CCSLC Championship Ring Thread

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone want to talk about the design of these two rings?

The ring on the left is the Oakland Raiders first winning Super Bowl Ring from their 1976 season. No team has made the effort the Raiders have to keep their championship ring theme the same over the decades since the Super Bowl started.

sb11b.jpg

Boy, it's quiet around here. A couple of my posts have been deleted by a moderator, so I have not been as active posting in the past.

Does a Daytona 500 ring count

I would consider it an Achievement Ring, not a championship ring.

Its pretty cool and quite the accomplishment, but not a championship. I'd assume NASCAR drivers would rather win the Sprint Cup.

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

Anyone want to talk about the design of these two rings?

The ring on the left is the Oakland Raiders first winning Super Bowl Ring from their 1976 season. No team has made the effort the Raiders have to keep their championship ring theme the same over the decades since the Super Bowl started.

sb11b.jpg

Boy, it's quiet around here. A couple of my posts have been deleted by a moderator, so I have not been as active posting in the past.

The Raiders ring from XI was the model for one of my old flag football league's championship rings... can't seem to find a pic though, damnit.

nav-logo.png

Its pretty cool and quite the accomplishment, but not a championship. I'd assume NASCAR drivers would rather win the Sprint Cup.

Believe it or not, a lot of drivers are torn on which one they'd rather win. During a pre-race show or something (can't remember which network, race, etc.) a couple years ago, a bunch of drivers were asked "if you could only win one - the Sprint Cup or the Daytona 500" which one would you choose?" You'd be surprised by how many chose the Daytona 500.

BB52Big.jpg

Believe it or not, a lot of drivers are torn on which one they'd rather win. During a pre-race show or something (can't remember which network, race, etc.) a couple years ago, a bunch of drivers were asked "if you could only win one - the Sprint Cup or the Daytona 500" which one would you choose?" You'd be surprised by how many chose the Daytona 500.

Really? I'm surprised by that. To me (as a hockey guy) that would be like picking the Hart Trophy over the Stanley Cup. I'd rather win the whole thing than achieve one of the major accomplishments of the season.

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

I came across the images on this post earlier today and thought I'd put them up to show the designs for the three USFL championship rings. These particular rings were apparently sold at auction not long ago, fetching just $5,700 or so - grossly undervalued, IMHO, given their provenance and the league's history.

6950h_lg.jpeg6950g_lg.jpeg6950f_lg.jpeg

6950e_lg.jpeg6950d_lg.jpeg6950c_lg.jpeg

6950b_lg.jpeg6950_lg.jpeg

Really interesting that the 1985 Baltimore Stars ring features a design that references roman numerals ("II" and "III") that weren't ever used as a reference by the league itself for its championship games.

nav-logo.png

I came across the images on this post earlier today and thought I'd put them up to show the designs for the three USFL championship rings. These particular rings were apparently sold at auction not long ago, fetching just $5,700 or so - grossly undervalued, IMHO, given their provenance and the league's history.

6950h_lg.jpeg6950g_lg.jpeg6950f_lg.jpeg

6950e_lg.jpeg6950d_lg.jpeg6950c_lg.jpeg

6950b_lg.jpeg6950_lg.jpeg

Really interesting that the 1985 Baltimore Stars ring features a design that references roman numerals ("II" and "III") that weren't ever used as a reference by the league itself for its championship games.

Look how much larger the first ring is compared to the the last 2.

t.jpg

Part owner in the Green Bay Packers

Here's a ring I haven't seen before. Last years Kansas basketball big 12 championship ring. The 10 on top stands for 10 straight conference championships. This thing looks huge!

74B88618-7B6C-4D6C-9C2A-14AB3B7C4BA3_zps

That is one of the ugliest rings I've ever seen. Who designed?

Here's a ring I haven't seen before. Last years Kansas basketball big 12 championship ring. The 10 on top stands for 10 straight conference championships. This thing looks huge!

74B88618-7B6C-4D6C-9C2A-14AB3B7C4BA3_zps

That is one of the ugliest rings I've ever seen. Who designed?

This ring was made by Herff Jones. You may reconize the overall same design as its the same ring as the 2012 Alabama National Champs Ring made by Herff Jones too. Its also similar to the NY Giants last Super Bowl Ring made by Tiffany & Co. Not one of my favorite designs as I dont like rings that dont have words or text on the top of the rings.

I took this pic off of ESPN TV.

It's Ray Lewis SB XXXV MVP ring given to him by owner Steve Biscotti in 2014 when Ray retired and entered Raven's ROH. I guess after David Ortiz MVP ring these rings are becoming popular. Ray said he loves the ring and stopped wearing his SB rings, since this ring is unique, one of a kind.

1796708_10205898735090360_66170129694415