CCSLC Championship Ring Thread

Designs of the Next Super Bowl ring - Diamond Cutters International is one of four companies bidding to create the next Super Bowl ring

Could one of these Championship Ring designs wind up being the next Super Bowl ring?

dci14p.jpg

Yes, one of these two Championship Ring designs shown above could be the next Super Bowl ring, if Houston based Diamond Cutters International wins the selection process.

Of all the championship rings I have ever seen, in my humble opinion (and many in the jewelry and championship ring market-place agree), the design and making of the shanks (the sides) of the last Diamond Cutters International Super Bowl ring was awful - The Broncos Super Bowl XXXII ring.

The Following year, after the Broncos repeated as World Champions, they awarded the Super Bowl ring contract to Jostens. Perhaps it's possible they were not thrilled with the quality of the ring sides. In my opinion, the ring sides were substantially improved when Jostens made the Super Bowl XXXIII ring for the Broncos.

Check out my blog if you would like additional details on this story.

Yes both of those designs are Terrible. But I'm sure Jostens or Tiffanys will get the contract deciding who wins.

t.jpg

Part owner in the Green Bay Packers

Largest ever, hope the top the 135 grams Heat rings!

With deflate-gate fallout still looming, I wonder if the NFL will put pressure on the Pats to cool it. Because of deflate gate this is not the year to be so flamboyant and break size records. Just my opinion.

And please, don't use Herff Jones and Masers of Design like they did for their 2011 loss, go back to Jostens, they make the best Super bowl rings!

yeah I'm pretty sure the NFL doesn't have a say in the design of the rings. The only thing the NFL does is dish out the $5000 for the cost of the rings. I thought the 2011AFC ring was a good design.

1DA170B7-BAD0-4B8D-8576-17A970AAE989_zps

The NFL used to say they had guidelines for the design and manufacture of winning and losing rings. They set rules such as cost, size, style, and regulations like the specific Super Bowl logo would be on the winning and losing ring.

The Pats were known (according to Rick of Pawn Stars fame) to break the mold (sorry for the Pun) and make bigger rings than allowed.

I am not sure if the NFL guidelines have been relaxed.

I tried to warn the ring-design fans of a bad ring in auction and I see the mods pulled the posts.

Oh well, so much for a good dead!

Breaking this week is the news that Scott Norwoods 1990 and 1991 Buffalo Bills AFC Champs rings will be hitting the aution block. I was actually contacted by the person who must have bought the rings from Scott as I was offered the 2 rings a few months ago in an email but they never returned my email. I guess they were shopping them around and finally decided to have them auctioned off by one of the big auction houses. If you look closely the 1990 AFC Ring matches the 1990 Player ring I have as it was once pointed out that the original players rings might not have come out with all of the extra stones that surround the bigger center stone. The players ring I have is from one of the starters on the team that year so dont know for sure if the players chose to add the extra stones to the outer portion of the ring that year.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/02/10/scott-norwoods-afc-championship-rings-for-sale/

Any thoughts or comments on the design of these two rings from 1974?

My one thought is that the Steelers ring is heavier, yet appears to be smaller than the Vikings ring.

I have been told that sometimes a ring company can hollow out a solid gold ring, making it look bigger than it really is.

sb922.jpg

I've always loved that Pittsburgh design. The beveled top was so distinctive in its time, with a simple onyx and diamond setting. It wouldn't be good enough to be a conference championship bauble by today's gaudy standard, but it's a beautiful piece of jewelery all the same.

nav-logo.png