CCSLC Championship Ring Thread

I took this pic off of ESPN TV.

It's Ray Lewis SB XXXV MVP ring given to him by owner Steve Biscotti in 2014 when Ray retired and entered Raven's ROH. I guess after David Ortiz MVP ring these rings are becoming popular. Ray said he loves the ring and stopped wearing his SB rings, since this ring is unique, one of a kind.

1796708_10205898735090360_66170129694415

This is a cool looking ring. Clearly a ring thats based off the 2003 New England Pats Super Bowl ring made by Jostens. It doesnt look at wide at the Pats ring but it could be the angle of the photo. A lot of colleges and high school teams are now using this popular 2003 Pats Ring design.

I took this pic off of ESPN TV.

It's Ray Lewis SB XXXV MVP ring given to him by owner Steve Biscotti in 2014 when Ray retired and entered Raven's ROH. I guess after David Ortiz MVP ring these rings are becoming popular. Ray said he loves the ring and stopped wearing his SB rings, since this ring is unique, one of a kind.

1796708_10205898735090360_66170129694415

Amazing photo and ring, thanks for sharing!

Here Are Three of My Favorite Championship Ring Designs – What’s Yours?

(Click picture below for a larger picture)

fav14d.jpg

It’s quite a challenge to narrow down the hundreds of championship rings that have been produced over the last 90 years to only three. In my humble opinion, I would estimate that 90-95% of championship ring designs are beautiful, and about 50% of those are masterpieces.

1) The 1955 Brooklyn Dodgers ring (maybe because it’s the one and only World Series ring the Dodgers ever won in Brooklyn).

2) The Patriots Super Bowl XXXIX ring. I’m no fan of the Patriots but that does not stop me from loving this ring – it’s simply amazing and dazzling.

3) The Red Wings 2002 Stanley Cup Champions ring – just beautiful style and use of colors…

Rod Woodson is selling all of his rings. Here's his HOF ring.

81143E36-DFD9-425B-A46D-422B879DBF73_zps

Actually he is not selling all his rings. He is keeping his Baltimore Ravens Super Bowl ring.

Oh ok well that's good, kinda wondering why he's selling everything else.

t.jpg

Part owner in the Green Bay Packers

Pats are working on their rings, will be handed out in June according to ESPNBOSTON.com:

New England Patriots owner Robert Kraft was a guest on the Fox Business Network on Friday morning, and here are a few sound bites from his interview with Maria Bartiromo:

Super Bowl ring in the works. “We’re in the process now, a number of companies are working on design of the ring and we’ll have a big party in my backyard in June and present them, and hopefully have a lot of fun with that. You never know if it’s going to happen again, so you like to make it special.”

I am guessing largest ever SB rings, 120 grams

Pats are working on their rings, will be handed out in June according to ESPNBOSTON.com:

New England Patriots owner Robert Kraft was a guest on the Fox Business Network on Friday morning, and here are a few sound bites from his interview with Maria Bartiromo:

Super Bowl ring in the works. Were in the process now, a number of companies are working on design of the ring and well have a big party in my backyard in June and present them, and hopefully have a lot of fun with that. You never know if its going to happen again, so you like to make it special.

I am guessing largest ever SB rings, 120 grams

Surprised that they haven't named Jostens yet

t.jpg

Cool ring, surprised the MLS teams can afford these rings. I know their on a shoe string budget.

Speaking to the Ray Lewis ring above, I like the Idea of an MVP ring. I think it would also be cool if teams gave rings to players who's numbers have been retired.

t.jpg

Cool ring, surprised the MLS teams can afford these rings. I know their on a shoe string budget.

No disrespect to the ring - it's a beauty, but without large diamonds, these rings are not as costly to produce as some of those huge Super Bowl rings. The small diamonds cost so much less than larger ones. Ring looks to be made in 14K gold by Tiffany ("585" = 14K gold)

Yeah, MLS isn't on quite the shoestring some might think. But that ring is a bit skimpy, so to speak.

From a design perspective it's kind of lame as well. I looked at those photos at least 5 times before realizing that "MLS Cup Champions" was wrapped around the team's logo... and once more (just now) to realize that "2014" is in there as well.

nav-logo.png

Yeah, MLS isn't on quite the shoestring some might think. But that ring is a bit skimpy, so to speak.

From a design perspective it's kind of lame as well. I looked at those photos at least 5 times before realizing that "MLS Cup Champions" was wrapped around the team's logo... and once more (just now) to realize that "2014" is in there as well.

In general I think the MLS produces some really nice championship rings. This most current one from the Galaxy isn't their nicest and I think the staff rings, which lack the diamond shield behind the crest, look better. Here are some more images of the rings that I can't post on this forum.

http://www.lagalaxy.com/blog/beat/2015/03/03/la-galaxy-players-overjoyed-receive-2014-mls-cup-rings

Anyone want to talk about the design of the old time Yankee rings? Or Old-time World Series rings from other teams?

Pictured below are authentic 1927 and 1938 Yankee Player World Series rings.

yank2738.jpg

The significance of the World Series rings above is that they are the first and last World Series rings Lou Gehrig won as a player.

Although not Gehrig's actual rings, they offer a glimpse of what his rings looked like.

More information about these Rings, and Gehrig's other rings are offered today on my blog.

The Championship rings from Super Bowl XII.

sb12p.jpg

Anyone want to talk about the designs?

The Cowboys ring shown above is one of my favorites - lots of bling, but a wearable size!

The Broncos ring is nice - I love the way they captured the team colors!

Didn't the steelers do something similar for one of their super bowl rings with the stars? I always found that strange for them.

t.jpg