But if you look you'll see two dots on the state one for Green Bay and the other is Milwaukee.

IMG_14799001020485_zpsjsjjujkf.jpeg

t.jpg

It's not quite the same as yours (nice tat, by the way). That's closer to the 1950s version, the one you have (superimposed over a football) was introduced in the early 60s.

Actually, that's not quite what the paperwork says. It reads "This is the same price the Packers paid when they bought in a quantity of 55." It doesn't say when the Packers bought their rings. And why would Lew Anderson buy his own ring if they were issued by the team that year? He was a valued scout and friend of Vince and Marie Lombardi.

The design for the 1962 ring was identical to the 1961 version. If there was indeed a choice, makes sense that anyone who got a ring in '61 would opt for a watch the following year. Or maybe this is indeed a one-off purchased by the scout himself, on which Jostens gave him a favorable rate because of their history with the Packers.